JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I am shopping for a $700 handgun and accessories. If somebody is even the slightest bit of an bubblegum. I will tell that to their face and walk out. I have nothing to lose considering I could just shop online and have an ffl do the transfer for me.

This is the philosophy that use for any kind of purchase. Luckily I have found everyone in the gun community to be helpful and have run into none of the snobbery that I've read about.Very strange that people would treat a potential customer in this way.I started fly fishing about five years ago and went into my local fly shop to pick up some stuff and owner treated me like I was ruining his day by trying to make a purchase.I told him in no uncertain terms that his attitude was garbage and that I would never set foot in his store again.Absolutely no need for such poor treatment of potential customers.

I completely agree with this video. I used to frequent NW Armory. I have posted here many times how great they are and how much I appreciate NOT being treated like crap at a place where I spend thousand's of dollars a year. Though they will not notice or care, my thousand's of dollars a year will go elsewhere. It seems to me that the folks with something to offer are A***oles and the ones with a tiny shop and 4 boxes of ammo for sale are the friendly ones. I wish there was one gun store in Portland that would at least pretend that I was human to my face and wait until I leave to insult me. Kip.

Watching sons of guns this morning(killing time before a meeting) a couple came into the office and said they wanted a 9mm for home defense.The owner asked them about their experience with guns and then sent them away when they said they had none.Rather than take a little time to try to help,educate and bring new people into the community he treated them like idiots that were wasting his time.Awfully snotty for a man who's lost his ffl.Total jackass.

I actually find this to be true with every 'hobby' store. Models, card shops, guns, fly/tackle stores; it's all the same.

Typically someone had such a passion for their hobby that they wanted to turn it into a business. Then, over time, the 'business' end of things took over; employee's, taxes, licensing, insurance, making a profit etc. What you loved has turned into a whole lot of work. Add to that the insult to injury that your business takes all of your time so you can't enjoy your hobby any more.

After the 10,000th person has asked the same basic question or picked you apart for not having internet pricing you start to lose a little of the passion.

I'm not saying it's right or justified. I'm saying I can understand why you might run into attitude in a hobby shop.

As a teen I spent way too much time in comic stores and never encountered snotty attitudes.I started fly fishing five years ago and have dealt with many people and shops in the game and have only ever encountered one shop owner who acted like an uppity fool.This guy runs a shop in Seattle and most people know to stay away because he's an *** hat.He actually called and threatened me after I gave a bad review to his shop.Near a 100% of what I've encountered when I've got a new interest in something is a happy sort of "welcome to the club" attitude.Most people seem happy to impart the knowledge they have acquired from their hobbies.If not you may want to seek other means of employment or counseling.There is no excuse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top