JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unsafe. The cartridge is about 1/8" shorter so the pressures would be totally unsafe. Heck, I've been drinking and know better.
Please tell me I've had too much and don't know how to read................
PM me, I have some 357 brass that'll help I think

If you search around there are several bullets that are designed for just that purpose with two crimp grooves. .357 is longer than .38 to prevent use in a .38 revolver not because the case itself is not suited for the pressure there are loads that have been used for years using the above bullet loaded long in a .38 case to .357 pressures.
The bullet is Lyman #358156 which was designed by Ray Thompson to allow loading .357 loads in the .38 Spl. case. By crimping .357 brass in the upper groove (nearest the point) and .38 Spl. in the lower groove both cases have the same effective capacity.(This is a quote from elsewhere on the web I have no personal experience with this load as all my .38 loads are light target loads)

Probably not a good idea at .357 velocity but may be a good bullet choice for what you are wanting to do.

A little interesting reading on the subject

.357 load in .38 case - Shooters Forum

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews