JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a stainless Tikka T3 in 7mm Rem Mag that shoots the 162 eldx into little bitty groups at 2980 fps or so. I recently bought a stainless Howa 1500 in the same chambering from a friend and now I'm working up a load. I'm focusing on the 160 Accubond because why not.

4298D4EB-6999-4B2C-9089-690A0EB2FD4B.jpeg
That's six rounds each, 69.0 grains Reloader 26, at 4 different depths. I started by just kissing the lands, then seated 0.040" deeper three times. This is my usual technique to find accuracy and it hasn't failed me yet. Weather permitting I'll give it a go tomorrow.

p

The weather cooperated today and I hit the range for my first-ever outing with the Howa. I used the eyeball method to boresight at 50 yards and the first shot was 2" low and a bit left. Up 10 clicks and the second shot hit close to the bull. Good enough for 100 yards.

When I perform seating depth tests I start with the shortest rounds first. If I find accuracy short I can always resize long into short, the other way not so much.

The first test was 2.697" and 5 shots went into a hair over .8".

2288CBBD-CC83-448F-95F1-6A200A109F11.jpeg
I should have stopped there, as this combo was the most accurate of the bunch. I'm not really thrilled by .8" so I'm going to resize the leftovers by .02" and another set another .02" before I settle with .8". I adjusted the scope right 4 and down 8.

Still, not bad for my first outing.

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews