JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always give my general meeting area in my ads. What amazes me are the number of folks that either miss that or completely ignore it - "you can meet me in Bend, right?" Got that one a few months ago after I clearly identified the Portland area as my meeting location in the ad.

Maybe price and Zip code fields that have to be filled before ad will post?? Zip code shouldn't be too invasive, and you can still wear the tinfoil hat.:)

My profile says I live in Oregon and I'm not going to change it, to a more specific location. If I have something for sale, I put a general meeting location like, Portland/Salem area. Other than that, no other information is given by me in my for sale ads.

These precautions aren't to keep perspective buyers from knowing information, it's to protect me from the lurker's prying eyes. Actual meeting place is only discussed in a PM.

I disagree that our actual location should be put in a for sale ad. Sorry but that isn't going to happen on my end. You want to know more, ask questions, otherwise it's none of your business.

My request was not actual location in profile OR actual location in ad. Might want to re-read post number one.

General-Near-Proximity....:rolleyes:

"Portland area, Bend, Southern Oregon, Idaho" Doesn't seem like too much to ask.

All kidding aside, I dont list it on my profile but I do put a city where I want to meet in he listing. However I dont feel that put out if I have to send a PM and ask specifically where the seller is. If they dont want to share where they are, no problem. Deal is done. If they are that worried about it something is fishy and life goes on.

People are funny about things. Those people who are funny about it the worst thing you can do is try to back them into a corner and make them do something they dont want. Rather than listing a specific location they are more likely to just list nothing for sale on the forum

Sorry guys, for some reason I overlooked this.

We highly suggest people include a location in their ads, as it's really in their best interest to do so for a quick sale. However, if someone doesn't feel comfortable for whatever reason, and to their own detriment, I see no reason to require them to do so.

It might not seem like it sometimes, but I try to keep the rules around here to a minimum :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top