JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just because someone works somewhere, doesn't mean they are experts on what they sell, or have your best interest in mind. I do my own research, whether it's a gun, vehicle or ham sandwich.

I know it wasn't Warren because he'd be pimping overpriced Colts and insulting the customer for being so stupid.

So where was this? "I gots to know..."
Well here is my thinking on that. I don't want to bash the business due to one employee (even though I was pretty disgusted at that employee at the time). It used to be a one man shop and I always had good service there before. So maybe he made a bad hire due to being swamped is what I think (guessing). Hopefully he'll realize what the deal is (I would be very surprised if he hasn't already). I think I'll send him a polite email Just so he knows.

That might not be the best way I dunno but I think naming the shop on a public forum is probably not the best way. But then I'm probably hypocritical cuz I have no qualms whatsoever calling out the gun room based on my really bad personal experience there. But that experience at the gun room is on a whole different level so I guess that's why.

Well here is my thinking on that. I don't want to bash the business due to one employee (even though I was pretty disgusted at that employee at the time). It used to be a one man shop and I always had good service there before. So maybe he made a bad hire due to being swamped is what I think (guessing). Hopefully he'll realize what the deal is (I would be very surprised if he hasn't already). I think I'll send him a polite email Just so he knows.

That might not be the best way I dunno but I think naming the shop on a public forum is probably not the best way. But then I'm probably hypocritical cuz I have no qualms whatsoever calling out the gun room based on my really bad personal experience there. But that experience at the gun room is on a whole different level so I guess that's why.
Fair enough. I support your decision to inform the owner.

If I owned a business and had an employee alienating customers behind my back, I'd want to know about it. If it turns out that's actually the owner spouting off, or if he agrees with the employee, at least you're giving him the opportunity to know how that plays out in the eyes of a disenchanted potential buyer.

BTW, I've always said "anyone can complain," and I'm no warm ray of sunshine for its own sake, just ask my friends. But I also try to tell owners when I see a knowledgeable, helpful employee doing things that make me want to do more business there. Kudos and (hopefully) rewards for players who deserve them. In lean times, an owner may be teetering on which employee he/she can afford to keep. Either way, I do what I can to help.

Last Edited:
We should all be supporting our fellow gun owners and the gun industry in general. While a frustrating encounter which we all hear often if you spend much time in gun shops, gun counters, pawn shops, etc... stepping back like you have done and thinking about the best course of action to proceed is a good choice for us all.

I see no need to name this shop on a public forum. It sounds like you have had good service in the past and in reality they probably deserve a second chance at your business. I like your idea of reaching out to the owner @ilikegunspdx via email and would encourage you to provide him with some constructive criticism and feedback so that he can improve his business and educate his employee. If you never receive feedback on what you are doing wrong, you never have a chance to improve upon it.

LOL someone drank too much Kool-Aid. Everyone knows I like Glocks, but CZ75s are great guns too!

Five bucks he also owns a beer gut, neckbeard and permanent call a duty goggle imprints on his muppet face.

Was it this guy that Angry Drill Sargeant pointed out?
received_3446137055512420.jpeg

Well It was a Gun shop employee nuf said. Just let it go lifes too short to be concerned with what they think.

He should have said both were total pieces of junk.

I'll wait for the next thread about what some other counter commando says to offend to comment further........

So wherever you were didn't have CZ for sale but he saw something CZ related on your phone and made the comment?

That's quite a blanket statement out of the blue about an entire brand.

It's his opinion at the time so I would just let it slide, especially if it was not a confrontational statement or if it didn't prevent you from buying a CZ from their shop.

Last Edited:
Having worked behind a gun counter, I always tried to be neutral. If they asked me for advice, I tried to state which guns were popular not what I thought was best. I tried to stay up to date on features and such vs BSing my way through things.

I witnessed my fair share of the other people working behind that counter with me spew all sorts of nonsense.

I don't think they reward sales anymore at Sportsmans. I was not eligible for the rewards as I was a manager, but the others would likely do anything for certain Gun sales. Springfield ran a hell of a sales reward thingy, sell enough Springfields and you could get free guns. During those times, sales folks would be blatantly pushing Springfield products.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top