JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody local who does this either as a business or on the side? I've got say 3 to 5000 rounds that I'd like to get processed.. If not local who's used somebody national that does a good job trimming to a consistent length. I typically go 1.755 but it's a pretty slow process with the RCBS manual trimmer. I've not heard anything real good yet about the more automatic versions related to trim length. Any other ideas are welcome..

So far I like all aspects of reloading except the trimming when it takes a couple hours to shoot 100 rounds and multiple hours to trim them back to size..

Thanks

Try this, it almost makes it fun..... and Damm fast and accurate!!!
IMAG0889.jpg

The weather is so crappy there's not much else to do! Me, I hate doing military primer pockets.
Are these military or what?
Just put the Hickok45 radio shows on in the background, buckle down and plug away a bit a day.. lol.

Mine is called a pocket knife.:D
Lol, I use a tiny sheepsfoot blade too. Fast and done.
I had a RCBS pocket swager years ago.. never really liked it with 30-06 and 7.62x51..
When you get that swager don't just do the whole huge batch at once of course. Make sure it's actually doing what you want it to do.. you can also destroy brass (they can deform the head such that they won't chamber) with those if you get overzealous and want primers to go in nice. lol

I do it one at a time. Retired old fart in Oregon City. Resize, remove crimp, trim, deburr flash hole, and tumble.
I even can make 300 Blackout as I have the jig and cut off saw. If you are not in a big hurry I'll do it for you. Sounds like we might even be close.

Don't forget the Lee case trimmer.
Everyone has a cordless drill.. just chuck up the case holder got trimming/chamfering and it goes amazingly fast. No one does it by hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BB6M6XU85Uo
I have the Lee and the Lyman. Lymen is better and about the same cost. Lee 300 Blackout trimmer ruined some brass, not a lot because I always check eveny ten or so. Heat treat left the tip soft and it flattened causing short cases.

I do it one at a time. Retired old fart in Oregon City. Resize, remove crimp, trim, deburr flash hole, and tumble.
I even can make 300 Blackout as I have the jig and cut off saw. If you are not in a big hurry I'll do it for you. Sounds like we might even be close.
You don't do anything/a stage by "batch"? interesting
Sometimes I wonder of the existence of or if people that own manual turret presses actually load a cartridge all the way through or batch them.. with a lame wobbly C press.

I have the Lee and the Lyman. Lymen is better and about the same cost. Lee 300 Blackout trimmer ruined some brass, not a lot because I always check eveny ten or so. Heat treat left the tip soft and it flattened causing short cases.

Scott
Either your personal security is high or I'm having issues but I get an error message when I try to PM you. If interested PM me and we can discuss options/terms. I may be interested in that 300 blackout conversion on a thousand or two also...

You don't do anything/a stage by "batch"? interesting
Sometimes I wonder of the existence of or if people that own manual turret presses actually load a cartridge all the way through or batch them.. with a lame wobbly C press.
Mayby I was not clear. Yes I batch, a hundred ar a time or more expending on on how I fell at the moment. I load on a Rockchucker but sometimes set up another press aling side.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top