JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dawson's recipe is this :

For All Dovetail Front Sight Installs
The Loctite 620 high temperature retaining compound
"Loctite 620" is what we use on all dovetail front sight installs.
Do not use on screw on front sights such as Glock, trust us.
Do not use it on rear sight installs as it makes it hard to tap rear sight for windage adjustment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For All Rear Sight and Screw On Front Sight Installs
Loctite 262 Threadlocker
"Loctite 262" is what we use on all dovetail rear sight and all screw on front sight installs.
It can also be used on well fit dovetail front sight installs, but is not impervious to gun cleaners like Loctite 620.
Use it on rear sight installs as it makes it possible tap rear sight for windage adjustment, and use very small amount on set screws so they can be loosened to adjust.

My gunsmith said to use Blue Loctite for the front sight screw.

What do you use ?

I wicked some blue into the slop on a rear dovetail that was super rattle-around loose and come time to adjust it with a hammer and brass drift, that thing was hard to move an angstrom. I was impressed.

I guess I'm missing something but I have never have used loctite on pistol sights. I
have replaced sights on 1911s and M&Ps. They fit real snug. Have had no issues.
o_O

I guess I'm missing something but I have never have used loctite on pistol sights. I
have replaced sights on 1911s and M&Ps. They fit real snug. Have had no issues.
o_O
The Glock front sight (for example) uses a tiny bolt that comes up from inside the slide.
It takes a 3/16" thin wall nut driver to install.
Sometimes the front sights have a set screw in addition to the dovetail.

I've been using Red on MANY, MANY things for many years and it works fine. But, I'm like Ron as far as sights are concerned. I just make the dovetail the right size for the tight fit. If there is a set screw, then the Red is right.

I wouldn't use red unless I knew I was done adjusting.
It's interesting that Dawson uses two flavors of red Loctite (see post #1).
Sounds like you wouldn't want to get them mixed up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top