JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd be interested and could probably find a couple of buddies who would also like to join. How should we initiate setting it up? Thanks.

The first thing would be finding a "range." Optimally, we'd want a 100 yard area of relatively flat ground, preferably soft, with berms on 3 sides. Then it's just a matter of picking a date.

ANYONE WILLING OR INTERESTED I SET UP AN E-MAIL [email protected] SEND YOUR CONTACT INFO If nothing else it would be good to have a way to contact people that would truly be interested in doing this, training, cacheing, ect.....
I'd be interested and could probably find a couple of buddies who would also like to join. How should we initiate setting it up? Thanks.

Militia, requires absolute trust. Why this sounds like a great idea. There are inherit problem with such ideas.
And within gun owners like us lets face it there are many Alphas like me. And why this idea is all good and everything. Why would I trust other self preserving Alphas? Within this thread alone there is a degree of position jockeying and it is just and idea. A Militia is not bound by honor like when I served, so lets grip our side arms and realize the bigger a Militia is the more others will want to lead. I trust very few people and organized people even less. Not for paranoia, but simple mathematics the more people the more chance on a nut in the bunch.
You know they guy who looks down the barrel to see if a bullet is lodged? Or thinks a concealed weapon permit makes them the law. Militia, bad idea ? No....... umm,Good Idea.......umm no ! Tread lightly and walk slowly on this one boys as whoopy is in the bushes ! :cool: Good Luck !!
Exactly the more people on the more chance, so grow a pair, you say your "alpha" then LEAD!!! And your wrong a Militia is bound by honor, thats about all it is bound on......

Its weird. It sounds like some people here are scared just to get organized . . .

Divide and conquer is the enemies job ;)

I think it may be along the lines of: some people here don't necessarily trust others immediately when it comes to face to face meeting.
I'm actually just guessing...

Otherwise, I think it is a fine idea.

Prevent it from happening by making sure the truth is documented...there are many ways to do this especially now.
Inform people rather then keep it in secret look at how many utube channels there are that have thousands of like minded gun owners. Look at how many records have been set this year with gun ownership, this do nothing attitude and fear is unwarranted.

Better plan farther ahead than YouTube to cover your rear, who do you think controls that?
Besides, plenty of truth has been documented, and has been completely spun by the media and govt. agencies, and as such, is labeled "conspiracy theory" and is ignored by a majority of the people. (think "Ruby Ridge", "Waco TX", 9/11 for examples)
If you are serious about joining "a" Militia, go for it, just remember that it will qualify you time in Cuba under the Patriot Act (thank you Bush, and If Obama is so awesome why has he not repealed such Constitutional heresy?).
Im not saying you shouldn't, Im just identifying the "costs" and potential problems associated with such a plan.
On a brighter note, you only need 3% of the population behind you to make a significant change.

I know I've personally thought about organizing something like this with my neighbors (and within the law) along the lines of like a neighborhood watch, but again I wanted to check the relevant laws, the goal in my mind was a well protected law-abiding neighborhood, heck I thought if more neighborhoods organize this way it would make the police's job a lot easier.

No i'm talking laws like ruby ridges white supremacist planning illegal actions against the government and sawing off a shotgun, or Waco child molester with full autos and explosives off the books.

A group of people that got together to shoot or train tactics and not talking about a revolution, for having, making, to talking about making anything illegal should be OK. Hell there are a million classes you can take to do that. I would plan and talk about everything under the assumption that a fed has infiltrated the group. It short make sure there is nothing to see here and keep everything on the up and up.

A group of people that got together to shoot or train tactics and not talking about a revolution, for having, making, to talking about making anything illegal should be OK.

I wish everyone would do that, just get some kind of shooting or tactics training and just "be ready", whether you ever need it for self/home defense or whether you are a gun fan or not, basic knowledge and readiness is important, it's good for this nation.

(tin foil hat on)

Personally I would form a nature group for group hikes, maybe join a recreational shooting club, perhaps a separate paintball or airsoft club, neighborhood watch, cert class, wilderness first aid... If they all happened to have the same members but different people presiding over each thing, emails and organization from different people for each activity if might keep your profile a bit lower than forming a full blow militia.

(tin foil hat off)

From a practical perspective the militia concept is kinda out dated, your not going to survive a symmetrical war against a standing army. An invasion of the USA would require a foreign military to establish a solid "beach head" in which case the U.S. military has sustained a major defeat which means you are way way way out classed. Or in the case of civil war it would require a major split with in our own armed forces to really be practical in which case you are going to be pretty seriously out classed again. Your only chance would be to operate as a closed cell mostly running sabotage ops.... Which really is just kinda stupid and unrealistic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top