JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For some reason I was trying to figure out what countries with no private gun ownership will do once zombies attack.

I was watching shaun of the dead. I felt sorry for them not having firearms.

So what would you do if you didn't have a gun, or ran out of ammo and there is a zombie attack?

Apply "the rules" as best I can.

1. "Cardio"
2. "Double tap"
3. "Beware of bathrooms"
4. "Wear seatbelts"
6. "Cast iron skillet"
7. "Get a kickass partner"
8. "Travel light"
12. "Bounty paper towels"
15. "Bowling Ball"
17. "(Don't) be a hero"
18. "Limber up"
21. "Avoid strip clubs"
22. "When in doubt, know your way out"
29. "The buddy system"
31. "Check the back seat"
32. "Enjoy the little things"
33. "Swiss army knife"

For some reason I was trying to figure out what countries with no private gun ownership will do once zombies attack.

I was watching shaun of the dead. I felt sorry for them not having firearms.

So what would you do if you didn't have a gun, or ran out of ammo and there is a zombie attack?

Dunno what country you be's looking at. I live in UK and I have only eighteen guns - fifteen rifles and three legal-style handguns. Sadly, there is a limit of sixteen here in my county, but because four of my guns are BP they are, for some reason, not judged as likely to be stolen [I have NO idea how they work that out, sorry].

I my neighbouring county there seems to be no upper limit - many of the folks I shoot with have more than twenty or so rifles, and quite few have a lot more. There are over 1.25 million registered firearms holders here in mainland UK, and a whole lot more over in northern Ireland, where handguns are still legal.

As for shotguns of all kinds - well, nobody actually knows how many there are of them, but you can imagine that, especially in rural areas, there are very few locations without a couple or three.

Any zombies coming into OUR village would have a hard time, that's for sure, until I run out of ammunition, that is. Having only 700 of each centre-fire calibre and 5000 .22 makes it a cert that the zombies are going to win, but a lot of them are going to, uh, die [?]

Don't write us off yet, pal, 10,000 visiting Americans a year enjoy shooting sports here in UK - that couldn't happen if it didn't happen anyhow, if you get my drift.

tac

The correct melee weapons will be required to defend yourself, with high ground you can hold them off for a while.

I prefer something like the following:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

All of these would work well, keep your range and keep the high ground. Yes, physically more taxing than a firearm, but still something to think about.

All Zombie plans should include melee weapons which can be used at range.

M

Dunno what country you be's looking at. I live in UK and I have only eighteen guns - fifteen rifles and three legal-style handguns. Sadly, there is a limit of sixteen here in my county, but because four of my guns are BP they are, for some reason, not judged as likely to be stolen [I have NO idea how they work that out, sorry].

I my neighbouring county there seems to be no upper limit - many of the folks I shoot with have more than twenty or so rifles, and quite few have a lot more. There are over 1.25 million registered firearms holders here in mainland UK, and a whole lot more over in northern Ireland, where handguns are still legal.

As for shotguns of all kinds - well, nobody actually knows how many there are of them, but you can imagine that, especially in rural areas, there are very few locations without a couple or three.

Any zombies coming into OUR village would have a hard time, that's for sure, until I run out of ammunition, that is. Having only 700 of each centre-fire calibre and 5000 .22 makes it a cert that the zombies are going to win, but a lot of them are going to, uh, die [?]

Don't write us off yet, pal, 10,000 visiting Americans a year enjoy shooting sports here in UK - that couldn't happen if it didn't happen anyhow, if you get my drift.

tac

Aaaahhh, learn something new every day. I wont worry about you as much then.

Japan though, they are screwed.:s0114:

Ha, Im watching Shaun of the Dead on Comedy Central right now!

The Zombie Survival guide does address the issue of Gun noise (non-suppressed, and anything above a .22 is only suppressed and not absolutely quiet)
Melee weapons defeat the Zombies that can see you, but don't attract those who are elsewhere.

I've got a hatchet and some bayonets... but I guess I'm vastly over-gunned for a silent Zombie defense.

I would think most of the populace would die as result of severe depression. I mean, you have a once in a lifetime opportunity to shoot zombies and you can't do it because you don't have guns! Utterly depressing. :(

I would think most of the populace would die as result of severe depression. I mean, you have a once in a lifetime opportunity to shoot zombies and you can't do it because you don't have guns! Utterly depressing. :(

LMAO,

Didn't think about it that way. So true, I don't think i could live with myself if the opportunity came up and i couldn't take advantage of it.

LMAO,
Didn't think about it that way. So true, I don't think i could live with myself if the opportunity came up and i couldn't take advantage of it.

Patton (in the movie anyway): "The last great opportunity of a lifetime - an entire world at war, and I'm left out of it? God will not permit this to happen! I will be allowed to fulfill my destiny! His will be done.":gun01:

That is a nice list ORBrit.

I think i would have to remove avoid the strip clubs though. I think a zombie stripper would be pretty funny to watch.

The things you come across when you search for Zombies :D:D:D

zombie-strippers.jpg

I keep a pair of sharp light weight hatchets just for the occasion I run out of ammo.

Also I saw (and will pickup soon) a nice double sided machette at bi-mart for like $30. It's about 2 feet long and is serrated on one side like a hacksaw and just plain sharp and smooth on the otherside. When I saw that, the first words out of my mouth were, "Wow, now that could kill some zombies." My friend laughed a little and the clerk looked at me strange. lol

Apply "the rules" as best I can.

1. "Cardio"
2. "Double tap"
3. "Beware of bathrooms"
4. "Wear seatbelts"
6. "Cast iron skillet"
7. "Get a kickass partner"
8. "Travel light"
12. "Bounty paper towels"
15. "Bowling Ball"
17. "(Don't) be a hero"
18. "Limber up"
21. "Avoid strip clubs"
22. "When in doubt, know your way out"
29. "The buddy system"
31. "Check the back seat"
32. "Enjoy the little things"
33. "Swiss army knife"

that's a great movie,no matter what it did in the box office!!!!!!!!

I keep a pair of sharp light weight hatchets just for the occasion I run out of ammo.

Also I saw (and will pickup soon) a nice double sided machette at bi-mart for like $30. It's about 2 feet long and is serrated on one side like a hacksaw and just plain sharp and smooth on the otherside. When I saw that, the first words out of my mouth were, "Wow, now that could kill some zombies." My friend laughed a little and the clerk looked at me strange. lol

That's it...I'm going to start shopping at Bi-mart for all my zombie slaying needs.:s0155:

I always thought it was odd that zombies transfer zombieism through body fluids(saliva) yet people pay no mind to the blood and fluids when they are slicing their way through the hordes. Rubber gloves, safety glasses, and a mask of some sort would be a necessity... at least I would think.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top