JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Attention all mass killers! Patrons of this theater have all been disarmed for your convenience.
<broken link removed>
watched "The Gift" at Regal Cinemas at Valley River Center. She said an employee checked everyone's bags, specifically for weapons.

"Before you get concessions, as they're taking your tickets, they checked your bags. They were looking for weapons and just trying to keep everyone safe with the recent shootings,"

With the recent violence including the man armed with a hatchet and a pellet gun, unleashing a can of pepper spray inside a theater in Tennessee, and the deadly shooting last month at a movie theater in Louisiana, most moviegoers say they are willing to give up a little privacy for safety.

"I think they should do it. We're just sitting ducks in there. There's kids in there," said moviegoer Steve Baldwin.

These people are not thinking logical!!!!

The comments section has a few people that aren't stupid enough to swallow the line,
"most moviegoers say they are willing to give up a little privacy for safety."

I'd also like to ask the so called reporter and KEZI, how does she know what most movie goers are willing to do?!?

I don't Facebook so I can't comment. If you can, please callout KEZI's report as not being accurate or even trying to get someone else to comment who thought it was stupid to search bags!

Are they doing pat down searches of all patrons. How many men, and most of these shooters have been men, carry bags with them? They may find a ar handgun in a bag but I could have 2 or 3 handguns on my waistband and do a lot of damage.

This is asinine. I don't do movie theaters very often but my wife and kids do. I'm gonna try and get them to go to another theater next time.
Let others line up, be willingly searched and disarmed then herded into the dark room hoping the next medicated shooter decides to put his weapon into a bag.

Well the scenario will most likely be the first one to get shot or chopped up will be that person that is "checking" for weapons, and they won't even know it is coming. I do not know how people can actually be that ignorant :(
They are making sire that no good guy with a gun will be there to stop a bad guy with a gun.
Baboons have more intelligence than the anti gun human.

Yep, sheep LOVE to relinquish freedom for Sudha security. What idiots.
Id ask for my money back and tell the manager their bigoted actions against the law abiding has lost my business, and I see a LOT of movies and yes, even drop big money on those over priced concession.

Damn, with cable these days.. Id rather pay a little extra to rent it at home and keep my rifle by my side and a pistol on my hip, sip on some tequila and eat some ribs.

yea, just wait a few months for the movie to come on DVD or Blu-Ray and be done with it. Unfortunately for my gift of deafness, I need to use caption glasses, and only Regal Cinemas offer them locally, the smaller theaters do NOT....but then again, I am okay with waiting a few months rather than dropping $10 or so at a time for a movie that I probably would enjoy more at home.

As for the weapon thing, I believe it is the corporate policy of Regal Cinemas to disallow any and all forms of armament by the citizens who are customers.

EDIT" yup there's a few threads on this on this forum about Regal Cinemas' anti-gun policy., even a Yelp review stating that they do NOT welcome legal CHL/CCW carriers at their theaters.

http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-regal-cinemas/

IIRC, one or more of the theater shooters went to the movie, then went out through an exit, propped the exit door open, then came back in through the exit door, with the weapons retrieved from their vehicle.

All this does, as others have noted, is ensure that the women in the theaters are unarmed unless they carry on their body like most men do.

Also, movie theaters have searched bags for some time for drinks and food - they want you to buy their overpriced crap food instead of bringing your own.

There you go. I just saved everyone a million bucks. Yer welcome.

punch-and-judy-snap.gif

All other things aside, if they are checking bags, are they providing armed security in the theaters?

Federal buildings, schools and other places where you can't take a firearm all provide at least some form of armed protection for the patrons.

We're done with theaters for now. Just too risky, and I don't appreciate being frisked to go into what amounts to a public place. I'll spend my money, and my time, elsewhere. And, quite honestly, it doesn't feel like we're really losing anything - the theater experience has been going downhill for years.

Screw Regal - there is absolutely no way they can stop one of these attacks by digging through bags. Hell, what the f#&k would they do if little 17-year old Jimmy making minimum wage opens a bag and finds an AK pistol inside? What kind of training does he have to stop someone with a weapon? And honestly, who thinks that this would actually stop someone who is intent on causing harm? Theaters are a bad place to be right now.

Comments section:
Austin
If it's concealed and you have a CHL you should be good, all they can do is ask you to leave if by some rare chance they happen to see it.

Thea
because those intending harm carry in their shopping bags.

Christie
Funny, so where do men carry their weapon if they aren't carrying a purse or bag !?
This doesn't make sense.

Tyson
Soft target alert, soft target alert!!!

James Carr
It is an illusion of security.
It is too easy to avoid the ticket person and just walk in with a weapon.

Last movie I saw in the theater was American Sniper. Wanted that one on the big screen.
Nothing showing that I cannot wait to appear on Redbox or Netflix.
Nor do I care to mortgage the house in order to pay for entertainment.
My spare change, albeit not much lately, goes into ammunition.

Comments section:
Austin
If it's concealed and you have a CHL you should be good, all they can do is ask you to leave if by some rare chance they happen to see it.

Thea
because those intending harm carry in their shopping bags.

Christie
Funny, so where do men carry their weapon if they aren't carrying a purse or bag !?
This doesn't make sense.

Tyson
Soft target alert, soft target alert!!!

James Carr
It is an illusion of security.
It is too easy to avoid the ticket person and just walk in with a weapon.

Disappointed on lack of comments but the gist was all except a couple thought it was BS to search.
I went to the contact us link and complained that the story was biased and inaccurate.
The reporter stated it like it was a fact that,
"most moviegoers say they are willing to give up a little privacy for safety.".

Kezi Reporter Grace Lim is full of crap in my opinion!

Also I've given upon going to movies like many here because of cost, prefer to wait and watch at home in comfort etc.

But this kind of nonsense effects me still in the fact that these idiots are inviting more shootings by advertising that they try to ensure the moviegoers are unarmed!
At least the women who carry in their purses anyway!
This leads to more of the low information voting public on board with more gun restrictions.

This is asinine. I don't do movie theaters very often but my wife and kids do. I'm gonna try and get them to go to another theater next time.
Let others line up, be willingly searched and disarmed then herded into the dark room hoping the next medicated shooter decides to put his weapon into a bag.

We wait until they come out on Netflix. But most folks just have to see them when they come out for reasons I'll never know why.....
I'm a cheap ole bastage & their popcorn sucks!!!!:p:p:p:p And BTW, they are cracking down on people like me who brought their own food & beverages, don't be fooled by their antics of safety....

I will punch anyone (except the wife) who touches my junk!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads