JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reference Post #14, as someone else was diligent enough to point out..... The (In OR/ID) portion

I am competent in english, both reading and comprehension. The question I answered was post by a WA member who stated "I am going to make one of the setups soon". I understand he asked about how it worked in ID/OR as it is stated in his post. Maybe he only plans on taking his toy to ID/OR but I am guessing at some point it might be in WA...............

I was just clarifying at what point it was legal or not since his post was not clear if he just wanted a can with ammo or if he wanted the actual belt in the gun.

a question i have pondered also but until i know for sure why not just unload it,keep it out of reach from driver seat,and seperate bullets from the gun and case completely just to be safe?
i do know if you have any loaded rifle within 1000 feet of a school your finished...hope your not near a school when you get pulled over on your way home from hunting.
i do have a chl but dont want to lose it so i just unload my rifle when i get out of my hunting area

a question i have pondered also but until i know for sure why not just unload it,keep it out of reach from driver seat,and seperate bullets from the gun and case completely just to be safe?
i do know if you have any loaded rifle within 1000 feet of a school your finished...hope your not near a school when you get pulled over on your way home from hunting.
i do have a chl but dont want to lose it so i just unload my rifle when i get out of my hunting area

Interesting. Do you have a link to that law?

I have loaded rifles on school property quite often and it is not a problem.

i dont have a link,i was just told that by an ffl in hillsburrito(willamette valley firearms)after buying my ar10,he had to also place a lock on the case to let me leave with it.this may be for his own laws as an ffl due to the fact that his shop was within 1000ft of a school??

i dont have a link,i was just told that by an ffl in hillsburrito(willamette valley firearms)after buying my ar10,he had to also place a lock on the case to let me leave with it.this may be for his own laws as an ffl due to the fact that his shop was within 1000ft of a school??

You might want to read up on your OR laws yourself so you can see exactly what is an is not illegal in your state. I can tell you a lot of facts about WA from reading and rereading our laws, but not much about OR.

My main point being you need to read the laws for yourself not just go on what someone told you. LEO's and FFL's are well known for their lack of truly knowing many gun laws.

The way it is written and they way they want it interpreted are two different things.
Kind of like the open carry law being interpreted in Seattle.They don't want you to do it

But it doesn't actually say it 's illegal in WA
RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places

The way it is written and they way they want it interpreted are two different things.
Kind of like the open carry law being interpreted in Seattle.They don't want you to do it

But it doesn't actually say it 's illegal in WA
RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places

Correct the law says it is illegal and it IS illegal, unless you meet one or more of the exemptions. If it was illegal and that was the end of the law LEO's would not be able to have guns on school grounds.

The main place I have guns on school property I fall under 3 of the exemptions.

But to just say it is illegal is not correct. This is true for many laws, you need to read the WHOLE law to see what is actually illegal.

You might want to read up on your OR laws yourself so you can see exactly what is an is not illegal in your state. I can tell you a lot of facts about WA from reading and rereading our laws, but not much about OR.

My main point being you need to read the laws for yourself not just go on what someone told you. LEO's and FFL's are well known for their lack of truly knowing many gun laws.

I was at a gun shop discussing legal carry with a guy that was new to hand guns and carrying.The guy behind the counter said to ask a cop,I laughed and said they don't know the laws,read them yourself.

Correct the law says it is illegal and it IS illegal, unless you meet one or more of the exemptions. If it was illegal and that was the end of the law LEO's would not be able to have guns on school grounds.

But to just say it is illegal is not correct. This is true for many laws, you need to read the WHOLE law to see what is actually illegal.

This is the link I was looking for
RCW 9.41.280: Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities
And it's about the same as 9.41.050 and 9.41.060, saying one thing and then exempting most of it

If it was illegal and that was the end of the law LEO's would not be able to have guns on school grounds.

oh please!...i dont think the guy with the question was a cop.so your saying if a citizen cant carry a gun at a school then a cop cant either?i think either you very wrong or washington is very different than oregon.
in oregon even a chl holder cant carry in a federal office such as post office so does that mean a cop cant either?

I always love the OR/WA debate/confusion that comes out of posts like this. Can we own guns or not? It should be the same in all 50 states. Oh, except California, it should just fall into the ocean already.

In OR you are legal to have a loaded gun (long or pistol) as long as it is not concealed. Some cities (Portland, Beaverton, Eugene etc) have ordinances that make loaded magazines/guns illegal without a CHL. If you have a CHL you are covered.

Despite the title CHL; the ORS laws associated use the term 'firearm' and therefore cover long guns as well.

There is a federal law that makes a 1000' of a school issue. I read up on it once but off the top of my head I can't remember why it doesn't hold water.

In WA it is legal to have a loaded magazine but it must be detateched from the rifle and no round in the chamber. If you want to carry a rifle caliber 'cocked n locked' look into a draco.

BTW welcome to the forum.

oh please!...i dont think the guy with the question was a cop.so your saying if a citizen cant carry a gun at a school then a cop cant either?i think either you very wrong or washington is very different than oregon.
in oregon even a chl holder cant carry in a federal office such as post office so does that mean a cop cant either?

That is not what I said or even close so I will give you a second try at this.

What I said was IF the law said "It is illegal to have guns on school property" and that was ALL the law said then it would be illegal for ANYONE to have gun there. LEO are NOT exempt from the law. Having a badge does not mean they can just do whatever they want when they want. Lucky for us and LEO's that is NOT what the law says here in WA. Here is what WA law say, RCW 9.41.280: Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities and section 3h is how LEO can LEGALLY take their guns on school grounds.

Again you have to read the WHOLE law to find out exactly what is legal and illegal.

Again I am not up on OR law so YOU will have to look up YOUR state laws if you want to know exactly what is legal in OR. In WA there is no law stating you can not CCW in the PO or Federal office, OR may be different. Again if it is illegal to have gun in the PO how do you figure they can ship them................. KNOWING the laws will make life much easier for you.

Well I believe the Post offices sing kinda trumps whether Oregon says you can carry in a PO or not,and I just read it again,it says you can't carry in there

Well I believe the Post offices sing kinda trumps whether Oregon says you can carry in a PO or not,and I just read it again,it says you can't carry in there

What law does the sign quote and what is the WHOLE law? If it is illegal to have firearms in there how can you ship them.........:)

What law does the sign quote and what is the WHOLE law? If it is illegal to have firearms in there how can you ship them.........:)
good question.i would say there is a stipulation to that such as enter the post office without the gun,talk to the post master about what you have and explain what you want to do(ship weapon)you may need to remove the bolt or slide?allow post master to tell you how to bring weapon in so there is no threat?who knows but the law is directed towards carrying a loaded weapon in a post office as an open carry or concealed carry,if your shipping it it is a different scenerio all together.
all i know is oregon does not allow concealed carry into any federal building (social security office,police station or post office or any other federal establishment)

Not exactly sure how your intending to go here.

In WA based on WA laws it would be legal for you to have the can (which is not a magazine) with a loaded belt (belt is the "feeding device") in the can mounted to the cradle. This would be no different then having a mag in a stock pouch or in a Redi-Mag holder on the gun (since it is not "inserted" in the firearm).

If you insert the belt (feeding device) into the firearm then it would be illegal.

That is exactly what I thought about WA but I wanted to hear from you guys too before I ever do it, and I also want to hear about ID/OR law

I will be mounting an RPD/PKM on the top of the roll cage like a war wagon.. mostly just cause I can do it :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top