JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The service you receive from Gun stores can vary drastically based on the part of town you are in. A lot of stores the employees customer service is horrible! I have to bite my tongue if there is something I really want and I know for certain they have it in-stock. Otherwise I just chuckle and walk out. Some of the local shops have ridiculous prices! I wanted a Glock 17 a few months back. I walk in see 3 people 2 employees per 1 person, so I already had a bad taste in my mouth. I walk up to the counter and ask can I see that Glock 17 Gen 4. I handle it then I see the price tag! $800 no night sights no extras. I literally say wow! I have a price range around 550-600 the employees proceed to tell me. " you won't ever find a Glock that cheap this is the standard rate" I politely thanked him for his time walked out. That was the start of my amazing journey with Northwestfirearms!!! I've also been to shops where they do no make eye contact and asking them to check if a product is in stock or just general information is like pulling teeth. Now I will always check private listing on NWFA before hitting up the big box stores! My philosophy if you don't have enough respect and patience for me to purchase an item in your establishment. I don't need to be contributing to your paycheck. I'm sure they have been busy since the start of the pandemic but that is your job. I hate rewarding terrible customer service! If you work in a gun store and do not have a passion for firearms or your extremely bias to every company besides the one you carry I think it is time for you to put those 2 weeks in.

Last Edited:
1) "Just because someone works somewhere, doesn't mean they are experts on what they sell, or have your best interest in mind. I do my own research, whether it's a gun, vehicle or ham sandwich."
BINGO!!! ***DING DING DING*** We have a winner!
Corollary: Don't buy the 1st production of anything unless you want it as a collector, or you want to help them with their beta testing.

2) "I think I'll send him a polite email Just so he knows."
Excellent idea! One bad experience should not negate what has up to now been satisfactory service. And he does need to know that this employee is spewing such tripe.

3) "What if he's correct? The CZ75 is, afterall, a soviet-bloc produced firearm, which is not exactly known for producing high-quality and finely-machined firearms."
How many East German Maks have you seen? I would say they compare quite favorably to Walther build quality, and the design itself is superior (IMHO of course). For EDC I would choose a Haenel Mak over a PP or PPK(S).
The CZ-52 was made during the dark days of the Warsaw Pact and the ones I have seen display excellent build quality as well as innovative design. The Warsaw Pact and other Marxist-affiliated nations included a polyglot of infrastructures and technologies. The countries that always had good workmanship seem to have kept it, and the guns made in Commie Mudholes kept their culturally incipient levels of craftsmanship too.

4) ""Opinions are like azzholes... Everybody has one." Including LGS.
So true. Chevy lovers say Ford sucks; HD lovers look down on saki suckers; Glock/1911/Sig fanbois say everything else sucks, ad infinitum. IMHO, some Glock lovers can be particularly egregious about this :eek:. Obviously the worldwide success of the Glock platform is an indicator that they suit a lot of peoples' needs and they have a good reputation for reliability. Most people don't care if they're as ugly as a mud fence.

5) "The actual facts are far too complex for them to fit into 43 minutes of run time so they portray what they want you to see... kinda like watching the news (l don't watch THAT anymore, either)."
Seems like the entire infotainment industry is just an agitprop outlet for the DNC.
I quit watching the news because it just pizzed me off and has a truth coefficient of < 0.

6) "If only I could remember everything to write the very long novel, "The Stupid Stuff I've Heard Said In Gun Shops"
Novels are fiction. It would be a documentary, or history.

7) "I also bought exactly one Kia, and that's my limit there as well."
My son's Kia blew the motor in the middle of nowhere. He bought a Ford Ranger.

8) "A CZ75 is probably the next step."
Good idea. You won't regret it.

Because now that we know the 9x19 is superior to the .45 acp it's all we have left.
.45 acp CZ97 > CZ75 (kidding!) CCC907A9-1A6D-41E7-862E-7CFEF571390A.png

Last Edited:
I found this thread because I was thinking about selling my stainless cz75b and wanted to check the market, but this got me thinking about how freaking awesome that single action trigger is....

