JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Which round are we talking about here? The RUM round or the Win Mag round?
I had a 30-338Win mag based match rifle in the mid-late '80s. I remember getting my loads out of the Sierra binder, and using I4350 for 190grSMKs and Norma's MRP for 200gr SMKs, both with CCI's magnum primers.
The gun was amazingly accurate with those loads, shooting oversized single-hole groups at 200yds. Velocities for the 200gr were just a tad over 3K fps.
The problem with it was, that it killed on both ends. 20+ rounds and I was flinching so bad the groups opened way up.
If this is the Win Mag based case, the brass isn't bad, and can be made by necking up 7mm Rem Mag brass.
For 180gr bullets, I would start with 63grains of IMR4350, and work up.
The amazing bullet in mine was the 168gr SMK of the day. I could push those puppies over 3200! It made for a really flat shooting round, but it didn't seem to kick any less :(

What receiver is this gun built on, and how long is the barrel?

I guess I forgot to mention the Brass. I am making them from 7mm mag brass. I will be annealing them before neck sizing.

The rifle is a 03 Springfield 24inch barrel Ser# 98XXXX. The story goes, it was built by a gunsmith in the Tigard area.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top