JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody familiar or have first hand knowledge of this product? Looking for this or something similar for my car. Any hints or advice is appreciated. I am mainly interested to know if the quality justifies the price and how difficult it install and how secure is it?

TruncVault Ford Taurus

Thank you

I'd think a claw type lock would work best for a car trunk to secure a long gun.

Baddies gonna get anything, given enough time. Trick is to make it harder for them to get, so they go for easier pickings.

I'd think a claw type lock would work best for a car trunk to secure a long gun.

Baddies gonna get anything, given enough time. Trick is to make it harder for them to get, so they go for easier pickings.
Forgive my ignorance, what is a claw type lock? Any links or suggestions is appreciated.

Forgive my ignorance, what is a claw type lock? Any links or suggestions is appreciated.

Something they used to have in police cars between the seats.

An updated version is a shotlock type.

Amazon.com : ShotLock Shotgun 200M Solo-Vault (Mechanical) : Sports & Outdoors

But I'd think you could fashion up something similar using a padlock and some bar stock.

...course obviously wouldn't do anything to secure your gear, like the vault you opened this thread with would. For that, you could fashion up/jury rug some type of strong box & chain/cable it to the unibody.

Something they used to have in police cars between the seats.

An updated version is a shotlock type.

Amazon.com : ShotLock Shotgun 200M Solo-Vault (Mechanical) : Sports & Outdoors

But I'd think you could fashion up something similar using a padlock and some bar stock.

...course obviously wouldn't do anything to secure your gear, like the vault you opened this thread with would. For that, you could fashion up/jury rug some type of strong box & chain/cable it to the unibody.
Yes that is the challenge. Would like secure storage for gear and electronics. Thank you for the info.

I just got one of their console safes, this one:
4Runner

Well made, excellent customer service (just really nice people) and if it matters made in the USA (Texas) ... from packing material, shipping box, steel. I would say yes, $1,000.00 is pricey but it will be well made. Hey, you get free shipping too.;)

I wish I was handy enough to put something together from the Shotlock like Camelfilter posted, unfortunately I'm not. However, I like stuff that is not visible like a locked case too. Maybe a combination of these two products. Say, the Bad guy gets into the safe, oh look, another darn lock to get through to get the firearm or what-have-you.

Good luck with your search.

*Note: Not affiliated with Lock'Er Down, just a satisfied customer is all.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the info. I am in a similar situation as I am not mechanically inclined enough to devise my own contraption. Will be a couple months as I need to save the funds.

Thanks for the info. I am in a similar situation as I am not mechanically inclined enough to devise my own contraption. Will be a couple months as I need to save the funds.

Yeah, I know the feeling. But I think you're on the right track. I mean, if someone steals your vehicle they will be able to get into anything you have because they will have time and probably access to tools. The idea is that hopefully, the smash&grab types don't have time to do much with something like this. I'd also look at your deductible, if it's more than $500.00, then the cost of something like this might not seem as hard to swallow.

Yeah, I know the feeling. But I think you're on the right track. I mean, if someone steals your vehicle they will be able to get into anything you have because they will have time and probably access to tools. The idea is that hopefully, the smash&grab types don't have time to do much with something like this. I'd also look at your deductible, if it's more than $500.00, then the cost of something like this might not seem as hard to swallow.
I agree. I am more concerned about my gear falling vicitim to a smash and grab.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top