JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See this is what i want to defend :) Ideas are all we have and i find it fun to throw them out there and see what ideas come back some agree some dont as long as we can except others ideas and let them express them then its up to the others to listening to them or not.If we do this we are still doing well as a people....this was fun ;)

First rule for militia is don't talk about the militia .
Second rule is same as above.
Third rule is if someone who you don't know contacts you about starting a militia he probably works for Eric Holder.

How do you see this oregon law? Hard to get my head around. Please let me know how you read it.

166.660 Unlawful paramilitary activity. (1) A person commits the crime of unlawful paramilitary activity if the person:

(a) Exhibits, displays or demonstrates to another person the use, application or making of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or any technique capable of causing injury or death to persons and intends or knows that such firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique will be unlawfully employed for use in a civil disorder; or

(b) Assembles with one or more other persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons with the intent to unlawfully employ such firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique in a civil disorder.

(2)(a) Nothing in this section makes unlawful any act of any law enforcement officer performed in the otherwise lawful performance of the officer's official duties.

(b) Nothing in this section makes unlawful any activity of the State Department of Fish and Wildlife, or any activity intended to teach or practice self-defense or self-defense techniques, such as karate clubs or self-defense clinics, and similar lawful activity, or any facility, program or lawful activity related to firearms instruction and training intended to teach the safe handling and use of firearms, or any other lawful sports or activities related to the individual recreational use or possession of firearms, including but not limited to hunting activities, target shooting, self-defense, firearms collection or any organized activity including, but not limited to any hunting club, rifle club, rifle range or shooting range which does not include a conspiracy as defined in ORS 161.450 or the knowledge of or the intent to cause or further a civil disorder.

(3) Unlawful paramilitary activity is a Class C felony.

(4) As used in this section:

(a) "Civil disorder" means acts of physical violence by assemblages of three or more persons which cause damage or injury, or immediate danger thereof, to the person or property of any other individual.

(b) "Firearm" has the meaning given that term in ORS 166.210.

(c) "Explosive" means a chemical compound, mixture or device that is commonly used or intended for the purpose of producing a chemical reaction resulting in a substantially instantaneous release of gas and heat, including but not limited to dynamite, blasting powder, nitroglycerin, blasting caps and nitrojelly, but excluding fireworks as defined in ORS 480.110 (1), black powder, smokeless powder, small arms ammunition and small arms ammunition primers.

(d) "Law enforcement officer" means any duly constituted police officer of the United States, any state, any political subdivision of a state or the District of Columbia, and also includes members of the military reserve forces or National Guard as defined in 10 U.S.C. 101 (9), members of the organized militia of any state or territory of the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia not included within the definition of National Guard as defined by 10 U.S.C. 101 (9), members of the Armed Forces of the United States and such persons as are defined in ORS 161.015 (4) when in the performance of official duties. [1983 c.792 §2; 1987 c.858 §3; 2001 c.666 §§26,38; 2005 c.830 §27; 2009 c.610 §7]

How do you see this oregon law? Hard to get my head around. Please let me know how you read it.

166.660 Unlawful paramilitary activity. (1) A person commits the crime of unlawful paramilitary activity if the person:

(a) Exhibits, displays or demonstrates to another person the use, application or making of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or any technique capable of causing injury or death to persons and intends or knows that such firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique will be unlawfully employed for use in a civil disorder; or

(b) Assembles with one or more other persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons with the intent to unlawfully employ such firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique in a civil disorder.

(2)(a) Nothing in this section makes unlawful any act of any law enforcement officer performed in the otherwise lawful performance of the officer's official duties.

(b) Nothing in this section makes unlawful any activity of the State Department of Fish and Wildlife, or any activity intended to teach or practice self-defense or self-defense techniques, such as karate clubs or self-defense clinics, and similar lawful activity, or any facility, program or lawful activity related to firearms instruction and training intended to teach the safe handling and use of firearms, or any other lawful sports or activities related to the individual recreational use or possession of firearms, including but not limited to hunting activities, target shooting, self-defense, firearms collection or any organized activity including, but not limited to any hunting club, rifle club, rifle range or shooting range which does not include a conspiracy as defined in ORS 161.450 or the knowledge of or the intent to cause or further a civil disorder.

(3) Unlawful paramilitary activity is a Class C felony.

(a) "Civil disorder" means acts of physical violence by assemblages of three or more persons which cause damage or injury, or immediate danger thereof, to the person or property of any other individual.

(b) "Firearm" has the meaning given that term in ORS 166.210.

(c) "Explosive" means a chemical compound, mixture or device that is commonly used or intended for the purpose of producing a chemical reaction resulting in a substantially instantaneous release of gas and heat, including but not limited to dynamite, blasting powder, nitroglycerin, blasting caps and nitrojelly, but excluding fireworks as defined in ORS 480.110 (1), black powder, smokeless powder, small arms ammunition and small arms ammunition primers.

(d) "Law enforcement officer" means any duly constituted police officer of the United States, any state, any political subdivision of a state or the District of Columbia, and also includes members of the military reserve forces or National Guard as defined in 10 U.S.C. 101 (9), members of the organized militia of any state or territory of the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia not included within the definition of National Guard as defined by 10 U.S.C. 101 (9), members of the Armed Forces of the United States and such persons as are defined in ORS 161.015 (4) when in the performance of official duties. [1983 c.792 §2; 1987 c.858 §3; 2001 c.666 §§26,38; 2005 c.830 §27; 2009 c.610 §7]

Asinine.

I find it great that our rulers can find time to put a halt on the right to assemble but forget to find ways to put in place laws that prevent all these crooks from stealing from the common people...O well i guess everything before us does not matter anymore.... Bonne chance :p

Apparent in the responses you've received in this thread, "militia" has become a bad word thanks to the government and the media sensationalizing acts committed by idiots and criminals involved in any sort of group that involves firearms. It conjurs up images (in most people's minds) of white supremacists, conspiracy theorists, and folks bent on overthrowing...well, something.
You'd probably have better luck (and possibly weed out some of the folks who would be troublemakers) by forming some sort of "sportsmans club", and from there have gatherings to determine which members or applicants are like-minded. From there you could form your "club" of said individuals. They'll probably tell their like-minded friends about it and it can grow.
Advertising a militia is just asking for trouble from the powers that be, and the local kooks that just want a chance to shoot someone, (and possibly a "member" from a local FBI field office to make sure you aren't up to no good.)
One possible way to add some credence and credibility to a militia would be to help out communities with the same types of things the national guard helps out with. Floods, fires, natural disasters, etc.
I dunno, just ideas.

Now that i think of it you are right Doubletap maybe it was my naivety thinking militia meant something good....funny i really never though of anything except a militia regulated by the citizens not government. So ill start a new thread about ideas on local area to state sport clubs :\ Ireally do like this line "One possible way to add some credence and credibility to a militia would be to help out communities with the same types of things the national guard helps out with. Floods, fires, natural disasters, etc." Id be game for that because that is for sure about community.

(a) “Civil disorder” means acts of physical violence by assemblages of three or more persons which cause damage or injury, or immediate danger thereof, to the person or property of any other individual.

As long as "Civil Disorder" isn't on the agenda then there shouldn't be an issue. How the government or law enforcement misleads the courts on your militia's intentions is where you run into problems

Now that i think of it you are right Doubletap maybe it was my naivety thinking militia meant something good....funny i really never though of anything except a militia regulated by the citizens not government. So ill start a new thread about ideas on local area to state sport clubs :\ Ireally do like this line "One possible way to add some credence and credibility to a militia would be to help out communities with the same types of things the national guard helps out with. Floods, fires, natural disasters, etc." Id be game for that because that is for sure about community.

You aren't naieve, you are intelligent and undertand how our founders wanted to structure our country. I totally agree with you about the true meaning of a militia. It's just unfortunate the media has successfully brainwashed the naieve into thinking it means a bunch of trigger-happy hicks that gets a knee-jerk reaction from the public.
I guess the general public is afraid of a group of patriotic citizens that don't take orders from the government.
I don't know if the community service aspect would definitely seal the deal but would let everyone in your county know you are "the good guys" and can be counted on to help out when the government won't, or can't.

A few years ago I did some exploring around the Internet and found a couple of "militia" forums. . What I found was for the most part police hating, dope smoking Rambo wanna-be's. Many of the members were pretty radical and I'm sure the feds were signed on to monitor. I didn't stay long.

We are the militia. Here's current federal law;
US Code, sub title A, part 1, chapter 13 § 311
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/10C13.txt

Quick cut and emphasis added on the above statutes:
.......death to persons and intends or knows that such firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique will be unlawfully employed for use in a civil disorder; or

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top