JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Without trying to sound like a $marta$$;..... wherever you can find it.

I have had some success find it sometimes a BiMart, other times at Sportsmans, and still other times at Cabelas.. It just kind of depends on what you're looking for and what delivery truck rolls into which outlet when. The good news is that powder IS showing up here and there again:cool:

I don't know about the Sportsman Warehouse in Portland, but the one off of 185 th. has a good selection of powder. If you don't mind waiting, Powder Valley Inc. is well stocked.

As stated.

Bi-Mart usually has rifle powder
Cabela's has be decently stocked recently (I haven't seen any Alliant pistol powder).
Curt's seems stocked, even had BE-86
Powder Valley (order enough to cover HAZMAT).

I am new to reloading and I am gathering a list of places to check.

I picked up some WSF at Cabelas since there was some load data for it in 9 and 45. I also picked up the last two pounds of Hodgdon CFE Pistol.

I was looking for W231 or Alliant - Bullseye but couldn't find any.

Thanks for the information all-

Last Edited:
I was looking for W231 or Alliant - Bullseye but couldn't find any.

These are two very popular and useful powders that are also very hard to find. I have seen Bullseye at the Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse on only one occasion. I looked regularly for two years before I found Hodgdon HP-38 which is the same as Winchester 231.

The old advice to pick a powder then go buy it doesn't work well right now. Do like you've been doing and pick up what you can find that will work in your firearms. One tip is to use your cellphone to take pictures of your load data to carry with you when powder shopping, or make photocopies if you're old school.

I decided to start reloading during the middle of the powder shortage......I do not want to pay Hazmat fees so I look regularly and pick up powders that I "think" I may need OR could use down the road as trading stock. I guess for me I've allocated extra funds to foster the inner hoarder in me when it comes to powder. I haven't started handloading pistol yet, but I've picked up 2 pounds of power pistol, a pound of 2400, a pound of bullseye and a pound of W-231 in the last couple months.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews