JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this American enough for you nay-sayers? View attachment 838555

I regret to write that Mr Blobby there is a full-blooded British person, whose image has been all over the UK Airsoft media for years. Regard, if you will, that 'commie-looking' primitive-style MG being toted by the person behind him....IOW, the FN MAG, called by us the GPMG, designed and produced by Fabrique Nationale and sold all over the world, even to, gulp, the US of A.

I regret to write that Mr Blobby there is a full-blooded British person, whose image has been all over the UK Airsoft media for years. Regard, if you will, that 'commie-looking' primitive-style MG being toted by the person behind him....IOW, the FN MAG, called by us the GPMG, designed and produced by Fabrique Nationale and sold all over the world, even to, gulp, the US of A.

We have our share of Gravy Seals.

This is what I think of when I hear 'commie look' !

View attachment 838550

Or...

Paulina Porizkova
740full-paulina-porizkova.jpg

Milla Jovovich
ich-at-84th-Annual-Academy-Awards-in-Los-Angeles-9.jpg

I completely disassembled it and sent the parts to be blued to Ford's where they blasted the poly coat down to bare metal then took it to a high polish and finished it with their highest blue finish. It was originally a CZ Custom Accu Shadow and I've done a little more tuning and detail work myself.
Is the finish impervious to drool?? :p

Sir, you wrote -

3) "What if he's correct? The CZ75 is, after all, a soviet-bloc produced firearm, which is not exactly known for producing high-quality and finely-machined firearms."

I'd just like to add a few points of my own, and from my own experience.

Czech engineers were and still are, renowned for in novation and inventiveness at all levels.

A Czech automotive engineer invented the constant-velocity joint, from that we get every single front wheel drive car ever built except the Cord.

A Czech automotive committee designed the world's first air-cooled V-8 car engine, the famous Tatra.

A Czech truck company invented the oval tube 'backbone' - the famous Tatra 800-series of trucks.

A Czech engineer invented the device that converted the little 6-pounder anti-tank gun into a real tank-killer with his 'Littlejohn' muzzle adaptor.

A bunch of Czechs developed what must surely be THE most famous light machine gun on the planet not designed by a Russian - the gun that ended up as the BREN, adopted in many different calibres by many nations.

The Skoda Armaments factories have been producing quality and innovative field artillery since the mid-1800's.

I could go on, but you get the idea - Wikipedia has fifteen pages of Czech inventions and discoveries that changed the world of medicine and forensic science, including blood-typing and finger-printing and plastic surgery.

They did ALL these things before they EVER became part of the Warsaw Pact.

I would love to make a Tatra Mad Max rig, such an amazing vehicle.

Reply to #152
I don't know what the point is here. I praised the engineering and workmanship of guns and the countries/cultures that show it. Did tac read my whole post? The Combloc ethos wasn't exactly obsessed with aesthetics and I expressed my high esteem for Czech guns.

My nomination for the gun that represents the Comblock "look":

1615128256500.png

And don't forget CZ produced motorcycles at one time!

Yup, world-class trials and moto-cross stuff. And don't forget Jawa - a forgotten motorcycle out of the forties and fifties. and the Skoda rear-engined car that everybody laffed at, until it started winning world-class rallies.

BTW , here is a VERY potted history of Skoda -

The Škoda Works (Czech: Škodovy závody) was one of the largest European industrial conglomerates of the 20th century, founded by Czech engineer Emil Škoda in 1859 in Plzeň, then in the Kingdom of Bohemia, Austrian Empire. It is the predecessor of today's Škoda Auto, Doosan Škoda Power and Škoda Transportation companies.

Basically, if you wanted to go anywhere, shoot anything, blow anything up with artillery, carry the ammunition to do it, and then drive over it with the tanks and SP artillery, Skoda were the boys to help you out. Hydro-electric power? Well, exports included castings, such as part of the piping for the Niagara Falls power plant or for the Suez Canal sluices as well as machinery for sugar mills in Turkey, breweries throughout Europe, and guns for the Far East and South America, some of which are listed here -
Mountain guns produced by Škoda
Other weapons produced by Škoda
And trains? LOTS of trains......
1615132952536.png
and street cars...
1615132983340.png
and so on..............you get the idea.

...and by the way, just under 90 Czechs and Slovaks escaped the nazis and made their way to England via France. Many of the Czechoslovak pilots had fled to France after Hitler's occupation of their country in March 1939 and had fought in the short Armée de L'Air in the Battle of France, gaining important combat experience. The rapid fall of France caused Czechoslovak soldiers and airmen to leave for Britain, where they established their own squadrons. Nearly 90 Czechoslovak pilots would fly in the Battle of Britain, with No. 310 and No. 312 (Czechoslovak) Squadrons, RAF, formed in the summer 1940 and operational during the battle.Some Czechs also served in other Fighter Command squadrons. Both Czechoslovak squadrons were equipped with Hurricanes.

Czechoslovak fighters earned a reputation for aggressive aerial combat and for skills and bravery. Together with Czechoslovak pilots serving in other RAF units, a total of 86 - 84 Czechs and 2 Slovaks - served, claiming almost 60 air kills. Nine pilots were killed. The top Czechoslovak ace was Sgt. Josef František, flying with No. 303 (Polish) Squadron, who claimed 17 confirmed kills, making him the highest scoring non-British pilot in the Battle of Britain.

Czechoslovak forces were financed by Czechoslovak government-in-exile through loan by Great Britain (Czechoslovak–British financial agreement).

1615132913953.png

Reply to #152
I don't know what the point is here. I praised the engineering and workmanship of guns and the countries/cultures that show it. Did tac read my whole post? The Combloc ethos wasn't exactly obsessed with aesthetics and I expressed my high esteem for Czech guns.

My nomination for the gun that represents the Comblock "look":

View attachment 838886
Ah, but 1891 was not com-bloc age yet. The commies inherited that design (and probably copied the Remington M-91s that were never paid for).

They are great guns, but they got that....LOOK. They even had to name a version of their rifles "American" to appeal to our more refined sensibilities! Fooled me twice on CZ 455 Americans, a CZ 452 American, and a curveball with my Dan Wesson. I will admit the first thing I do with a CZ 452/455 is buy parts to make it look less commie bloc, like replacing stamped parts with milled parts.

The CZ455-series of rifles was designed in 2007-2008. How 'Commie' is that?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR