JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

This is interesting.

I could use this a number of places - the two entrances for my house, the mandoor for my shop, a gun safe and so on.

This is interesting.

I could use this a number of places - the two entrances for my house, the mandoor for my shop, a gun safe and so on.

This looks interesting and is a fair bit cheaper than the Liberty Safe Monitor that I bought with my gun safe. Not sure about the range and since my safe is a fairly far away from my access point. The monitor I bought includes an antenna extension so it reaches outside my safe and my monitor is powered by 2 AA batteries that last for many months.

It does a good job and sends my phone and sms when door is opened, closed, or movement detected. It also gives me a low/high humidity alert which I have never gotten.

I guess I don't care the you need to mount a magnet so the puck can sense the door open or closed. I have never got a false alarm from my monitor either.

The puck" useful for other things besides being put into a gun safe.

Thanks for the useful link.

Last Edited:
Reviews complain about hooking up to the WiFi - there are things that can be done for that. I would wait a while for a second generation.

Personally, I want something that doesn't depend solely on remote servers - maybe something that uses the cell phone network. I need to do some digging. We lose power occasionally up here, and my internet access is long distance WiFi, so I would need a battery backup for that, and I would need it for whatever WAP I had in my shop. I may wait for the Starlink as that is what I will probably windup with anyway, and then hook into that.

We have a battery backup for the modem and router but if the powers goes out for 4 or 5 hours the battery is drained and UPS automatically powers off. We don't have that many issues with power at this time.

Last Edited:
Maybe just get a door sensor that runs on its own internal battery and have a bell Inside your home that notifies you of an intruder is in your shop. Not sure how far your shop is from your home if you run weather proof wires from your shop to your home.

Maybe just get a door sensor that runs on its own internal battery and have a bell Inside your home that notifies you of an intruder is in your shop. Not sure how far your shop is from your home if you run weather proof wires from your shop to your home.

It is about 50 yards away. I would need to do something with WiFi mesh.

I could go with WiFi mesh/etc. and just have battery backups for various systems. The shop is in a good place for solar too.

Much of this depends on whether I stay here or not. I will figure something out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top