JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I read it it's against the law to have a loaded magazine in public in Portland without a CCP?

14A.60.010
B. It is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess or carry a firearm and that firearm's clip or magazine, in or upon a public place, including while in a vehicle in a public place, recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the clip or magazine.

with your Concealed Handgun License you can carry a gun loaded in public anywhere in the state. Meaning you can have one in the pipe, and a loaded mag in the gun but please keep it holstered. YOU WILL GET FU**ED WITH BY THE COPS. Some cops are cool and some have little peckers so they will try to tell you otherwise. If you have your license just tell them to get on their fancy laptops in their cop cars and look up oregon law 166.173 section C and 166.370 section D and that will show that you have the right to open carry loaded in public. Now private property is different and i'm not gonna get into that............ Be cool and and stand your ground. And if you get arrested because the cop is an idiot then the police department could have a law suit on their hands hahahahahaha good luck.

I am going to work on getting my Oregon CCP. Now that I no longer reside in PDX but in the couve. I still have a business in PDX so I guess its a little bit more involved for a non resident bordering state permit. I do still have property near the estacada area but its unimporved "no power or phone".

I am going to work on getting my Oregon CCP. Now that I no longer reside in PDX but in the couve. I still have a business in PDX so I guess its a little bit more involved for a non resident bordering state permit. I do still have property near the estacada area but its unimporved "no power or phone".
You can and should attain a CPL from Washington and a CHL from Oregon. this will allow you to carry in both states.

You can and should attain a CPL from Washington and a CHL from Oregon. this will allow you to carry in both states.

My Washington is on the way.

I was at my local watering hole in Portland I seen a old highschool friend hadn't seen in years. He was carrying being a Washington resident. He said he was denied last year with the letter he wrote stating compelling business so he contacted an attorney "could not remember attorneys name" he paid firearms attorney about $100 for a consultation fee and to write his letter was done in 1 day by his legal aid "he is going to see if he has a copy of it" it was 2 pages of Legaleze about compelling business etc. He went to the same county he was declined in and was approved.

He recommended to do it this way that way it's proper the first time and the wait to get an appointment is a nightmare.

Any thoughts or recommendations on good firearms attorney to have a letter written. Or any sample letters online?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top