JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like the same guy around these parts that says the same thing about Sig. "They're junk. Glock is better." This, coming from a guy that works in a shop that is a Sig Elite Dealer, is a terrible sales pitch.

The guy even looks disgusted if you ask him to open the glass display case to take one out. He can't even hide his disdain for Sig in his body language. Oh, well. They lost my business, so I don't go in there anymore.

Watched a few CZ vids last night - and there is certainly no shortage.

Lots of redundant ones and some I never made it past the first minute or so - especially one where the 'narrator' mentioned the CZs Orgo-nomics.... Also I can't stand some gun videos where the 'narrator' kind of 'throws' the guns around the table but that's another issue.

HR Funk had a good one where he did a side comparison shoot with a Hi Power. There was also a good one about the history of the CZ and how it came to be as well as interesting patent history about it as well.

I might watch a couple more to gain a bit more knowledge on them. Heck I was 'green' about CZs when I first bought mine and it was over a year before I discovered mine was mismarked as an '85 B' when it is in fact a 75 BD!

Only thing I have done to mine is install some high profile LPA target style sights and shoot it!

View attachment 812606
How do u like the LPA sights? I was looking at their adjustable rear sight. I also like these red dot mounts which are made in USA and replace the rear sight.
I also like these meprolight ones cuz u have night sights plus ability to attach a quick release red dot. But they are spendy.
0D6265BF-7B37-4E7D-ACC1-B464BF1023CC.jpeg

Last Edited:
How do u like the LPA sights?
Luv 'em! I have used a few over the years on other guns.

This set is just a basic, white outline rear and I repainted the front with red. Nice thing about the front is it has a 'recess' to contain the paint.

The #1 problem with LPA sights is they have too many choices ! I looked at several combinations as well as 'singles' such as a dot rear with a FO front but when all was said and done I went with a 'basic' style I am familiar with.

IMG_1173[1].JPG

It is a satire gun manufacturer.

Here is a link to the episode with spoilers

l remember that episode. Most notably because it's the last one l ever watched.
I'd actually forgotten why I'd stopped watching it and was thinking about picking it up again... thanks for the reminder.

Designated Survivor is another one l told my GF to carry on without me. Same crap, different show.

l remember that episode. Most notably because it's the last one l ever watched.
I'd actually forgotten why I'd stopped watching it and was thinking about picking it up again... thanks for the reminder.

Designated Survivor is another one l told my GF to carry on without me. Same crap, different show.

It was a pretty big stab to Hi-Point, well if anyone would think it is related to them.

But from what I remember about Hi-Point was that, he just wanted to make firearms for people with small pocket books so they could have a way to protect themselves.

In present day, when I see news articles about murders and robberies, I haven't really seen photos of Hi-Points being used, the most I seen are S&W polymer guns. So, out with the old?

I try to support local shops as much as possible. But quite honestly some of them are their own worst enemies. Arrogance does not equal knowledge or skill. We all like to think we punch our man card every time we pull the trigger. But some shop owners and employees just need to leave the 'tude at home for their own good.

And CZ has been quality in my opinion.

"It was a pretty big stab to Hi-Point, well if anyone would think it is related to them."
- @spider

One could make the connection, but it's more of a general, albeit misinformed and biased, swipe at the firearms industry as a whole, American gun laws, the 2A, and gun ownership. It picks up all of the popular tropes:
Gun show loophole: check
Greedy manufacturers: check
2A restricted to "militia": check
Gun owners are criminals: check
More guns=more crime: check

I'm not bent out of shape over it, l just stopped watching the show because I've already heard it all before and can hear/read that stuff any time l want. Also, l don't appreciate being demonized AND proselytized to by Hollywood nimrods who glamorize guns and violence while reinforcing false stereotypes about American gun-culture. The actual facts are far too complex for them to fit into 43 minutes of run time so they portray what they want you to see... kinda like watching the news (l don't watch THAT anymore, either).

