JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea you can't trust the dwarves to pick the barrels. That would be insane.
Or an Elf!
1603831257071.png

how are they still open? Does anyone ever post a favorable review? perhaps they are just a front for some other operation and are rude to everyone to discourage customers.
Old guy owns the building. Son's a chip off the ol' block. Tons of stuff, lots of archery gear - more like a big basement den filled with crap.
You kinda feel the vibe that the guy's decided he's gonna die there.

oh - and parrot chit.

Racist and sexist as hell, but you can't be offended because he literally hates everyone equally
This is indicative of some deep emotional issues - he was probably abused in some manner at some time in his life.

People like this are usually so angry any levity in their lives only results in them compounding the disrespect and condemnation they have for others.

On a positive note, Warren did give me a free cardboard gun box that I needed to ship a rifle in.
I called the store and he told me it wouldn't be a problem and when I showed up later that day, he was visibly annoyed that he had to go upstairs and retrieve it.
I truly believe that's the only thing that's walked out the door for free, except for advice about plastic guns being bad and dangerous.

The Gun Room was even recently mentioned on reddit Portland, not exactly a right leaning forum. A newbie was asking about gun shops. Some of the comments received were " it is worth visiting for the cringetainment," plus "I'm glad you mentioned the Gun Room... beware of the animals... " and " not even gun owners go to the Gun Room."

I guess word gets around, even with the leftist crowd. I will admit, however, I purchased my very first firearm there around 1980. A Remington Nylon 66 .22 rifle which I still have.

Last Edited:
It's always fun to look around, at least. The one time I made a purchase, the old man had left for the day and the kid basically said name your price I need to move inventory, so I walked away with a couple projects for a reasonable amount.

If you know the humor in this - then you know.

One of the worst service and shops in town for years have made it their mission to belittle and demean any and all customers they meet in their shop for years.
Until now - any mention of any poly weapon would have them laughing you back out the door like children in a clique.
But low and behold - they can't get inventory like most and have had to lower their standards. (Because they have nothing else to sell!)

Lol. I'm not even gonna link them.
No truer words were spoken about a business in the firearms industry here in Portland. I can remember in the early 90's going there and having one of the worst and last experiences in that place. Never went back.

It might be fun to go in there and - while browsing - look at your watch, act panicked, and lay down a prayer rug while asking them which way the sun sets compared to their building.

Years ago I went into the Gun Room working a case nearby. Very very nasty people working. Parked nearby for work and saw very little traffic going in or out, which lasted for a week or more. I still think it is some type of money laundry operation going on.

When I went there I felt like I needed to take a shower when I got home.

But maybe I got them wrong, maybe the gun room is doing their part In educating new gun customers. A lot of new gun customers aren't even aware that:

1) Guns in their store are the best ones there are. Really they are the best ones on the planet. Customers should be honored to even have a chance to buy one really.
2) That gun the customer heard about, that the entire world says is excellent, really it is crap. In fact, all the guns in that category are crap. In fact, any gun that is not for sale in the store, really it is crap. It has always been crap and always will.
3) A whole bunch of crazy BS that the owners are complete experts on, and the customers need to be educated on. How did the customer even get this far in life without this wisdom?
4) Customers should never question a gun store owner, just take whatever he gives you as gospel and bring out your wallet.

Then again, maybe they are what the seem to be, arrogant, bigoted, ignorant charlatans. Worst gun shop I ever had the misfortune of walking into.

I witnessed first hand how the counter guys treat females when one walks in with a male friend who is along to help them buy a self defense pistol.
The counter guy would only talk to the guy, even though it was specifically mentioned the friends role was to help his lady friend, so with that said the most expensive and heaviest pistol in the glass case comes out for a show and tell, and always the attention is to the man, never to the actual buying customer.
The lady then asks about a certain pistol which has been recommended to her, which is clearly stated that she has already shot before, likes the way it handled and the counter guy then condescendingly gives her an exasperated look and pulls out the old dogeared and worn "Plastic guns are bad" picture book to prove once and for all that he knows best.
They leave shaking their heads, never to return.

I went in there in the early 1990s looking for 870 Express, seems like they had them for around $230 at the time. I told them Bi-Mart has them on sale for $189, the owner told be that Bi-Mart doesn't straighten the barrels.....,.. I walked out and told every gun friend never go in there. Was a good location back in the day, they seemed to be more interested in collecting more guns than they sold. What a waste.......

Old thread, but I asked them why their Rem700 price was higher than MSRP and it was explained to me that they have impeccable service should there ever be a problem with the rifle....kinda like a forced extended warranty.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top