JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Spanish Destroyer in 9×19㎜ Luger being threaded, and slicked up, at the present with a gunsmith. The barrel length is around 19½". Title kind of says it; recommendations on loads for this setup? Thanks!

Pictures?

Yes.

pequeno-mauser-de-espana-jpg.790248

pequeno-mauser-de-espana1-jpg.790249

:)

What is your intended goal with your loads? Subs? Supers?

Subsonics if possible. Or at least quieter. Just plinking really.

Is it converted to 9mm Luger or is it in 9mm Largo? I've got one, too, but it is in the original Largo

This one was one of the small number build in 9×19㎜ Luger at the factory, rather than a conversion.

Gotcha.

That's going be a bit more difficult.

Some subsonic factory stuff can go super in longer barrels.

I'd say stick to heavy for caliber specialty loads like those from Freedom Munitions.

Look for loads marketed at 800 feet per second.

Roll your own, and the skies the limit.

I had a bad experiance with Freedom Munitions and won't buy from them again. Few years ago I bought a couple thousand rounds of, if I recall correctly, 147gr reman. I mean, it's reman ammo but it's comming from a legit company so I thought why not?. Well, I did not have a chronograph at the time but half the rounds were probably technically squibs. Velocity all over the place. On several occasions I took my gun apart to check for barrel obstructions some were so bad. I think I made a thread with some pictures a few years ago

Gotcha.

That's going be a bit more difficult.

Some subsonic factory stuff can go super in longer barrels.

I'd say stick to heavy for caliber specialty loads like those from Freedom Munitions.

Look for loads marketed at 800 feet per second.

Roll your own, and the skies the limit.

If you roll your own:

I load 165gr xtreme bullets with 2.8gr of titegroup. They chrono at 775FPS in a Glock 17L. An idea of a ~800FPS load.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top