JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty sure that is Polycote. My opinion is they've gotten better at it over the years (I have a P-01 from around the era of yours and the finish isn't as nice as some newer ones).

Found this which has some touchup comments:

You might also give CZ Custom a call and ask if they have any suggestions. They are truly experts about these guns (and I HIGHLY recommend their trigger/hammer job).

75 BD, 2003.

Post # 99 has a pic and you can see some of the wear.

I'm probably making a bigger deal about that than is necessary. It's not that bad.

IMG_2504.JPG
The best part is the model # - considering it is actually a 75 BD! (all serial #'s match) IMG_2505.JPG

Last Edited:
Heck I was 'green' about CZs when I first bought mine and it was over a year before I discovered mine was mismarked as an '85 B' when it is in fact a 75 BD!

That is probably the oddest thing about CZ. They made a lot of guns with odd combinations of parts. I've seen a couple like yours over the years; I think I had a Compact like that once. And I've got a P-01 with chrome slide release and decocker, and they look to be factory. When I mentioned this once visiting CZ Custom the guy kind of shrugged and said "yeah, they do some odd things at times". Must be a Czech thing. I find it kind of funny and endearing. The opposite of process-controlled manufacturing you see in the USA. Czech craftsmen tend to be really good at what they do, but they do it their way.

While we're on CZs, if you want a good spring kit that isn't hundreds of dollars, check out MCARBO: https://www.mcarbo.com/cz-75-accessories.aspx

I have no affiliation with them, I just like their products and service. I've installed their spring kit in a 75 and it was absolutely worth the $50. Pulling the "sear cage" is not for the faint of heart, but I put the gun in a clear plastic bag ("sproing bag") first in case the cage decided to go all 'splodey on me. It didn't and the trigger was lighter and smoother afterward. Their installation video was very helpful.

I actually got the kit because it wasn't much more than just the trigger return spring (to replace a broken one) and shipping. The spring kit also includes a hardened firing pin stop pin. You can wear this pin out if you dry fire a lot. The one in the gun was close to failing so this turned out to be a very good idea!

I should do a full write up in the pistol forum. When I feel like it. :)

Pulling the "sear cage" is not for the faint of heart, but I put the gun in a clear plastic bag
Yea that 'sear cage' is a hoot isn't it? Been there, done it - and in the plastic bag as well !

I might look into one of these spring kits. I called CZ custom about their 'trigger job' as I just wanted to buy the parts and do it myself but they would not sell them to me.

Yea that 'sear cage' is a hoot isn't it? Been there, done it - and in the plastic bag as well !

I might look into one of these spring kits. I called CZ custom about their 'trigger job' as I just wanted to buy the parts and do it myself but they would not sell them to me.
I have a very small benchtop vise (probably for jewelry) that I used to hold the gun while I used my other three hands :rolleyes: to get everything lined up properly. It most likely made the difference between success and "@#$#!+!!!!" at my skill level. I also picked up their "bench block" because I've never gotten around to making one and it's $8.

This is what a guy told me a couple days ago in a local gun shop. I didn't try to take the time to educate the ignorant F as I believe him to be beyond help.

Dang, I feel sorry for people just getting into guns and are being told this BS. I have nothing against Glocks at all of course but some of these employees are just plain dumb.

CZ has some good guns, too many knobs for taste but some love them...

I have owned a CZ 75 for many years, they are great guns.
However, i just sold it to buy a Glock 19 gen 5, mos. cant see the sights on the CZ to well anymore and I wanted something light with a red dot optic mount !

I have owned a CZ 75 for many years, they are great guns.
However, i just sold it to buy a Glock 19 gen 5, mos. cant see the sights on the CZ to well anymore and I wanted something light with a red dot optic mount !
My gen 3 Glock 19 & 32 are both milled for RMR. Old age is a hellofa thing I guess, or maybe I was previously spoiled with excellent vision.
I've noticed that Glock factory sights are actually very easy to find and align quickly. People give them a bad rap because they're kind of big but in a defense gun, to me that's a good thing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top