JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is what a guy told me a couple days ago in a local gun shop. I didn't try to take the time to educate the ignorant F as I believe him to be beyond help.

Dang, I feel sorry for people just getting into guns and are being told this BS. I have nothing against Glocks at all of course but some of these employees are just plain dumb.

you should have said " ya how about i do you a favor and ill take this off your hands if you knock a couple hundred "

The CZ, like the other famous designs that use an internally-sliding, uh, slide, is based strongly on the designs of the SWISS firearm design engineer, Charles Petter.

Yup, the communist influence is strong, right? :rolleyes:

So 'communist' was the CZ design that it was reborn as the Swiss-made Sphinx and the Italian Tanfoglio.

Nothwithstanding all that, I'm still puzzled as to what, precisely, a 'commie look' is? Please enlighten us iggerant folks.

You know, that look where people can copy the crap out of it because it has no patents since commies don't do such things. The oval ejection ports with skinny little extractors, strange rounded commie lines, stuff like that. You can look at an aircraft, car, or gun from a communist bloc country and pick up on the look immediately.

View attachment 812449
Tell me that's not a pretty gun. :)
20210304_155430.jpg

Exactly

You know, that look where people can copy the crap out of it because it has no patents since commies don't do such things. The oval ejection ports with skinny little extractors, strange rounded commie lines, stuff like that. You can look at an aircraft, car, or gun from a communist bloc country and pick up on the look immediately.
The Czechs were reluctant communists at best, commie by conquest, not by choice. While subject to Warsaw Pact mandates regarding ammunition compatibility, Czech engineers always strove to "do it better." Unlike other east bloc countries, which merely copied soviet designs, they tried to one up the Russians. Hence the CZ-52, CZ-82, and VZ-58.

The Czechs were reluctant communists at best, commie by conquest, not by choice. While subject to Warsaw Pact mandates regarding ammunition compatibility, Czech engineers always strove to "do it better." Unlike other east bloc countries, which merely copied soviet designs, they tried to one up the Russians. Hence the CZ-52, CZ-82, and VZ-58.

They are great guns, but they got that....LOOK. They even had to name a version of their rifles "American" to appeal to our more refined sensibilities! Fooled me twice on CZ 455 Americans, a CZ 452 American, and a curveball with my Dan Wesson.

I will admit the first thing I do with a CZ 452/455 is buy parts to make it look less commie bloc, like replacing stamped parts with milled parts.

F2A9C2B1-ABD6-41C1-899B-02ECF5CAEF8E.jpeg

They are great guns, but they got that....LOOK. They even had to name a version of their rifles "American" to appeal to our more refined sensibilities! Fooled me twice on CZ 455 Americans, a CZ 452 American, and a curveball with my Dan Wesson.

I will admit the first thing I do with a CZ 452/455 is buy parts to make it look less commie bloc, like replacing stamped parts with milled parts.

View attachment 838554

Should I replace the stamped parts on my M1 Garand to be more American (since stamped = bad)? Or should I polyurethane my k98 and sporterize it to appeal to the American hunting type? I'd say combloc weapons are beautiful in their simplicity and efficient designs. No fluff, no dumb names (looking at you Smith and Wesson).

Should I replace the stamped parts on my M1 Garand to be more American (since stamped = bad)? Or should I polyurethane my k98 and sporterize it to appeal to the American hunting type? I'd say combloc weapons are beautiful in their simplicity and efficient designs. No fluff, no dumb names (looking at you Smith and Wesson).

Do whatever you want! My taste in guns is in no way related to what you like. If I hated CZ, I wouldn't own so many of them. But they got that....LOOK!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top