JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went in there in the early 1990s looking for 870 Express, seems like they had them for around $230 at the time. I told them Bi-Mart has them on sale for $189, the owner told be that Bi-Mart doesn't straighten the barrels.....,.. I walked out and told every gun friend never go in there. Was a good location back in the day, they seemed to be more interested in collecting more guns than they sold. What a waste.......

Old thread, but I asked them why their Rem700 price was higher than MSRP and it was explained to me that they have impeccable service should there ever be a problem with the rifle....kinda like a forced extended warranty.

Since "Big Tony" sounds like a spaghetti bender's name, he probably straightens the barrels....

Holy cow! Five pages and running! How have I never heard of this wonderful place!?!?;

As a NOOB to guns, that's the first place Wifey and I went after I got some real old beater rifles Dad gave me to get info and possible values on them. I mean, when ya' look in the yellow pages? "The Gun Room" ought to be the place to go, yeah? For a minute I thought that was just the way gun shops were! :s0112: We got the same impression at Allison & Cary.

Old thread, but I asked them why their Rem700 price was higher than MSRP and it was explained to me that they have impeccable service should there ever be a problem with the rifle....kinda like a forced extended warranty.

Their normal response to that question is that they are hand picked off the assembly line.

-E-

1614267895323.png

I've never been there but now I want to go!

Their reputation is legendary, but yet somehow they have outlasted nearly every other shop in the Portland Metro area through the decades. I have never been able to wrap my head around it, but if someone ever figures it out, please let the rest of us know.

I'm guessing that all of their customers buy from them only once. Unfortunately there's enough of that sort of business to keep places like this going.

Haha.
This thread is awesome.
I stop in there every couple years to see if the guys are still breathing the fumes from their own fecal matter.
Low and behold they are.
I think it's great that they've been forced to "lower" their standards.
Prices have always been outrageous, service even worse, and the stench of b_llchit so thick you can taste it.

Haha.
This thread is awesome.
I stop in there every couple years to see if the guys are still breathing the fumes from their own fecal matter.
Low and behold they are.
I think it's great that they've been forced to "lower" their standards.
Prices have always been outrageous, service even worse, and the stench of b_llchit so thick you can taste it.

Wifey/myself have only been in there once, when we first got into guns about 2010. They had racks and racks of old rifles and shotguns, do the still have all that? At the time they were just old wood and steel to me. Now I love that stuff.

Wifey/myself have only been in there once, when we first got into guns about 2010. They had racks and racks of old rifles and shotguns, do the still have all that? At the time they were just old wood and steel to me. Now I love that stuff.

They actually do get some nice, hard to find stuff in from time to time. But the price!!!! OMG!!!

-E-

They actually do get some nice, hard to find stuff in from time to time. But the price!!!! OMG!!!

-E-

Yeah, that's what I would figure. The one time we did go there I was hoping to find someone to help me with values of some real old guns my Dad gave me. They weren't much help of course. One of them DID try to sell me a fine looking stainless S&W revolver though. It was $650.0 or $695.00 is all I remember. I'm sure at least $100.00 over what I could have got it for elsewhere.

They still had a lot of stuff when I was in there last, which was October. I wanted to see how desperate folks were getting.
At that time there was still a lot firearms in the racks. The glass display shelves were getting thin. All of their overpriced reloading components had jumped in price by about 30% in my estimation.

A couple was in there purchasing a rifle and clearly very clueless about the whole process, operation of rifle, and probably a serious danger to themselves with a firearm in their hands.
The female half seemed to be buying it for the male half.
I cant positively confirm it was a straw purchase but i left the store not wanting to be involved or witness to an incident of that nature.

I cant positively confirm it was a straw purchase but i left the store not wanting to be involved or witness to an incident of that nature.

That's funny! You, being in the firearms community, for probably many more years than us, might have a hard time relating to what it's like when your an adult going in to a gun store for the first times! I still remember as it was just 11 years ago. I'm sure we looked pretty funny. Wifey was semi petrified. :s0112: It was weird to me, but I knew gun owners and gun stores were our friends. For the most part anyway. Gun Broker on 82nd, the little cutie sold a keltec PF-9 for Wifey's first gun. :oops:

That's funny! You, being in the firearms community, for probably many more years than us, might have a hard time relating to what it's like when your an adult going in to a gun store for the first times! I still remember as it was just 11 years ago. I'm sure we looked pretty funny. Wifey was semi petrified. :s0112: It was weird to me, but I knew gun owners and gun stores were our friends. For the most part anyway. Gun Broker on 82nd, the little cutie sold a keltec PF-9 for Wifey's first gun. :oops:

No. This was shady.
It gave me that punched in the gut kinda feeling shady.

Plus in the GR there is no reason to interrupt the counter guys when they are about to make a sale of an overpriced rifle to an under educated newb that seems like a better fit in a meth house.

FTR, i feel like a little kid every time i go into a gun store. I marvel at all the shiney things and daydream about playing GI Joe with all the shiney things. ;)

I was looking for specific rifle/pistol every now and then if I don't find it listed on here I'll try most of the shops around Portland before resorting to buying online. Anyway any time I've called them first they never want to disclose the prices " just come in" that is the worst thing you can tell a potential buyer probably because that's the only way they get into their store. Horrible service if you act like you could careless if I buy something specially when it's $500 sale you can kiss my arse even if that's means I have to order online I will. I can't stand further horrible establishments by giving them my money it makes them think it's okay to treat customers that way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top