JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the help of a friend who has a Dillon press, I'm going to load some 10mm for my g29. (I bought some of the pieces needed so he can load for his 40S&W.) Questions, for now, are regarding powder - what brand and where do ya find it.

Ideas, anyone?

Longshot is my favorite powder but none to be found locally (just ordered a keg) bluedot is second fav for pushing 180gr bullets at high speed.

There are many good loads for the 10mm, it's one of my favorite.. not sure if thsi will paste and format correctly, however the link is also attached: http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpage_handgun.asp?CaliberID=13

10mm Automatic

Introduced in 1983 in the ill fated Bren Ten autoloading pistol, the 10mm Auto has quickly become one of the most successful cartridges developed during this century. The idea originated with Whit Collins, who assisted in the project by John Adams, Irving Stone, and Jeff Cooper, but the credit for keeping this .40 caliber cartridge alive during its youth has to og to Colt for giving it a permanent home in the excellent Delta Elite version of its famous 1911 Government Model pistol. During 1990, the 10mm Auto gained even more credibility as a self defense cartridge when the FBI abandoned the 9mm Parabellum and officially adopted the larger caliber. Other law enforcement agencies are sure to follow suit. In addition to being an excellent self defense cartridge, the 10mm is powerful enough for use on deer size game at close to medium ranges. This especially holds true when it is loaded to maximum velocities with the heavier bullets and fired in a custom barrel from Bar-Sto, Wilson, or Centaur Systems. When the 150 and 155 grain bullets are down loaded to 1200 fps, the 10mm becomes an excellent cartridge for USPSA/IPSC competition with about the same level of recoil as that of the .38 Super. Recent tests with a Colt Delta Elite fitted with a Centaur barrel and compensator produced consistent accuracy of less than four inches at 50 yards.

This text is based on information from "Cartridges of the World", Hodgdon reloading manual, the cartridge designer and/or own resources.

Help supporting this site and visit our sponsors by clicking their banners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show all 6 loads

To narrow your search, choose the desired bullet weight, bullet name, or powder.

Bullet weight: Bullet name: Powder:
135 grs
155 grs
175 grs
180 grs
200 grs
Hornady JHP
Norma FMJ
Nosler
Speer Gold Dot
Unspecified Semi Wadcutter
Alliant Blue Dot
Alliant Unique
Hodgdon Universal Clays
IMR Hi-Skor 800-X
Norma R123

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not yet verified user loads
ID: Bullet weight: Bullet name: Powder:
214 180 grs
Hornady XTP JHP IMR Hi-Skor 800-X
267 155 grs
Hornady XTP Alliant Blue Dot
290 170 grs
Lead with teflon Vectan Ba9
298 155 grs
Hornady XTP Alliant Blue Dot
338 180 grs
Hornady XTP Winchester WSF
339 180 grs
Hornady XTP Hodgdon Longshot
422 155 grs
Barnes XPB Long Shot
489 165 grs
Berry's plated FP Alliant Unique
490 180 grs
Speer TMJ FP Alliant Power Pistol
512 135 grs
Nosler Accurate #7
513 150 grs
Sierra Accurate #7
523 165 grs
rainier win.231
570 165 grs
Montana Gold JHP IMR 800X
571 200 grs
Hornady XTP JHP IMR 800X

Bluedot is popular, I am using Power Pistol now. Can be had at PDX GunShow. Theres one coming up. They had a lot of 10mm cases and slugs too.

From the research I did for 10mm reloading. You want to seat the bullet in one step. Then crimp it in a seperate step. You don't want to do both at the same time. So a single stage press may be better for the 10mm. I've never used a Dillon, so I don't know how many steps/dies on a tool head. Just sayin,,,:)

Bluedot is popular, I am using Power Pistol now. Can be had at PDX GunShow. Theres one coming up. They had a lot of 10mm cases and slugs too.

From the research I did for 10mm reloading. You want to seat the bullet in one step. Then crimp it in a seperate step. You don't want to do both at the same time. So a single stage press may be better for the 10mm. I've never used a Dillon, so I don't know how many steps/dies on a tool head. Just sayin,,,:)

Looked around for powder and brass the last week. No brass at any retailers so far. But, all of the BiMarts had good stock of Bluedot. The Eugene show is coming up in two weeks so will look there for brass.

Thanks for the info!

dillon has a crimping die and room for it on the tool head and it works fine but i've used other dies that seat and crimp in one die and they worked fine also.

dillon has a crimping die and room for it on the tool head and it works fine but i've used other dies that seat and crimp in one die and they worked fine also.

I'll be using a friend's Dillon 550b. We're waiting for the caliber conversion kit and die to arrive. Cabelas has 10mm brass, Winchester bulk, but is more expensive than about anyone else.

With the help of a friend who has a Dillon press, I'm going to load some 10mm for my g29. (I bought some of the pieces needed so he can load for his 40S&W.) Questions, for now, are regarding powder - what brand and where do ya find it.

Ideas, anyone?

-----------------------------------
A couple ;)
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Everything fell into place this week---the last thing was the caliber conversion kit for the press that arrived at Straight Shooters last Tuesday. I spent the day today loading - the only negative was I had no access to a chrono. ARPC's is gone, rumored to have been shot by someone.

So:
Bullet is Hornady 155 gr XTP JHP, powder was Accurate #7 that I found at Wholesale Sports in Salem. Brass was just about everything from new to shot once (unloaded 'em myself with my g29 ammo processor).

Started mild with 12 gr of powder and those shot okay, just a bit more lively than some Remington UMC that I had. Went up 1 gr to 13, which was well below the specs for for the Hornady round and am happy with that.

Ended up using the whole pound of powder loading a few more than 500 rounds today.

Looking forward to the day that I have access to a chrono. May have to beg, borrow or buy one!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top