JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yech!

What makes any of you think that Romney would be any better than Obama???

Romney does not believe in the limited powers of the Federal Gvm't outlined in the Constitution. He certainly does not believe in the 2nd and 14th amendments as evidenced by his time in Massachusetts as governor.

Romney would not end the U.S.' armed presence in the world, a presence which has done nothing to advance the cause of liberty and has rightly made us many enemies, such as those who attacked us on September 11th.

Romney would not end the Federal Reserve, an institution responsible for the Great Depression, as well as the recession we are currently in; Romney would not end the institution responsible for the secret taxation of Americans through seigniorage, the process of printing money to buy U.S. bonds.

Romney would do nothing to end the war on drugs, a gvm't initiative which has imprisoned millions of young men (at our expense), destroyed families, and created violent cartels which torture, rape, and kill.

Romney would do nothing to role back the various initiatives of the Federal Gvm't whose very existence mock not only our Constitution, but our rights as human beings.

I will be voting for Ron Paul on election day, irrelevant of whether or not he is still in the race.

Romney and Obama are practically identical! How can anyone bring themselves to vote for either of them?

I vote this post of the week

If the limited powers (Article 1, Section 8 US Constitution) of the Federal Government were enforced, the Citizens United decision would have been meaningless because no politician would have the ability to grant favors via the government. If corporations were not able to get favors from the government, there would be no point for corporations to give exorbitant donations to politicians.

Wha ... wha .... WHAT!!!???? Are you saying our government is bought and sold? Are you saying our government is corrupt????? Oh no ... say it isnt so! My eyes are bleeding! Are you saying that those voting, elite, ultra-wealthy, corporations are able to curry favor more than little 'ol lower middle class me because they have money?????

I will be voting for Ron Paul on election day, irrelevant of whether or not he is still in the race.

Well, he won't be still in the race:

BREAKING: Paul Pulls Plug…or did he?

Republican Congressman Ron Paul – who has a considerable following among Pacific Northwest gun owners – has suspended his campaign for his party’s nomination to run for president this year…or has he?

<broken link removed>

So, you're saying that you will throw away your vote rather than use it toward getting rid of the train wreck we now have...
:huh:

Well, he won't be still in the race:

BREAKING: Paul Pulls Plug...or did he?

Republican Congressman Ron Paul &#8211; who has a considerable following among Pacific Northwest gun owners &#8211; has suspended his campaign for his party's nomination to run for president this year...or has he?

<broken link removed>

So, you're saying that you will throw away your vote rather than use it toward getting rid of the train wreck we now have...

AHEM... some of us actually have guiding principles that we live by.. no matter what

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

John Quincy Adams quotes (American 6th US President (1825-29), eldest son of John Adams, 2nd US president. 1767-1848)

A vote for Romney is a vote for a guy who is "pro-gun" only because he has to be. He's the most pathetic example of a pandering politician I've come across.

Mitt Romney is quoted on Meet The Press as saying "I don't line up with the NRA." Mitt will say anything to anybody to get what he wants. The guy has no principles. Mitt Romney Talks Guns On Meet The Press - YouTube

Say what you want about Obama but he hasn't done jack squat where it comes to the 2A.

Say what you want about Obama but he hasn't done jack squat where it comes to the 2A.

That you are aware of. Or would even admit to. Then again there is always the 2nd term unlikly(the 2nd term that is) but if? Nothing like those behind the congress scenes of tyranny. Romney will never be that unconstitutional period more moderate lib like maybe but you guys have had your 4 yrs of distruction of American time for a regime change its just not about guns anyway except on this forum.

That you are aware of. Or would even admit to. Then again there is always the 2nd term unlikly(the 2nd term that is) but if? Nothing like those behind the congress scenes of tyranny. Romney will never be that unconstitutional period more moderate lib like maybe but you guys have had your 4 yrs of distruction of American time for a regime change its just not about guns anyway except on this forum.

Your run-on sentence structure sure makes it hard to decipher what in the world you are talking about.

By all means make me aware of what Obama has done on guns since being POTUS. I would rather go with someone who was negative towards the 2A issue but has done nothing to limit that freedom than support someone who panders to the 2A crowd but has a history of actions that run counter to his so-called "support" of the 2A.

You vote for the pandering, severely Conservative, robot. No way he's getting my vote.

Nobody is really worried about our 2A rights with Romney as the Republican controlled congress will keep him in line Just like the Liberal controlled congress gave obama what he wanted. The difference is senate and the house will not be walking in lockstep with a moderate prez Romney. But hey good try on the scare tactic after all us republican always vote for our prez on a single item issue. NOT

Think about that for just a second. When Obama had a Democratic Congress to back him did he do ANYTHING to attack the 2A?

