JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always recoil at the picture of a classic firearm dressed up in modern furniture. They could chamber the M1a in any caliber without a blink from me, but for heaven's sake do keep the wood and classic lines. Felt the same way about Mossberg making a lever-action with a fore-end that resembled a tactical rifle. Any day now I expect some outfit will produce a single-action revolver with removable magazine to address the slow loading problem. Want tactical, go with modern designs from beginning to end. Just leave the historical legacy alone.
11.gif cranky old man

there oughta be a law :eek:
tactical flintlock.jpg

Last Edited:
I kinda like it. But that's a ton of money for something that isnt going to accept optics (well, or at all)

I noticed the 6.5 CM news too. Not sure that I see the point even though I love 6.5 CM. I would however disagree that it won't accept optics well. A nice T1 or T2 located about half way down the barrel of a Socom or a Scout seems like the perfect optic on a very nice gun. (Although that is the argument against this gun in 6.5 CM, 308 would work just fine for a good 1x optic)

I always recoil at the picture of a classic firearm dressed up in modern furniture. They could chamber the M1a in any caliber without a blink from me, but for heaven's sake do keep the wood and classic lines. Felt the same way about Mossberg making a lever-action with a fore-end that resembled a tactical rifle. Any day now I expect some outfit will produce a single-action revolver with removable magazine to address the slow loading problem. Want tactical, go with modern designs from beginning to end. Just leave the historical legacy alone.
View attachment 411840cranky old man

there oughta be a law :eek:
View attachment 411860

Then you ought to just LOVE a muzzleloading AR15!

I see these beautiful rifles being turned into tacticool knock offs of 10/22 mall ninja idiot guns where Tapco has the same impremetuer as Rolls Royce.

Fat old guys like me have stopped remembering that these beautiful, crafted tools to put holes in things far away are different than a chevy king cab 4x4 with all the bubblegum and punisher stickers you can adhere to them.

My "tactical rifle" need more Stuff to screw on it damn it!

If I have to carry my m1a to Cleveland on foot after the North Korean apocalypse through the snow, that shortened barrel, red dot sight and collapsible stock in woodland camouflage will come in handy.

Unless you're competing in a particular sport like 3 gun, you don't need 20 shotgun shells in a gun... do you think the Birds was a documentary? Are all the Cripps and the Bloods coming for you?

Whatever.

In 6.5 Creedmoor? Fine. Folding stock paratroop model with a 7" muzzlebreak and tactical light? Not so much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top