JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Local cops, ATF team up for big illegal gun and drugs bust

<broken link removed>

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - An undercover investigation into illegal weapons in the Portland area that stretched into southwest Washington has led to the arrests of at least 25 people, with more arrests anticipated.

The investigation, dubbed Operation Kraken, was announced at a Thursday-morning press conference held by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Portland.

U.S. Attorney Dwight Holton announced 23 indictments against 25 people charged with federal gun and drug charges, including several counts charging Portland-area residents with being felons in possession of firearms.

Holton says there was no apparent organization or criminal conspiracy connected to the crimes.

The most serious of the charges was distribution of methamphetamine.

Isn't it illegal to do those illegal acts?

I tend to lean heavy on the sarcasm.

More info

<broken link removed>

The eight-month long investigation has put about 40 dangerous local criminals behind bars. An AK-47, a machine gun and a sawed-off shotgun are among the 77 weapons seized from suspects from all reached of the Portland-metro area. Kelvin Crenshaw of the Seattle field office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms says they expect to make more arrests in what they call "Operation Kraken." Seven varieties of illicit drugs were also seized during raids in Canby, Gresham, Portland, Beaverton, Milwaukie, Hillsboro and Clark County. Detectives credit the cooperation of several agencies for the success of this operation.

Those who turn a blind eye to cross state boarder FTF gun deals please take note. :s0155:

........but I saved $20 in FFL fees........

handcuffs.jpg

For every good deed like this BATF screws and terrorizes 5 innocent persons. I have no problem with the operation, only the existence of the BATF. Check out this article on the BATF political operation called Operation Gunrunner.. a bald faced attempt to get further restrictions on our liberties, which cost at least one border patrol agent his life so far. The BATF who supported and ran this op are accomplices to murder and should so tried and convicted. Call me a cynic but I see this op as an attempt to regain face after OG disaster that is unraveling right now

<broken link removed>

ATF Let Hundreds of U.S. Weapons Fall into Hands of Suspected Mexican Gunrunners - The Center for Public Integrity

No different than Waco, which was done as a dog and pony show at BATF funding time. 80 men. women and children were burned alive and no justice has been brought to bear on any of them

For every good deed like this BATF screws and terrorizes 5 innocent persons. I have no problem with the operation, only the existence of the BATF. Check out this article on the BATF political operation called Operation Gunrunner.. a bald faced attempt to get further restrictions on our liberties, which cost at least one border patrol agent his life so far. The BATF who supported and ran this op are accomplices to murder and should so tried and convicted. Call me a cynic but I see this op as an attempt to regain face after OG disaster that is unraveling right now

<broken link removed>

ATF Let Hundreds of U.S. Weapons Fall into Hands of Suspected Mexican Gunrunners - The Center for Public Integrity

No different than Waco, which was done as a dog and pony show at BATF funding time. 80 men. women and children were burned alive and no justice has been brought to bear on any of them

I agree 100% Let us not forget Ruby Ridge either

It states a lot of the arrests where made at one specific building. It seems more like a "illicit lure" type operation to me. Those always border on entrapment in my opinion.

Plus, it does not seem to me like they did much of a sting on anything gun related. It just seems like they arrested a bunch of drug dealers who also happened to have illegal guns. Who would have ever guessed criminals would have illegal guns?

WOW!!! That's the last time I sell guns to the local smoke shop!
Why do you think they call it dope? (older-not cool definition)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top