Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Local source for Sig 522 mags?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by djm68, Apr 22, 2010.

1. djm68

djm68 Portland, OR Member

My buddy and I are planning a trip to the sticks to play with some new toys -- one new toy being my Sig 522. I do not have time to order mags online -- any idea if there are local shops/dealers that might have stock on these mags?

Thanks,
    DJM

2. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

Jc wepon's, or keith's that's the only place i know, jason is a good guy, at jc, just dont jerk him around.

3. djm68

I know JC -- I bought my 522 from him in-fact. As you say, he is quite cool. Unfortunately, he is out of mags, so I will give Keiths a call.

Thanks,
    DJM

4. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

if keith doe'nt have them which is rare, also try gunbroker in clack, they might

5. djm68

Thanks -- will give them a ring if Keiths is out.

DJM

6. JC Weaponry

JC Weaponry Newberg, OR Member

I have 100 incoming. 20.00 each for 1-5, and less in bulk.

7. djm68

Thanks Jason. Hoping to grab a few before the weekend for the 522's first time out...yours will be in next week though? I'll take 5 for sure.

Thanks,
    DJM

8. smithmax

smithmax here Member

I got some from Blackdog Machine, they were marked "brownells" and were $20.

I also recommend modding your mags to make them easier to load. You take the magazine apart (remove the red bottom slide out piece, remove the spring, and pull out the follower.) Then drill a small hole in the follower (I just drilled out the circle left from the molding process that's on the follower). Then drill another hole in the bottom of the mag. This allows you to tie a shoelace or other cord to the follower and pass it through the bottom of the mag. I found these mags to be a pain to load, but this makes it much easier.

I neglected to take more pics during the process, but here is the end result.

IMG_0044.jpg