The answer is nothing.

You have evidently been sleeping at the wheel.
He's directed the State Dept. to do a 180 on the proposed Small Arms Trade treaty,, supporting that pact when for the past several years, under Bush, the U.S. position was opposed. And he made Hillary Clinton, an avowed anti-gunner, Secretary of State.
He appointed Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court. She's a liberal anti-gunner
He appointed Elena Kagan to the U.S. Supreme Court. She's a liberal anti-gunner
He has appointed several liberal judges to the lower federal courts, where many gun law challenges will be decided, not simply heard (SCOTUS may not accept these cases for review)

He appointed Eric Holder, an avowed anti-gunner, to the Attorney General's position, and under Holder, the ATF launched Operation Fast & Furious

Far too many people simply do not understand that Obama can do a lot of stuff that is anti-gun that simply goes under their personal radar. That doesn't necessarily make them stupid, but only a little gullible. What might Kagan and/or Sotomayor do on the court for the next, say, 20 years? What might those Obama judges do to gun rights questions for 20-30 years?
Those appointments are lifetime appointments. And we'll be stuck with those people.

So please, don't suggest for a heartbeat that Obama hasn't done "jack squat" when it comes to the 2A. Some might argue that he squatted all over it, and folks like you didn't even see it.

In addition to Dave's list I would add:
His refusal to allow thousands of M1 Garands and carbines to come home from Korea.
Then there's his ATF attempt to outlaw imported semi-auto shotguns like Saigas.
His requirement for restrictions on long gun sales in the southern border states.
His choice of anti-gun zealot Andrew Traver to head up the ATF.

And you lefties think that in addition to his SCOTUS appointments he should get another chance to push these things through?
We haven't even gotten to the bottom of Fast and Furious yet!

In addition to Dave's list I would add:
His refusal to allow thousands of M1 Garands and carbines to come home from Korea.
Then there's his ATF attempt to outlaw imported semi-auto shotguns like Saigas.
His requirement for restrictions on long gun sales in the southern border states.
His choice of anti-gun zealot Andrew Traver to head up the ATF.

And you lefties think that in addition to his SCOTUS appointments he should get another chance to push these things through?
We haven't even gotten to the bottom of Fast and Furious yet!

Bravo!
I overlooked those. Good to have someone dependable on my six
:s0155:

Bravo!
I overlooked those. Good to have someone dependable on my six
:s0155:
Always Dave! ;) Gawd knows you've gone to bat for us more times than I can count.

Then there's these ACTIONS he has taken in his efforts to restrict 2ndA freedom(s):

Obama's Anti Gun Rights Record | LearnAboutGuns.com*

Obama's Anti-gun Record
Complete with FactCheck.org's roll call votes etc.

How about his efforts as a legal representative for The Joyce Foundation?
His efforts to quell expanded state gun freedoms like Wyoming's and Tennessee's freedom from ATF restrictions within their own borders?

Do the left leaning gun owners just ignore these?

Banning semi auto guns with a permanent state ban is by no means "moderate".. you people are grasping at straws. The fix is in and we the people are suckers for continually falling for this

Off topic but Romney also signed some pretty liberal crud laws like homosexual marriage legalization.. there is no way I am ever voting for him for dogcatcher. Stray dogs deserve better

You have evidently been sleeping at the wheel.
He's directed the State Dept. to do a 180 on the proposed Small Arms Trade treaty,, supporting that pact when for the past several years, under Bush, the U.S. position was opposed. And he made Hillary Clinton, an avowed anti-gunner, Secretary of State.
He appointed Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court. She's a liberal anti-gunner
He appointed Elena Kagan to the U.S. Supreme Court. She's a liberal anti-gunner
He has appointed several liberal judges to the lower federal courts, where many gun law challenges will be decided, not simply heard (SCOTUS may not accept these cases for review)

He appointed Eric Holder, an avowed anti-gunner, to the Attorney General's position, and under Holder, the ATF launched Operation Fast & Furious

Far too many people simply do not understand that Obama can do a lot of stuff that is anti-gun that simply goes under their personal radar. That doesn't necessarily make them stupid, but only a little gullible. What might Kagan and/or Sotomayor do on the court for the next, say, 20 years? What might those Obama judges do to gun rights questions for 20-30 years?
Those appointments are lifetime appointments. And we'll be stuck with those people.

So please, don't suggest for a heartbeat that Obama hasn't done "jack squat" when it comes to the 2A. Some might argue that he squatted all over it, and folks like you didn't even see it.

Just humor me - what laws against the 2nd amendment has Obama enacted during his term as president? To my knowledge none.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads