JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Europeans, Brits in particular, are light-years ahead of us in civility. They did, after all, have the common sense to outlaw and confiscate firearms from it's citizens (subjects) and to wisely make self defense a punishable offense... civilized peoples rely on others, notably government agents, to keep them safe.
Now they have a predictable spike in stabbings. So much so that there are bills in Parliament to outlaw knives with points. I'll say that again... outlaw knives with points. And of course we have the Muslim mayor of London threatening his own subjects with prison if the dare to carry the only means allowed to them for protection and to cut the miserable, overcooked meat and stickerbushbush-pies they seem so enamored-of. It's difficult for me to express my disdain for low-level government functionaries who overstep their boundries and display contempt for the rights of their electorate while keeping w/in the boundries of CoCs and civilized speech so I'll leave it there.

Let's recap...1) the most civilized people in the world can't be trusted with pointy things.
2) Stay out of England in general, London in specific.

Last Edited:
You know when they have those movies about a dystopian future where the cities are all walled off and everyone inside lives in comfort and splendor and everyone outside is in MadMax?

Real life is just the opposite. I say wall up those cities now under the guise that they are keeping us out

The American Revolution may have kicked that boulder rolling. We showed the world that a small group of colonists, with the aid of the French and Hessians could drive the Brits out. The British could be defeated. Now theres no Empire, just a sad ghost of what once was, and political correctness is the rule not the exception.
I like the idea of your comment.......but a small correction, the Hessian mercenaries fought for the British.......with the exception of the ones that switched sides mid war like my 5th great grandfather. Did you know that California outlawed double edge knives over a decade ago?

We visit my cousins in Surry....the outskirts of London frequently but the city has changed so much since the 70's that I have no interest going to the heart of the city. There is little culture left of old Britain outside of tourist destinations. We like the countryside and Edinburgh a lot but last time we were in England, I didn't even take my wife to London proper. We will be in Europe another 90 days or more next spring, have no intention of spending time in London. The exception may be that I am activity looking for a car to do the London to Brighton run with and if that ever happens we will do that. It has to be an original 1904 or earlier vintage. I have a lot of well documented personal history in the British isles and could spend a year or more just exploring castles that my family lived in and battle fields they fought on. I am actually more comfortable in Germany and Austria.

Ah, but I beg to differ... when a pedophile-worshipping terrsymp doesn't want you to have something, that means you should start carrying at least half a dozen.

Wonder what he says to Sikhs who are required as part of their faith to always carry a small dagger for self-defense?

Ah, but I beg to differ... when a pedophile-worshipping terrsymp doesn't want you to have something, that means you should start carrying at least half a dozen.

Wonder what he says to Sikhs who are required as part of their faith to always carry a small dagger for self-defense?
They get a pass-since they are in the "minority"....... :cool:

A bit ironic, that after countless battle-field deaths driving the moors from France and Spain- not to mention the countless wars thru-out the centuries in eastern and southern Europa to drive the mohammedans out... that England of all places lets them in the "back door" and ELECTS one as mayor of London... and this one has the gall to tell the Brits that "there is never a reason to carry a knife"!?!:mad:

DemhufhVMAAhfxJ.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads