JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently attempted to purchase a collector firearm on Armslist from a man in Gresham Oregon, goes by Donald Yakel. He refused to meet in person and requested other odd things. Googled his name and it turns out he's done this before out of Washington.

Thought I'd mention here locally. Beware of this seller.

It always surprises me that Jerks like the Local Yakel aren't "FounD" Dead more often. I say they fugg me over and I would hunt them down, once drove across and around 3 states to recover a dog someone stole from me, I found them in short order.

While it sucks big time if this clown is ripping people off. Couple things here though. Assuming this guy is I have to guess he is getting people to send him a M/O or such? So they are doing this to someone they don't know from Adam? If this is the case I would doubt he was using his real name. So if the scam actually works I would assume he will just use another name. I am having a hard time feeling bad for anyone who sends money this way to some "name and address" with the hope they are going to send something back.

Click on my links and read.

It appears that is the person's real name - unless he was able to get an ODL in someone else's name.

Does it really matter? He apparently has been using that name for a number of years ripping people off.

Click on my links and read.

It appears that is the person's real name - unless he was able to get an ODL in someone else's name.

Does it really matter? He apparently has been using that name for a number of years ripping people off.

I saw the pic. While it could be real a D/L is dead simple to make a fake of. There are things done to them to check for this if you have it in hand. From a pic its something many kids could make. That he has been able to use this con with the same name for years also leaves me shaking my head. I often wonder who falls for some of the e-mail scams I see. I guess someone must or they would not bother. Guess it's the same with this guy. As long as someone is willing to send him money then be mad when they get burned? Just seems strange to me that he can still find some to fall for it. Would be nice if the authorities would lock his butt up.

I definitely didn't send him anything. I knew that price was too good for that specific Luger.

Said he was selling to fund a tractor purchase but his address is an apartment building o_O what's the tractor for...lol

I doubt it's him.

I've been texted "verification" driver licenses before for ads. Somebody in a South Dakota wanting me to ship to Idaho FFL...

How easy to steal a wallet or ID then trash that persons name setting up your scams.

安全验证码

I doubt it's him.

I've been texted "verification" driver licenses before for ads. Somebody in a South Dakota wanting me to ship to Idaho FFL...

How easy to steal a wallet or ID then trash that persons name setting up your scams.

安全验证码

Possible but he's been using the name for a while. 24hr campfire has the same name at a WA address from a post in 2015.

Lots of scammers on Armslist but also some good folks, I've done many deals there, just have to be alert. I've only ever bought a few used guns sight unseen, I like to handle them first, only a few people I trust enough to do that, one was here but he's no longer a member unfortunately.

Before the bgc thing it was easy to tell, they would want to meet at a residence or some sketchy place, can't even tell you how many deals I've done at the woodburn outlets when it was packed:)

I definitely didn't send him anything. I knew that price was too good for that specific Luger.

Said he was selling to fund a tractor purchase but his address is an apartment building o_O what's the tractor for...lol

That would be a red flag for me alright. :) I guess the problem with all these scams is there still to this day seems to be an unending pool of suckers. The e-mails about quick money to be made, just send some stranger some cash, all the way to this kind of thing. Send some stranger an unprotected payment for something he claims he will send in return. I guess if even 1 in 100 will fall for it the scammers will keep it up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top