CHEERS! :s0059:

Back on subject (sort of), l once had a gun shop counter guy tell me he was "a bit of a Glock snob".
I rudely laughed in his face... didn't mean to, it was just sort of a bark that came out real fast.
He thought it was naturally because l was a hater.
No... it was because referring to oneself as a "snob" because you prefer one brand of mass produced plasti-gun over all other mass produced plasti-guns is funny. As if liking Glocks offered some kind of exclusivity.
They're fine, but c'mon...

If only I could remember everything to write the very long novel, "The Stupid Stuff I've Heard Said In Gun Shops". Just when you think you've heard it all, you haven't. There are an incredible number of gun shop employees who are glad to put their ignorance on display every day.

I'd really love to open a shop and employ knowledgeable people and have all guns displayed so they and their info/prices are clearly visible under good lighting. I know, it's a radical idea, but I can at least dream!

I had a Tanfoglio that was basically crap. We bought 3 or maybe 4 at once (each brother and I think maybe the BiL as well) and they were all poorly manufactured jam-o-matics. Maybe the CZ folks do a better job but people spoke well of the Tanfoglio brand too.

Put me off the whole line.

I also bought exactly one Kia, and that's my limit there as well.

Waaaaaaaaay back when, I compared my then brand-new CZ57 with my service Browning GP35 on the range, with a back-to-back comparison shooting the same pistol competition.

Basically, the comp was fired at four targets over timed periods, beginning with 2x5 round for grouping in 12 seconds - five on each of the left two targets, and ended up with two six-round groups - one on each of the right two - remember that we load only ten-rounds in that thirteen-round magazine. Needs a mag change...

Targets turn to expose, BTW. A total of forty-two rounds were fired for 210 scored.

With the Browning service pistol, my score was 172.

With the CZ - first time at this comp - it was 192.

Apart from a SIG P210 it was hands-down THE most accurate 9mmP pistol I have ever shot, beating even my other SIGS later on.

Apart from a SIG P210 it was hands-down THE most accurate 9mmP pistol I have ever shot, beating even my other SIGS later on.

I own a few Sig (P226, P220) and CZ, and I have to agree. I liked regular CZ models so much I had CZ Custom in Arizona build me a custom SP-01 that is an absolutely incredible shooter. And almost half the price of a similar X-Series Sig.

Sigs in general have a better finish. CZ might have tooling marks in non-critical areas, and their finishes vary. They are definitely more utilitarian about appearance than Sig.

I had a Tanfoglio that was basically crap
Was it recently? Was it a polymer framed gun(s)?
I ask because Tanfoglio is the one who turned me into a CZ-platform fan with an EAA Witness compact back in the 90s. They've made CZ pattern pistols for lots of companies with good reps... l had a Springfield P9 that was excellent. I think they make more CZs than CZ does.

I've never handled a Witness P or any similar guns (SAR B6P) because they don't appeal to me, but the prices on those is so low I have to assume some corners have been cut.

If they're falling down on the QC then it's very disappointing.

The 'finish' part of my CZ is bothering me a bit.

After very little holster carry and the finish is wearing off the high points.

What/how are these finished with?

What model and age? Most are Polycoat, a baked on polymer finish. I think they are Parkerized under that finish. Not sure on the older models but I think it was an enamel paint; I've seen some all chipped up and looking awful, but they're still good shooters.

They do a nice finish on their newer match guns, and the matte stainless is really nice. Definitely paying more attention to their "consumer" guns.

CZ75B_SS.jpg

A few years ago I had my sights set on an SP-01, but couldn't find one. So I settled for this:
2FBD931A-1E4C-4ACC-A808-03A98F08A3F4.jpeg
Now, I am considering replacing my old Glock 19 with a P-07. Still haven't given up on an SP-01, either.

A few years ago I had my sights set on an SP-01, but couldn't find one. So I settled for this:
View attachment 812721
Now, I am considering replacing my old Glock 19 with a P-07. Still haven't given up on an SP-01, either.
I was always a "Had to have a Hammer" guy.
Then I wound up w/ 2 G19 Gen 2s.

One day I got to shoot a CZ P10, the a P01, Then a P07 suppressed.
Glocks went Bye Bye..
Settled w/ a P07 Suppressor ready. :):):)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top