JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at where you're located I would suggest Firearms Academy of Seattle, Inc. 360-978-6100. You do get Massad Ayoob and Rob Pincas coming to guest teach at FAS. Not sure who you mean by big guys, but I find both of them leaders in the training field.

+1 Marty and Gila are great people to learn and train with. Took LFI-1 at FAS from Massad Ayoob and Marty a few years ago its was great training. You can get FAS versions when Ayoob is not in for a special session and its all great training.

RE Threat Dynamics: Video games and paper targets don't shot back at Threat Dynamics the scenarios do!

FYI... Threat Dynamics has been used by the US Military, local LE/ SWAT, FBI, CIA, DEA to mention a few, but maybe you are more advanced than them? I know they would argue the "video game comment".

RE Threat Dynamics: Video games and paper targets don't shot back at Threat Dynamics the scenarios do!

FYI... Threat Dynamics has been used by the US Military, local LE/ SWAT, FBI, CIA, DEA to mention a few, but maybe you are more advanced than them? I know they would argue the "video game comment".

I had Ryan from Threat Dynamics in a class on Saturday and went and checked out Threat Dynamics yesterday. 10/24

For the video game comment, really? I have never had a video game cause a startle flinch, auditory exclusion, raised acuity in the center of my field of vision. Last but not least I have never had a video game shock me with 5000 volts as I got shot.

Is Threat Dynamics the only training some one needs? No, but it's a great way to see if you're training for the right things and if your training is really going to work during a dynamic critical incident.

When your training will mean your life and perhaps your family's, its just a no-brainer to get the best available.

T-Ranch is my recommendation. Although I have yet to attend Clint's facility, I have yet to hear a student of Thunder Ranch say anything bad about the instruction there.

I cannot say the same at all about Firearms Academy of Seattle (!) or Oregon Firearms Academy. I have personally had bad experiences with both as well.

Sorry, I know it's an older thread, but. Why did you have bad experiences with the two schools? Tell us your experience so we will all know what to look out for. Thanks.

Peter

where is the best place to train locally in the NW? Looking for rifle and pistol training. It doesn't seem the big guys come up here to often.
Hey guys there is a large outfit out of the salem and surrounding areas that does everything from CQB and NAV to night vision training and anything in between. Went to a tac1 class and was blown away. Super cool people have several locations 24-150 acres. They do 3 gun and all kinds of senario shoots!

FB@titantacticalforgingwarriors
Phone 503-779-8541

Hey guys there is a large outfit out of the salem and surrounding areas that does everything from CQB and NAV to night vision training and anything in between. Went to a tac1 class and was blown away. Super cool people have several locations 24-150 acres. They do 3 gun and all kinds of senario shoots!

Phone 503-779-8541
I tried to find some more comprehensive information on this group using the "Titanic Tactical Forging Warriors" in their email address.

Not that I would judge the quality of training by a web site, or lack of one, but can you direct to any course description or reviews?

Thank you,

I tried to find some more comprehensive information on this group using the "Titanic Tactical Forging Warriors" in their email address.

Not that I would judge the quality of training by a web site, or lack of one, but can you direct to any course description or reviews?

Thank you,
I have a card, perhaps they can answer more questions but i can tell you the range is very impressive!!!

BC215517-789C-44F6-A9AA-7C3823EDFD11.jpeg

Phone 503-779-8541
Sorry, what do you mean by large outfit. Like they have a lot of instructors? A big facility?

I looked at their Facebook and there's nothing there but one video of a dude shooting some sort of drill without explanation, with an oddly equipped rifle (acog, offset red dot, vertical grip, and bipod). 22 likes on the Facebook page. And there were some pictures of, I guess the instructors gear, again oddly equipped, including a SERPA holster attached to a chest rig, of all things.

No background of the instructor cadre. Large outfit?

While none of these things mean anything in isolation, all together not very confidence inspiring. Especially when there are well known schools and instructors close by ( e.g. Cerberus, among others)

What am I missing?

Well i shouldnt speak for them, but i know they were private and only recently started taking non service people. As far as the range it was huge with multiple ranges on site, really cool tactical range out there and shoot house built by an old Korean war vet. Have moving targets and a huge foot course with ambush targets over a 1/4 mile on foot, i can only speak to the 2 courses I took but there was a lot going on out there. As for the pictures or videos I couldn't say maybe just storing the holster there or some other purpose. Could be anything i guess so wouldn't read into it. I was just sharing my excitement from my time out there, guess they do a nav class I'm considering that down the road

Well i shouldnt speak for them, but i know they were private and only recently started taking non service people. As far as the range it was huge with multiple ranges on site, really cool tactical range out there and shoot house built by an old Korean war vet. Have moving targets and a huge foot course with ambush targets over a 1/4 mile on foot, i can only speak to the 2 courses I took but there was a lot going on out there. As for the pictures or videos I couldn't say maybe just storing the holster there or some other purpose. Could be anything i guess so wouldn't read into it. I was just sharing my excitement from my time out there, guess they do a nav class I'm considering that down the road
Just curious, although you say you cant speak for them or associated with them, why do you happen to have the same user name as the site you have promoted all over NWFA?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top