JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just because every person, that you encountered (which therefore makes this anecdotal, not empirical), who went on to use heroin/etc. started with marijuana doesn't mean every person who uses marijuana goes on to use heroin.

That is like saying every person who ever murdered someone with a gun first had possession of a gun, so therefore every person who possesses a gun will go on to murder someone. :rolleyes:

What you seem to be asserting is that every marijuana smoker will go on to use more harmful drugs. I know from my anecdotal experience that this is not true - I know of a number of people who did not use any drugs more harmful than marijuana. I also know people who never used marijuana that have used more harmful drugs. I have an ex-wife who abuses prescription drugs - which are abused by more people than illicit drugs.

More people die from lung cancer caused by tobacco than by use of illicit drugs.

I am in no way advocating abusing drugs, I think it is stupid, harmful and a waste of potential.

However, I do believe in freedom - each adult can make their own choices about what to put into their body. Arresting them and putting them in prison for possession/use of illicit drugs not only is a waste of time, it is an infringement of their rights. They may be stupid and foolish for abusing drugs, but that is their right.

Last Edited:
Might I suggest that we get back on the topic of stolen stuff? While I agree that a good portion of theft does occur based on the junkies, etc. do we really need to turn this into an argument about drug use?

Let's just hope the stolen items are recovered and the thief gets the appropriate punishment - be that a prison stint with a cell mate that pimps him/her out or their next "fix" sends them on a permanent bad trip. Heck, maybe they will get hit by a car, get amnesia, and become a good stand up citizen - it is a stretch but who knows...

Might I suggest that we get back on the topic of stolen stuff? While I agree that a good portion of theft does occur based on the junkies, etc. do we really need to turn this into an argument about drug use?

Let's just hope the stolen items are recovered and the thief gets the appropriate punishment - be that a prison stint with a cell mate that pimps him/her out or their next "fix" sends them on a permanent bad trip. Heck, maybe they will get hit by a car, get amnesia, and become a good stand up citizen - it is a stretch but who knows...

You might feel a bit different about meth freaks if you had 20K in music wood stolen off your land

That is your opinion, and you are allowed it.

Mine, is not Opinion, it comes from having Worked in Drug & Alcohol therapy for thirty years... And seen First Hand... The devistation.

Maybe a few that you know, did not go on to worse drugs... But Every Single Person I know, that has kicked Heroin, Opiates, Meth, or Halucinogenics started with Reefer.

And before reefer they drank soda, coffee, tea, probably smoked cigarettes, and used alcohol. So where do you want to start

You forgot to mention drank water, breathed air and bit their fingernails.
Lots of soda, coffee and tea drinking cigar smokers getting high in your neighborhood?

"So where do you want to start"
How 'bout...all their parents had sex at least once? or...Once there was a tiny spec of matter called a singularity ... and it exploded with a Big Bang!

Misplaced blame for substance abuse is one of the first things addicts need to come to grips with while in rehab.

But, if one thinks the solution to a serious national "drunk" problem is to add a "stoned" problem, there's not much anyone can say to talk them down. If you believe hitting your hand with a hammer makes the toothache go away it's not up to me to change your mind.
At least with alcohol, a designated driver won't be driving under the influence of a contact drunk...booze requires a decision to drink then drive, not merely attending a concert or party and breathing.

Nope. The trailer was not insured ( In Washington if the trailer is hooked to a vehicle the vehicle insurance covers it for liability) I have 6 trailers, It would cost $600 a year to insure them all for theft. If I only have one stolen every 10 years its cheaper than insurance :)

Hey it's a free country (more or less, for the time being, depending on who you ask)..and if you want to think that people are stealing trailers to feed their 10 cup a day tea habits because they can't hold a job due to always getting caught with tea on their breath at work...fine by me.

If you have no idea of the difference in use and level between soda, coffee, tea and cigars... and marijuana, hash, heroin.... I really should warn you...the guy trying to sell you shares in "Mozambique's Famous Gold- Pooping Unicorn Ranch" really doesn't have your best interests in mind.

Albin25, I like your sense of humor, a bit twisted, like my right little pinkie, the one that never gets straightened out, cause of Permanent Damage...

That feller from the Mozambique Gold Pooping Unicorn Ranch...

He used to sell the Mountain Real Estate, in the Florida Everglades, but the Alligators told him they couldn't climb Mountains in their Alligator Boots!!!

:rolleyes:

philip

No leads, no trailer, no real hope.

Sorry about that loss MM, it SUX, any way you cut it. I can recall Each & Every B&E, theft, borrowed & left the country with it... That has happened to me, for the last Forty Plus years... Earlier than that, I don't recall any thieves around the area....

But the Back Hoe business was ~top notch~ reasonable rates, for which, I never understood, ~then~

philip

And each one... Plain SUX.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews