JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chill, dude. The world doesn't revolve around you, despite the 10 posts per day for over two years. Sometimes there is substance under discussion that passes you by.

So onto the substance: I'm in favor of expanding 2A rights and granting those rights to people the government might have labeled miscreants. Like Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, George Washington, and others. Where do YOU stand on 2A rights for those disfavored by the current government?

Dang, I'm old and cannot remember! Was Randy Weaver ever actually convicted of any crime? Was that shotgun barrel he cut an eighth-inch too short or not? The settlement he got was way too little compensation for the grief he went through!........................elsullo

Per Wiki
Weaver was charged with multiple crimes relating to the Ruby Ridge incident, a total of ten counts including the original firearms charges and murder. Attorney Gerry Spence handled Weaver's defense, and argued successfully that Weaver's actions were justifiable as self-defense. The judge dismissed two counts after hearing prosecution witness testimony. The jury acquitted Weaver of all remaining charges except two, one of which the judge set aside. Weaver was found guilty of one count, failure to appear, for which Weaver was fined $10,000 and sentenced to 18 months in prison. The reason he failed to appear was because he was officially told the court case was on the 20th March when in fact it was on the 20th February. He was credited with time served plus an additional three months, and was then released. Kevin Harris was acquitted of all criminal charges.[16]

In August 1995, the federal government avoided trial on a civil lawsuit filed by the Weavers, by awarding the three surviving daughters $1,000,000 each and Randy Weaver $100,000 over the deaths of Sammy and Vicki Weaver. The attorney for Kevin Harris pressed Harris' civil suit for damages, although federal officials vowed they would never pay someone who had killed a U.S. Marshal (Harris had been acquitted by a jury trial on grounds of self-defense). In September 2000 after persistent appeals, Harris was awarded a $380,000 settlement from the government.

Another point that once a felon completed their appointed time in prison then they were let free as their debt to society and the justice system was fullfilled. Only in our modern age do they have extra hoops to jump thru and then they have to apply to get certain rights restored.

Yes that is exactly what I mean. Once your debt to society was discharged, you had your rights back. When did it become OK to let people out of jail before their debt was fully paid??

It just seems like they arrested a bunch of drug dealers who also happened to have illegal guns. Who would have ever guessed criminals would have illegal guns?

Most guns aren't "illegal" but it is illegal for convicted criminals to have them. What you say sounds like something MAIG would say!!

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

You better believe it!
I believe they keep these scum on the streets so that they can bust em and grab the headlines away from thier boot full of scandles

Yep, there was a posting someplace the showed they wanted "good reports" about BATF to counter the bad publicity they were getting from gunnrunner. I just don't remember where I read it.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews