JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alex Jones claim that? With the exception of the outcome of 2000, they are free and fair.

Misterbill nailed it on the head. While the wackadoos may grunt and grouse over it, simply put he gifted everyone with cold truth.

Sommervile, Mass eh? When talking about freedoms or "free and fair", I'd be more concerned about being from the place where "the shot heard round the world" has changed to one needing a state permission slip to hold a piece of used brass in your hand let alone a round or a gun.

Fear the moonanites!

Sommervile, Mass eh? When talking about freedoms or "free and fair", I'd be more concerned about being from the place where "the shot heard round the world" has changed to one needing a state permission slip to hold a piece of used brass in your hand let alone a round or a gun.

Fear the moonanites!

You're telling me. Mass is a lost cause, they took "Spirit of America" far too seriously and let freedom die.

Happily, in less than 60 hours I'm heading to Spokane. :) Will be nice being back in the west.

Hey JackThompson. It's a single t if you please. Also I know you'll understand, but I don't really put a lot of stock in anecdotal evidence from non-vetted sources. Which Clark county though?

I can agree with this:

Of which non-state/federal militias will inevitably be focusing on the latter, not the former. What is the difference between a militia and a gang? From what I've seen it comes down to which government department puts them down. Gangs are dealt with by the PD and sheriff. Militias get the ATF and FBI. Militias will also generally have fewer illegal/illicitly gained guns, and hopefully will dabble less in drugs, but will do well in tax evasion.

Guardian Angels were a good group, citizens taking action. Why couldn't a militia do it? Simple, a militia is going to be a bunch of internet "operators" and other angry sort that will go to iron over what the guardian angels did, which requires a lot of courage.

Why would a militia fail at that? Vendettas, weapons, a desire to "make the go-clock chime", and a basic irrational fear of the government and some random social collapse that controls them with a base, unshakable fear. They're dangerous for those reasons. Hey, I'll be the first to say that as long as they aren't hurting anyone, they can go hole up in some compound and play commando, but the moment the start sowing hate, harm, and trying to harm this country, then they need to get jammed up by the bbc of the law.

Oops! Sorry about adding a T, I was posting from my iPhone and for some reason I say "Stigmatta" in my head, and that helps me remember your name. (This concludes the little peek into my squashed brain.)'

Clark County, WA is where we took classes on how to prevent/curtail cheating from the Romney/Santorum camps, and even though we succeeded in that, the results given were rigged.

I'm not a "Let's thin the herd" type... I have 8 kids to care for, and a wife. The time for me to run off and become a freedom fighter is long since passed. I do however watch with worried eyes what's happening in our country, and even though people like Alex Jones or Ron Paul or Dave Mustaine might have an extreme interpretation of current/past events, even if there was only shreds of truth to 50% of it that's enough to be worried.

Misterbill, you are as far to one end of the spectrum as some Militia members are to the other end.

Elections in the USA are neither free or fair, open your eyes.

They were extremely popular during the Nixon administration.

Look in the mirror lately?

I call BS. There is no 'equivalency' in this argument. What MrBill says is not extreme in anyway, he might just really be pissed off at stupidity that is politically dangerous for those of us who support 2A, and could very well end in disaster. The type of thinking he denounces has already led to a lot of bloodshed, from the string of bloody crimes committed by the so-called aryan Order, to the Oklahoma City bombing, to the shoot up at the Sikh Temple the other week.

A "MILITIA" is really the wrong way to go. You will have all the wrong type of attention, the media will destroy you, the ATF will inprison you. Militias are considered terrorist groups by DHS. How effective is that going to be?

Go paint balling with you VFW buddies (they are starting to accept associate members). Make friends with the local LEOs. Help out your local National Guard unit. They are not they enemy, and they could save your dumb azz one day. *IF* it ever comes time to pick sides, they will be looking for allies as well.

... Shall not be infringed.

A "MILITIA" is really the wrong way to go. You will have all the wrong type of attention, the media will destroy you, the ATF will inprison you. Militias are considered terrorist groups by DHS. How effective is that going to be?

Go paint balling with you VFW buddies (they are starting to accept associate members). Make friends with the local LEOs. Help out your local National Guard unit. They are not they enemy, and they could save your dumb azz one day. *IF* it ever comes time to pick sides, they will be looking for allies as well.

... Shall not be infringed.

Now that's a very well thought out and decent reply. :)

Great ideas!

Which I stand by, wholeheartedly. Simply migrating to the USA after your betters created it from blood, sweat and tears does not IMO confer the rights they died for

Define betters. I know fresh immigrants that have PhDs and I know people who came here with the initial euro invasion who have a revolving door in prison. Who is a "better" and what makes them such? Economic power? Intelligence? Or simply time on the ground? If I were to say I'm better than you, how precisely would you refute it? (Simply as an exercise, I don't know you from Adam to make that determination.)

What exactly is the herd, and who do you want to thin it out? The .gov? You? Just think, every member of that "herd" you objectify has family, family who may not take kindly to having their kin thinned out. Then what happens when they have more power than the thinners? Your statement is damn scary, and I for damn sure wouldn't allow any of my friends or kin to get "thinned out," and I don't think any normal folks would either.

As for migrating, how long is long enough in your opinion to make it ok for someone to be here? Mass bay colony? Native Americans? Crossing the Asiatic land bridge?

JackThompson - when I was on the radio my DJ name was Stigmata. :D I just realized Clark County isn't Clark County, NV. Curtailing voter fraud is important, but I don't think it really falls into the camp of violating the concept of free elections (although voter ID DOES!), but it does harm "fair." My concern is when you have a candidate that doesn't win by any stretch of the vote numbers, but still saunters off with the office.

I think the thin the herd types do a disservice to a lot of people, including themselves. For example, I wouldn't knowing help one of them, and may actively remove them from my local area if the "doomsday scenario" type concerns arise, because I wouldn't be able to trust them to not start sticking bullets in anyone who isn't them. They'd be a ticking timebomb. On the other hand, a lot of the comments are internet puffery.

Anyway, want to go paintballing? :s0112:

Davemata, that's funny about your DJ tag. :)

That's what happened with Romney, he didn't win, but there he is. (The media also made claims that the Ron Paul supporters were causing a ruckus, when I witnessed with my own eyes the Romney supporters causing 100% of the strife at the Hilton during the delegate election process.

Regarding "thinning the herd"

I used to think that way to a degree. That was one of the things I found romantic about a theoretical zombie apocalypse. It's like a humanity reset button.

In reality, it's not the right of any human to make those decisions. Not even for themselves.

We shouldn't even be forcing seatbelt laws on people, much less whether they can live or die.

Yeah. You're off base.

However, feel free to cite proof. Credible proof, not infowars.

Well being on a gun forum you'd think 2A would be something known by you:
As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

And I'll leave it at that. If somehow someone lacks the basic common knowledge to follow a bouncing ball I'm not going to waste my time trying to help them. If you are this secure in things as they are, please turn in all your guns because I don't see an outside attack as likely as the alternative.

Define betters. I know fresh immigrants that have PhDs and I know people who came here with the initial euro invasion who have a revolving door in prison. Who is a "better" and what makes them such? Economic power? Intelligence? Or simply time on the ground? If I were to say I'm better than you, how precisely would you refute it? (Simply as an exercise, I don't know you from Adam to make that determination.)

What exactly is the herd, and who do you want to thin it out? The .gov? You? Just think, every member of that "herd" you objectify has family, family who may not take kindly to having their kin thinned out. Then what happens when they have more power than the thinners? Your statement is damn scary, and I for damn sure wouldn't allow any of my friends or kin to get "thinned out," and I don't think any normal folks would either.

As for migrating, how long is long enough in your opinion to make it ok for someone to be here? Mass bay colony? Native Americans? Crossing the Asiatic land bridge?

Dave,

Don't worry about it friend. Blitzkrieg is an outright genocidal racist. If forum rules allowed it he'd spit his vitriol full force, but as is he has to make veiled comments about multiculturalism, "his ancestors", immigrants (irony!) and "thinning herds".

Have you ever heard of "The Mantra"? I hesitate to bring it up because there are a lot of idiots here who will totally buy into it if they haven't heard of it already, but check it out, it's the kind of idiocy he subscribes to as I've seen him make comments verbatim from "The Mantra's" racial propaganda.

YouTube or google "The Mantra" and see his ilk and their sad, bitter hate-filled lives.

Jack Thompson, when you say "For the record, I'm not in a Militia, and have no real interest in joining/forming one, I just googled it to answer the question of the original poster." I am guessing that you must be over 45, or under the age of 17, or excused from service because of religious scruples. Under Title 10, USC, you ARE in the militia if between 17 and 45 (which see at 10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | LII / Legal Information Institute)

See, there is the REAL militia, and then there are the little home grown wanna be soldier types that run around in the woods on the weekend playing dress up, either because they "had something better to do" than join the real military....

Anyway....

Hey One-Eyed Ross,

I think the form of "Militia" they speak of in the law means "In a red dawn scenario where foreigners invade our nation and storm our cities and towns, it is up to all able bodied Americans to repel them using any force necessary."

