JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
from the Washington County Sheriffs newsletter:

Dumb Crook
Deputies responded to a home invasion burglary. Hearing a noise, the homeowner peeked into a spare bedroom and saw someone handing items through a window to another person. He yelled at them – the suspect with the gun was startled and shot a hole in the ceiling. Multiple units responded to investigate, but there were no leads. Two days later detectives returned. They arrested the homeowner for Improper Use of 911 and Initiating a False Report. It seems his story changed. There was no burglar. He just forgot he left one round in his gun and when he went to clean it, he shot the hole in his own ceiling. He was afraid of losing his concealed handgun license so he came up with a burglary story. Ironically, if had he done nothing and said nothing, his accidental discharge might never have been noticed.

Whoops!

Treat your guns like they are loaded and aways check before you clean...

I am pretty methodical when it comes to picking up a firearm and preforming a safety check. Even if I watch someone do it before they hand me one, out of habit will do it again. So I cant imagine having this happen. That said anything is possible.

My buddies Dad (ex-military and gun enthusiast for over 40 years) recently put a .38 slug through his shop wall and into the neighbors retaining wall thinking his revolver was empty. If your reading this sorry Ray :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top