I wasn't shocked to learn that almost no one likes the GunRoom, and yes, the guy there DID try to sell me an overpriced used semi-automatic S&W.

Last Edited:
3) "What if he's correct? The CZ75 is, afterall, a soviet-bloc produced firearm, which is not exactly known for producing high-quality and finely-machined firearms."

Sir, you wrote -

3) "What if he's correct? The CZ75 is, after all, a soviet-bloc produced firearm, which is not exactly known for producing high-quality and finely-machined firearms."

I'd just like to add a few points of my own, and from my own experience.

Czech engineers were and still are, renowned for in novation and inventiveness at all levels.

A Czech automotive engineer invented the constant-velocity joint, from that we get every single front wheel drive car ever built except the Cord.

A Czech automotive committee designed the world's first air-cooled V-8 car engine, the famous Tatra.

A Czech truck company invented the oval tube 'backbone' - the famous Tatra 800-series of trucks.

A Czech engineer invented the device that converted the little 6-pounder anti-tank gun into a real tank-killer with his 'Littlejohn' muzzle adaptor.

A bunch of Czechs developed what must surely be THE most famous light machine gun on the planet not designed by a Russian - the gun that ended up as the BREN, adopted in many different calibres by many nations.

The Skoda Armaments factories have been producing quality and innovative field artillery since the mid-1800's.

I could go on, but you get the idea - Wikipedia has fifteen pages of Czech inventions and discoveries that changed the world of medicine and forensic science, including blood-typing and finger-printing and plastic surgery.

They did ALL these things before they EVER became part of the Warsaw Pact.

Last Edited:
Compared to a Glock? Maybe not even comparable. Both go bang 99.9% of the time. My G17 seems way more practical and is less complicated, but this is beautiful.

20210306_105502.jpg

Details please. First high gloss blued CZ I have seen.

I completely disassembled it and sent the parts to be blued to Ford's where they blasted the poly coat down to bare metal then took it to a high polish and finished it with their highest blue finish. It was originally a CZ Custom Accu Shadow and I've done a little more tuning and detail work myself.

I supposed if you can have only one or if it's a first gun (but we know that's probably a Taurus, XD or used M&P for most of folks) there are good arguments for a Glock, but the CZ75 seems pretty bomb-proof and is hardly inferior.

I honestly wouldn't mind them if they didn't have that commie look to them.

The CZ, like the other famous designs that use an internally-sliding, uh, slide, is based strongly on the designs of the SWISS firearm design engineer, Charles Petter.

Please read all about this commie and his commie-design commie guns -

The Petter-Browning system (alternately the Browning-Petter or Browning-Petter-SIG system) of breechblocks is named after John Moses Browning and Petter. Petter designed the French Modele 1935A pistol, which had some of the same design elements as Browning's M1911 pistol, such as the grooved slide and barrel which interlocked and recoiled together until a pivoting link lowered the barrel, thus unlocking the assembly and further rearward movement of the barrel and slide together, which after reaching the point of greatest movement would be returned to battery. Along the way, the slide would strip a cartridge from the magazine and push it into the chamber just prior to the under barrel link forcing the barrel up into engagement with the slide, locking the action. Petter eliminated the barrel bushing and used a full length spring guide which had the effect of removing some of the inaccuracy from the M1911 design and increased functional reliability.

A unique feature of the system was an integrated fire control system. The trigger, hammer, mainspring, and sear assembly were contained in one unit. His design impressed SIG of Switzerland, who licensed it in order to produce their model 47/8 handgun, which became the SIG P210. Petter's French patent FR 782914 (Swiss: CH185452, U.S Patent 2,139,203) was acquired in 1937 by SIG and used for the P210.

Yup, the communist influence is strong, right? :rolleyes:

So 'communist' was the CZ design that it was reborn as the Swiss-made Sphinx and the Italian Tanfoglio.

Nothwithstanding all that, I'm still puzzled as to what, precisely, a 'commie look' is? Please enlighten us iggerant folks.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top