JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't know if anyone else is noticing this, but it seem like EVERYTHING from Remington is showing discontinued. In the past few days I've received notifications about shotgun barrels, magazines and now components. This is just another squall in the perfect storm. The new price on the above is close...just move the decimal point over to the right one place.:(
Just received an e-mail from Midway USA that Remington Small Pistol Primers had also been discontinued.

Remington did get sold off due to bankruptcy end of September. The new owners are probably just culling some SKUs right now, but over time we will probably see items come back.

Don't move to UK - ALL of the UK has the same gun laws with regards to ammunition.

However, it is a nice place to visit. Ok so what your saying is DONT try to bring in some ammo for my Dairy farmer buddy over there. ;) He actually told me about the laws, he has a licensed .270 rifle (it been on his farm longer than him) and shared he has to show the inspector his spent rounds. Dispatch a sick cow and the bullet takes more paperwork than the dead cow! Not sure if that is true but that is his joke.

However, it is a nice place to visit. Ok so what your saying is DONT try to bring in some ammo for my Dairy farmer buddy over there. ;) He actually told me about the laws, he has a licensed .270 rifle (it been on his farm longer than him) and shared he has to show the inspector his spent rounds. Dispatch a sick cow and the bullet takes more paperwork than the dead cow! Not sure if that is true but that is his joke.

He is jerking your chain. If he has a .270 then it will be for the one and only predator that lives in UK that has four legs - the fox. It's more likely that he has permission to shoot over his own land [yes, you have to have permission in UK, but in Germany, you can't even do that]. There is absolutely NO reason on earth why he has to show anybody his spent rounds, least of all a police officer. In order for the police officer to even check his guns out, he either needs permission from the gun-owner, OR a search warrant, with what you call in the USA 'just cause'.

I have NEVER had a check on my firearms - ever. Any police officer knocking on my door saying that he needed to see my guns would be asked to go away and come back with a search warrant.

He is NOT permitted, BTW, to despatch a sick cow using his rifle. THAT is illegal, and is it why large animal veterinarians in this country do the job instead. His Firearms Certificate will be issued to him for the purpose of deer-stalking/pest control or it might be what is called an 'open' license, which means that he can shoot it on a range, or on any land where he has a permission to do so. Humane despatch is another category of firearms licensing, and does not exist to allow people to shoot their livestock with a sporting or pest control firearm.

If you can figure a way of getting your buddy some cheap ammunition by bringing it into the country, then go for it. You WILL get caught - trust me.

It's true that the UK is a nice place to visit - just as well you like it, as you'll likely be extending your stay by as much as five years, the usual start-off hand-down for illegally trafficking in arms and ammunition.

He is jerking your chain. If he has a .270 then it will be for the one and only predator that lives in UK that has four legs - the fox. It's more likely that he has permission to shoot over his own land [yes, you have to have permission in UK, but in Germany, you can't even do that]. There is absolutely NO reason on earth why he has to show anybody his spent rounds, least of all a police officer. In order for the police officer to even check his guns out, he either needs permission from the gun-owner, OR a search warrant, with what you call in the USA 'just cause'.

I have NEVER had a check on my firearms - ever. Any police officer knocking on my door saying that he needed to see my guns would be asked to go away and come back with a search warrant.

He is NOT permitted, BTW, to despatch a sick cow using his rifle. THAT is illegal, and is it why large animal veterinarians in this country do the job instead. His Firearms Certificate will be issued to him for the purpose of deer-stalking/pest control or it might be what is called an 'open' license, which means that he can shoot it on a range, or on any land where he has a permission to do so. Humane despatch is another category of firearms licensing, and does not exist to allow people to shoot their livestock with a sporting or pest control firearm.

If you can figure a way of getting your buddy some cheap ammunition by bringing it into the country, then go for it. You WILL get caught - trust me.

It's true that the UK is a nice place to visit - just as well you like it, as you'll likely be extending your stay by as much as five years, the usual start-off hand-down for illegally trafficking in arms and ammunition.

Oregon humor Tac. I would never try to carry anything firearm related out of the country. Yrs ago on run up to Canada I remembered I had a loaded Glock 23 mag in my center Console. Not Gun just the mag. I turned around and found a post office to ship it back to my house. I was over an hour late (and I Despise being late) to meet up with person selling a truck but way better than risking it braking the Canadian laws.

