JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello im pretty new to the forum and i usually keep my ideas to my self but i was thinking about a idea and wanted feedback from forum members. What would members on here think about starting (if there is not one?) a local (city) to county to state militia? I was thinking members start get together with other members from their city's then county's then state to form a three leveled militia for the state? Now i dont mean people that want to play army but people that get together for discussions (Weapons,tactics etc), shooting and some training that is specified for say certain city's and other areas. By this i mean say there is ten fellows from bubblegumty Tacoma (haha jk) but say those guys make a plans and train for the Tacoma area and so on with going from there to county's and to state planning. I guess the reasoning behind this thinking is i see on you tube and on different forums of people saying that if shtf and other events happen that they would be set and ok on their own but im thinking the more the better and also to be just a get together for like minded people. Also this thought in my head on a well regulated militia keeps in my head...granted i do know that the national guard is or was the militia of each individual state but that sounds like a true military (being controlled by the same government who controls the regular military and such). I am saying more of the idea of citizen led militia like the Swiss have even tho im sure their government have a bit of a hand in that i dont know for sure.... but its just a loose idea and was wondering what members would think of a idea like this

gucomili.jpg

Yeah Jordanvraptor one could do that and that is always a option. As i said its just kicking around the idea and what people think of the idea and maybe other ideas that would be better such as yours.

yeah. those who tend to advertise a group like the OP says in newspapers, thrifty nickel, etc.......tend to have a visit or two by the govt agencies lol. Best to keep it under the carpet.

Check out a guy on youtube named southerprepper1 or southernprepperone. He has some pretty good views on local militias. Found a militia site for the Oregon, most of the guys are in southern oregon and in my view they're a little out there

If you are between the ages of 17 and 45, male, and not a member of the military, or excused by religious scruples, you ARE in the militia.

Title 10 USC, 311

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

I think being out there is a requirement for those militia boys. Or a healthy dose of seccessionist wet dreams.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't see anything about being out there or or wet dreams when I read that. Sure you do get some weirdos, but overall the requirement of a militia is a great freedom that we should all feel blessed to have in this country. Unfortunately our government doesn't see it the same way and has conspired with the lame stream media to paint those in the militia movement as paranoid militants....then again maybe I'm just becoming a paranoid militant

Read post #6.

While the 2a text is a nice touch. I don't see where they define "well regulated" as : any random jackwagon with tin foil, and a belief that they need to go play gi Joe at a compound.

Reality is, those are the types making the militias that the op is talking about.

Yeahh for some reason i was thinking more of people that were not just being released from Western State....One-eyed I understand that title 10 but my next door neighbor may not. I was thinking of more of a informed, sane, good intentioned people that want to have plan to defend say the group, area etc. Granted I have seen many take on all comer action moves and i like them but im sure i cant do it alone...wait maybe i can...ahh i can see it now just me in my camo Hungarian poncho with my trusty Mosin Nagant 91/30 fending of (insert which ever enemy here) on top of the Lakewood towne center panera bread eating one of their "sandwiches" sniping away :p... btw I get down to Winlock every once in awhile to shoot at my friends place...nice area

Kinda Funny a guy From Somerville, MA Chiming in. As a refugee From Pittsfield, I am surprised that You are aware of firearms, or even Militias>>>>>You all really need to work on Your firearms Laws and that Gestapo the call the State Police...Just saying..

I seem to recall that any sort of private army, which a militia group might well be defined as, is strictly illegal in Washington? Not going to research it because I think the entire militia mindset is insane.

Seriously, if TSHTF here, I have a group of friends, we all know each other, all know where we live and all know the hardware and ammo each other have. Playing "red dawn" in the woods is a game for idiots. If you want military training, I suggest the U.S Army or Marines.

Those of us that have been in the military should have enough sense to know that the "training" some jerkwad wanna-be is gonna get in a few weekends doesn't begin to match the training, skills, or equipment of a modern, first-world military.

The Iraqis, Vietnamese and Afghanis should have proved to anyone that ANY determined resistance can eventually overcome brute force. Playing soldier in the woods isn't likely to help you, and frankly just makes gun owners look like wackjobs, scaring the bejesus out of the very people we need on our side here in the real world, where gun rights are made on political calculus.

The militias actively damage the HELL out of the second amendment rights I count on.

As i said my intention was not to play army or red dawn (which by the way was such a fake movie being that charlie sheen was not winning back then)...anyways so lets stick to the Afghans its not one that took on the Russians, Its not one that's bogging the U.S. down it was/is a group of them and from what i know they were not formed by a government (well in the beginning ;\). I for one would never try to do something that would give ammo to the rulers to take one more "rights" from us. I am just thinking the idea of community and community to defend our selfs from the stasi or what ever entity that could or may never come. I guess one could depend on the same folks that would come and throw one in jail for not paying a certain tax that would be against a certain man made document that these same people clam to uphold and live/rule by. I am just having ideas of the people taking control of these ideas that were once ours and our responsibly to maintain. These are the same ideas that so many people say they hold dear until the seahawks game is on. HAHA jk im a Montreal Alouettes fan. Its just throwing it out there...

Kinda Funny a guy From Somerville, MA Chiming in. As a refugee From Pittsfield, I am surprised that You are aware of firearms, or even Militias>>>>>You all really need to work on Your firearms Laws and that Gestapo the call the State Police...Just saying..

Pittsfield, glad you got out. Funny that you assume that since I'm located in Somerville that I'm from Somerville. :) So do you have something to say, or are you just grousing about the fact that I'm currently located in a less than optimal place? In case you were confused, I don't need to work on anything here, just saying, that's the purview of the people who have decided to continue living in Mass instead of getting out while the getting is good. :s0155:

At one point MA had it right about militias, and somewhere along the way the people lost their taste for freedom. MA is the "Spirit of America," quite literally, the history attributed to it shows the ghost of what once was a cradle of freedom. Now a days though, when you start talking about militias, you're talking about these Alex Jones drones that crow about the "evil stasi" that's coming to get them nad how taxes are illegal. We see it again and again and again, it's fringe loonies and moonies with an axe to grind, that's all.

Wanting to get together with your friends and shoot together, develop strategies together in case something goes down like Katrina, that's cool, that's good. Buying a bunch of surplus camo, and stockpiling MREs while calling yourselves the "Minutemen" and developing anti-gov manifestos is not cool. It's insane. You're really concerned, I can get you in touch with the Natl. Guard.

ETA - you want the 411 on this militia crap? Fine, you organize, call yourselves something cute, have uniforms. The .gov actually goes full retard. However, since you're not a genius and you didn't cover your tracks well, the BATFE has been on to you since day 2. One night, while you're asleep a small group of hard men come for you. They kill your dogs, break into your house, and set the whole thing on fire after ensuring you can't make it out. You, your guns, your stockpiles, and your family up in flames, all because you wanted to play guerilla.

OR, we continue using the same pages from our School of the Americas playbook, they come in the night, take you. A week later your head is on a bridge as a message to other militants to knock it off.

BOTH of those scenarios are real, it's what WE did down in Central America. It's very effective, and would be used without a second thought, especially against militias that could easily be portrayed as domestic terrorists.

I didn't see anything about playing Red Dawn or Kazynski memos. I did see someone who is concerned about protecting themselves and their community about the very stuff that either tickles you or you fear (I can't tell from your wording) in Central America

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top