I'm all over that. :)

Regarding the original question (And the concept of Militia's being illegal in the state of Oregon) I googled Militias in Oregon and found two links to sites with established Militias in the state of oregon.

http://oregonmilitia.homestead.com/
https://www.unitedstatesmilitia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1936

Again, not condoning it, and have NO IDEA who these people are. I'm just providing the results of google searches.

Dear FBI/CIA folks, please erase me from your Internet Militia Database. I can't even SPELL Al Kaida...

Last Edited:
What I always wonder about is how a lot of these arm chair militia types would react if the governor called the unorganized militia out to do something...I dunno, fight a wild fire or something....I wonder what their attitude would be...."you can't do that!"....

Too funny

JackThompson - when I was on the radio my DJ name was Stigmata. :D I just realized Clark County isn't Clark County, NV. Curtailing voter fraud is important, but I don't think it really falls into the camp of violating the concept of free elections (although voter ID DOES!), but it does harm "fair." My concern is when you have a candidate that doesn't win by any stretch of the vote numbers, but still saunters off with the office.

I think the thin the herd types do a disservice to a lot of people, including themselves. For example, I wouldn't knowing help one of them, and may actively remove them from my local area if the "doomsday scenario" type concerns arise, because I wouldn't be able to trust them to not start sticking bullets in anyone who isn't them. They'd be a ticking timebomb. On the other hand, a lot of the comments are internet puffery.

Anyway, want to go paintballing? :s0112:

First the adventurers and warriors come, then the colonists, then the settlers, then the weak minded who seek to piggy back on the accomplishments of their betters, and/or to get rich quick

Were up to me all immigration would have been cut off about 1850

If you come to America, just be American....that is all.....As a substitute teacher in the valley, all I see are humpty dumpties pretending not to learn any English and it comes in all kinds of colors from Samoans to Russians and Ukrainians to Cambos and Chinese and all fruits of Central America and Mexico.

Something went wrong along the way where ..hey....it's okay to NOT learn English, not even try or put a concrete effort into it.

I've attended the militia meetings one time back in the 90's. Bunch of fruitcakes and wazzos asking me why am I there....or the government is not our friend and even back then....were selling the WACO videos and crimes of Clinton blah blah blah.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a civil militia gathering of sorts for those with guns.....I'd horse trade the NFA laws and all that stuff if we made it mandatory for people to attend the gatherings with their MG's, DD's and other fun cool stuff. Maybe that will keep all the mentals and psychos at bay.

Militia, Standing Armies, and the Second Amendment: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

Tench Coxe, of Pennsylvania:

"The militia, who are in fact the effective part of the people at large, will render many troops quite unnecessary. They will form a powerful check upon the regular troops, and will generally be sufficient to over-awe them." -- An American Citizen, Oct. 21, 1787

Noah Webster, of Pennsylvania:

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power." -- An Examination of The Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, Philadelphia, 1787

Alexander Hamilton, of New York:

"f circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their rights and those of their fellow citizens." -- The Federalist, No. 29

Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Dave,

Don't worry about it friend. Blitzkrieg is an outright genocidal racist. If forum rules allowed it he'd spit his vitriol full force, but as is he has to make veiled comments about multiculturalism, "his ancestors", immigrants (irony!) and "thinning herds".

Have you ever heard of "The Mantra"? I hesitate to bring it up because there are a lot of idiots here who will totally buy into it if they haven't heard of it already, but check it out, it's the kind of idiocy he subscribes to as I've seen him make comments verbatim from "The Mantra's" racial propaganda.

YouTube or google "The Mantra" and see his ilk and their sad, bitter hate-filled lives.

Ah, another lefist-hater/control freak. Let me tell you pal, my own white race needs thinning as much as any one this rock. Maybe you are one of them..

Ah, another lefist-hater/control freak. Let me tell you pal, my own white race needs thinning as much as any one this rock. Maybe you are one of them..

This is clearly another "Out yourself" thread.

You just outed yourself as a white supremacist type. Because no one else would have said: " my own white race." It wouldn't even occur to most "white" people to even think of themselves as a particular race woth an identity worthy of calling out and preserving from "race" alone. How DOES it make you feel to realize that you evolved from black people anyway?

Question: How brown can I be, or how pushed in my nose or how kinky my hair before you consider me no longer "white?"Am I a N****er if I just happen to tan really dark? Cause those "white" people in South Africa with that "problem" always had to show the ran lines on their watches to the local gestapo before they were allowed into the ""white areas."

But hey, keep digging. With every post you make yourself more clear as to exactly what you are.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top