Canada has some wacky gun laws, for sure. Like the 5-round limit magazine, also adopted by the Republic of Ireland a few years back. There it means that ALL revolvers have to have one chamber filled in and magazines have to be pinned. Guess they never figured out that that makes it into a six-shooter.......

Another crazy Canadian law is the one that makes it compulsory to have an inter-provincial firearms transfer license because Canada is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big. One of the reasons why, when I'm back home with the family in Ontario, I don''t go visit with Rob in far-off BC - I'd need FOUR such permits to carry firearms across the country. Don't get me started about the minimum handgun barrel length - a bit like your '68 act, but worse. It makes EVERY single standard barrel length Luger ever made into an illegal firearm - by ONE millimeter. Makes sense to somebody, no doubt.

Last Edited:
I have not heard of the law against six shot revolvers in Canada - only the issue with regards to barrel length being 105mm. I can't find anything online about six shots in handguns either, only semi-autos.

Either way, being from the US, I probably would never be taking a handgun into Canada anyway.

Either way, being from the US, I probably would never be taking a handgun into Canada anyway.

Funny story...

Back in the late 70's, when I was a wee lad, my stepdad took me , my mom, and my little brother on a family vacation up North into Canada in our `74 Dodge pickup with a camper on it.

Dad was a young cop back then, and the idea of going on a road trip without a firearm just didn't sit right with him. We went through the checkpoint at the border, and when the Mountie asked my dad if he had any firearms, he replied confidently that he didn't.

We were waved through uneventfully and drove well past dark until we found a camp spot off the road a few hundred yards back in the woods.

We all went to sleep in the camper, and about an hour or so later, were awoken by the sound of vehicles. Then music.

Apparently, the spot dad had chosen was a favorite party spot for miscreant Canadian youths. Soon, we were surrounded by about a dozen vehicles, with a bonfire blazing, and a heck of a party.

Mom was freaking out while dad assured her we would be fine and to just try to sleep. Well, some party-goers decided to come over and starting banging on the hood of our pickup and yelling for us to wake up and party.

While mom was continuing to freak out and insist that dad got us out of there, he had reached up under the sink and retrieved a small pistol that he had duct-taped to the inside of the cabinet.

He pulled out what must have been some sort of snub-nosed H&R .38 and proceeded to take the tape off. Mom was not impressed with his selection of defensive weapon and berated him for both bringing in a weapon illegally, and then not bringing one more impressive. When one of the grips came off with the duct tape, she was even more hysterical.

Dad got it put back together and stuffed it in his pants, then exited the camper and fired up the truck and left the party spot with no further issues.

I was only about ten years old, but the incident left quite the impression on me as I have never taken my family on vacation without a decent weapon, and have never taken them to Canada, or anywhere else I couldn't go well-armed.

I have not heard of the law against six shot revolvers in Canada - only the issue with regards to barrel length being 105mm. I can't find anything online about six shots in handguns either, only semi-autos.

'adopted by the Republic of Ireland a few years back. There it means that ALL revolvers have to have one chamber filled in and [semi-auto] magazines have to be pinned.'

And with regard to semi-autos, with five shots in a magazine and putting one in the chamber, in Ireland, they would have a six-shot handgun - totally illegal, of course!

I crossed into Canada a long time ago, the border was in NE Washington. The border agent found 1 lonely 22 shell under the seat. I was asked numerous times about crossing border with a gun and I told them numerous times I didn't have a gun with me. They tore my car apart, found a full can of black label beer, it has been there so long the paint was wore off,I told them to take the 22 shell and can of beer, they agreed and left, mind you everything in my car was scattered all over. :mad:

Newbie has lot's of freedom pills but still likes to visit the local stores and get a feel for the supply.

Visited three box stores close to me today.

First was Bi-mart
Great selection Hunting rounds, AR, 9MM, .22 and Shot gun.
Many prices were down from 2021.

Second was Big-5 (just for a laugh)
Lots of stuff and the INSANE prices should keep them stocked up until the next scare.

Third was Sportsmans
They had many hunting rounds plus 223, 556, 22, 9, 40, 380, 12 gauge and more.
Not sure what is going on with their Jacking up of the 9mm prices.

I think the online deals combined with less people purchasing has helped with the brick and mortar inventory levels.

here in UK we can't walk into a store and buy all the ammo we can see
I have a sinking feeling of inevitability about this. Already in California, they have the background check for ammo in place. It cannot be long before some bored state legislator comes up with limits on quantities owned. The limiting factor might be enforcement ability. The scale of ownership here is so much greater than in UK, the burden of government verification would be an obstacle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top