JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've never been there or even really heard anything about them until now. But now? Like a hot stove, I just want to get burned just so I can be that guy.

Be prepared for massive amounts of ego, attitude and pictures of blown up Glocks. The same 5 pictures recycled all over the net from double charged handloads.

Oh, wait...they sell them now. Maybe you'll be spared at least some of their lecture. :rolleyes:

Obviously Glock has finally seen the light and started using that special Warrensteel for their barrels. You know, like the other gun manufacturers do, but just for the Gun Room guns.:s0140:

I once bought some special gun bore cleaner that they touted as the best in the world.
When I got home, the tube was all dried up from sitting on the shelf for untold years.
I took it it back and they wouldn't give me a cash return, so I had to use up my in store credit on another over priced product.

Be prepared for massive amounts of ego, attitude and pictures of blown up Glocks. The same 5 pictures recycled all over the net from double charged handloads.

Oh, wait...they sell them now. Maybe you'll be spared at least some of their lecture. :rolleyes:
Maybe someone needs to go in and ask to buy the binder full of scary photos, now that they don't need them anymore

From their website, the homepage has a very tacticool revolver with what looks like made in china budget firearm light and air soft red dot.

AMMO SALES

.223 500 round cases, 6.5 Grendel,.40 Cal, .357 Magnum & 6.5 Creedmore
, 9mm, 45ACP is back in stock as of today 10/26/20 The Gun Room Inc. does not do internet sale transfers/FFL Transfers and suggests you support your local gun shop instead.

From their website, the homepage has a very tacticool revolver with what looks like made in china budget firearm light and air soft red dot.

AMMO SALES

.223 500 round cases, 6.5 Grendel,.40 Cal, .357 Magnum & 6.5 Creedmore
, 9mm, 45ACP is back in stock as of today 10/26/20 The Gun Room Inc. does not do internet sale transfers/FFL Transfers and suggests you support your local gun shop instead.

It also says no lookie-loos, only purchasers allowed. In bold. So don't go there to browse or else!!

It says somewhere on their pages that they have lots of rare 1911's but they "fly off the shelves" so there's always something new to see.

Except you can't. Unless you are for sure going to buy. Eff that place and the renobs that work there. IDGAF if they were selling Glocks at blue label pricing to everyone, I would rather soil myself than even stop there to take a dump.

It also says no lookie-loos, only purchasers allowed. In bold. So don't go there to browse or else!!
Always been that way. I had cash in hand for a nice LC Smith 16ga. They would not even let me look, after they found out I was Enlisted Air Force. Said an Enlisted member could never earn enough money to afford one (I had just returned from a very long deployment). I went back to my duty station in Vegas, and bought a nice 16ga Ithaca pump from a local shop. Saved me a ton of money.

Always been that way. I had cash in hand for a nice LC Smith 16ga. They would not even let me look, after they found out I was Enlisted Air Force. Said an Enlisted member could never earn enough money to afford one (I had just returned from a very long deployment). I went back to my duty station in Vegas, and bought a nice 16ga Ithaca pump from a local shop. Saved me a ton of money.
You were stationed at Nellis and didn't spend all of your deployment money in the gentlemen's clubs? That should be an EPR bullet!

Their reputation is legendary, but yet somehow they have outlasted nearly every other shop in the Portland Metro area through the decades. I have never been able to wrap my head around it, but if someone ever figures it out, please let the rest of us know.

-E-

I can help with this question.

#1 way for old established businesses to stick around with terrible reputations is..... they own their retail building. This for most business is the #2 biggest monthly expense over employees. Over the yrs rent goes up as the neighborhood rents go up. BUT if you own your own building it never goes up. In fact, eventually, it goes away as most commercial loans are 15yrs. As long as they sell enough to those who buy into their "Glocks are junk" to cover basic costs they are fine and keep on keeping on.

Quick public records look and Edmund LaCasse owns both the (a) building and the (b) registered business with the State of Orgon. They own their own building so have a fixed cost. The records show they owned the building in 2013 with a value of $565k (records of tax payments for it goes back to 08 so they have owned it at least since 2008) and the county lists its value now just below $1M. On the open market, it's probably more like $1.75M in value (or more). Rent in 2020 should be at least 3x what it was in 2013. Makes a big difference when your #2 biggest cost suddenly is gone. For most of these businesses, when the owner retires the building is worth more than the business ever was. Sad but true in a lot of cases.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 2.36.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 2.38.30 PM.png

Never been to this place but been reading about it over the years so I finally visited their website.

After reading a few paragraphs of their fine descriptions about who and what they are gives me the impression they are all a bunch of bib overall wearing, self righteous, loudmouthed, one sided and highly opinionated idiots.

Nothing on their site suggests a friendly or appreciative demeanor toward customers. Quite frankly it appears they are 'playing' on uneducated potential gun owners and are perpetuating an odd, almost 'paranoid' position on gun ownership.

Even I I were close I would probably not visit the store, well I couldn't anyway because I would be a 'Looky Loo' and not be allowed to stay!

Never been to this place but been reading about it over the years so I finally visited their website.

After reading a few paragraphs of their fine descriptions about who and what they are gives me the impression they are all a bunch of bib overall wearing, self righteous, loudmouthed, one sided and highly opinionated idiots.

Nothing on their site suggests a friendly or appreciative demeanor toward customers. Quite frankly it appears they are 'playing' on uneducated potential gun owners and are perpetuating an odd, almost 'paranoid' position on gun ownership.

Even I I were close I would probably not visit the store, well I couldn't anyway because I would be a 'Looky Loo' and not be allowed to stay!

You are not wrong sir. Years ago I stepped in there and was told that the guns they sell are made with better steel than the same exact guns sold elsewhere.

You're a pretty good judge of people my friend. The Gun Room was the, very, FIRST gun shop I ever set foot in. I had just come back to PDX from my childhood home after my father had given me all (8) of his guns, He said "Your brother wouldn't have any interest in these". I was looking to see how much those old beaters were worth. These were old guns in bad shape. Most of those guns are gone now and with the money, I turned them in to mo' better, good guns. They didn't seem to be interested in talking much. Funny thing, I did pretty good selling those 100 + year old guns after I got more info on them. And going to the big Oregon Arms Collector's shows. The Gun Room guys probably could have made some good money on me. :s0114: I've learned a bunch in these last 11 years.

Years ago I was remodeling an old basement workshop into a home office for some lefty leaning folks when I went out to lunch and to pick up some supplies.
When I got back, the wife was near hysterical with fear, because after I left, her husband moved a couple of boxes that were tucked between the ceiling joists and they discovered her Grandpa's WW1 Colt 45 army issued revolver.
It was wrapped in an old rag and was loaded.
The nervous husband drove it to the Gun Room and demanded that they take the dangerous vintage gun off his hands.
They certainly did. They offered him no money and it was up for sale the next day.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads