JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, in concurance with BM114, (not that I want to), I have put together a 'Mag Box'. This plastic ammo can (no particular material was specified) that comes with a padlock hole (two, actually), now has the appropriate portion of 'The Measure' taped to the side, for anyone to see and read if necessary. You see, according to 'The Measure', I can go shooting, using my standard capacity magazines out in the toolies, a "recreational activity, permitted under state law", as long as I transport them (the magazines) in a locked in a separate container.

Joke 'em if the can't take a 'firetruck' !! It's all perfectly legal, and covered by 'The Measure'. They ain't stopping me from burning powder!!!

IMG_20221204_140250358.jpg

Last Edited:
Because everybody seems to think that with 114, we are limited in our use of bigger mags to "public or private shooting ranges or shooting galleries, or for hunting". But, you see, I can read, thus I will use my mags 'legally' anywhere I want, using their words against them.

And, there was no big effort required to put the 'box' together. And, if confronted by any (incompetent) authority, I possess the 'written word' to counter any issues. It's like carrying the Bible.

Because everybody seems to think that with 114, we are limited in our use of bigger mags to "public or private shooting ranges or shooting galleries, or for hunting". But, you see, I can read, thus I will use my mags 'legally' anywhere I want, using their words against them.

And, there was no big effort required to put the 'box' together. And, if confronted by any (incompetent) authority, I possess the 'written word' to counter any issues. It's like carrying the Bible.
I've been looking in to a similar set up. I would rather not, but it's easy, and I haven't ever needed immediate access to those standard capacity mags between my house and the woods. But people will do what they will. Waiting to see how the challenges go.

I think its a good idea, simple and cheap. I dont get the critisism of it? I'm not certain if there is a confusion mistaking transporting requirements with [home] storage requirements?

You're doing exactly what they want you to do. Congratulations.
Well that's the thing about laws. We're supposed to follow them... or we are known as "criminals." Which is really "what they want."

We view these laws as unjust. They are. But as law-abiding citizens, we lose or credibility if we simply ignore them.

GripItAndRipIt understands . . .

Like the protestors that tore up things in Portland and went to jail; they think they made a difference. But they didn't accomplish a single thing except getting 'booked' and possibly a criminal record.

If you indescriminately disobey the law, and make a show of it; though you may feel like you are making a point, you are actually accomplishing nothing.

I will protest in my own 'legal' way, but in the end, I will still have a clear record, AND be able to buy and own firearms.

It's not who wins the battle; it's who wins the war.

How many pieces of your pie are you gonna give away before you make the stand and say "No more!"? The answer is different for everyone I suppose. OP you've made it clear how far you will go to continue to comply.

I nor anyone here can condemn you for that.

Well that's the thing about laws. We're supposed to follow them... or we are known as "criminals." Which is really "what they want."

We view these laws as unjust. They are. But as law-abiding citizens, we lose or credibility if we simply ignore them.
Step in line then. I won't be playing by these rules. But that's just me.

I've done my best to be a law abiding citizen. But some things have gone too far.

GripItAndRipIt understands . . .

Like the protestors that tore up things in Portland and went to jail; they think they made a difference. But they didn't accomplish a single thing except getting 'booked' and possibly a criminal record.

I would like to see your stats on this thou, I've heard nothing but the opposite from this.

I would like to see your stats on this thou, I've heard nothing but the opposite from this.
Yea. No one got locked up or charged in the riots. I was thinking the same thing. Just like no one is going to be arrested for standard mags as a stand-alone charge.

Yea. No one got locked up or charged in the riots. I was thinking the same thing. Just like no one is going to be arrested for standard mags as a stand-alone charge.
oh I would say anyone transporting mags unlocked in Mult county would get charged in a heartbeat. I dont have any confidence state prosecutors are not politically biased and motivated, why the rioters didnt get charged...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top