Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Local places for gun safes?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bwells, Jan 31, 2011.

1. bwells

bwells Longview Member

Hey everybody. Haven't been here in awhile. I started a new job in Hillsboro a couple months ago, and I'm in the process of moving down here. I finally decided that I need to get a safe, but I'm not sure where to look locally.

I'm going shopping tomorrow, and figured I'd try Dicks in Hillsboro.

I think I'll try and get over to Bi-Mart too. Is there some sort of annual membership there? Is it worth it?

I think I can get pretty cheap Costco membership through my work, so I'll probably try there as well.

Any other places to look?

TIA

2. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

got mine at northwest armory.

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

You close enough to Hubbard, I'd take a quick run down to the Liberty Safe Outlet in Hubbard. A buddy of mine bough two safes there on the same day. Great pricing and service.

Liberty Safes of Oregon

4. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I bought a Liberty Safe at Coastal Farm & Ranch. I bought mine on a Black Friday sale several years ago, but every time I'm in there they have a very nice selection of safes.
    I've seen them at Fisherman's also, but I've not checked prices since I bought one.

Bi-Mart has a one time membership fee of $5. It's well worth it.

5. HankDiesel

HankDiesel Oregon Member

I got mine from mountain view safe co...seemed to be the best priced around for the quality of safe...

6. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

Costco also has gun safes, as well as most gun shows.

7. bwells

bwells Longview Member

Cool. Thanks for the info. I did a little looking today. I'm trying to find something that will hold about 8 long guns for now. Eventually I want something bigger, but for now I'm living in an apartment and I'm hoping to move by the end of the year. I found this one at Bob's in Longview:

http://www.amsecusa.com/Gun_Safes/TF_Series_Gun_Safes/

The small one is only about $450 and wouldn't be too difficult to move. Maybe not the most secure, but much better than nothing at all.