JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You don't need heavier than the 87's for goats. (and try the 85g Ballistic Tip). Another .25 favorite of mine for Antelope is the 90gr Sierra Hollowpoint. This is a game bullet (not a varmint bullet) with a stout jacket and has served me well now for over 50 years.
Plus , ( 100 to 115 grn bullet ) . 25x45 in AR15 .. if loading the heavier/longer 100-115 grn. , fitting in a AR15 magazine dimensions . he will disappointed with losing FPS.Vel. , With the restricted COAL of the AR Magazine, when you having to seat Longer bullet Deep in Case, and eating up usable powder volume .

I want to thank every one for there help and info. I will look around and try to find some 85 gr Ballistic tip or 90 gr. Sierra hollow point. I do have some 87 gr.

I bring you the .350 Legend.
View attachment 1035585
:s0155:
According to Wiki....

The .350 Legend shares many characteristics with the .223 Remington, the overall cartridge length is 2.26 inches (57 mm) long with a rim diameter of .378 inches (9.6 mm), but it is not derived from the .223 Remington. Because of its similarities to the .223 Remington and 5.56 mm NATO, the .350 Legend is suitable for use in AR-15 type semiautomatic rifles, although it will not fit in standard AR-15 magazines without modification.

Looking for load data to use for 25/45 sharps using 115 gr. Nosler boat tail bullets. Did a search but came up empty.
Did you figure out a load yet? This discussion was around a 117gr Hornady round nose in 25-45 Sharps. It may help give you a ballpark to work from. I am interested in this cartridge now for some odd reason.

I bring you the .350 Legend.
View attachment 1035585
:s0155:
No.

Joe

Did you figure out a load yet? This discussion was around a 117gr Hornady round nose in 25-45 Sharps. It may help give you a ballpark to work from. I am interested in this cartridge now for some odd reason.

LOLHAhahah .... ( 10-thing wrong with 25 sharps ) .. that ' Hit Piece ' of trash writing that still floats out there in the internet search . that I am convinced was 'encouraged' by AAC when it came in direct competition against their advertising marketing push for their 300BLK .

I just worked up another 250 Brass last week for the .25 x 45 for loading up some 75 vmax and 87 grain speer '
.25 x 45 .. KicksAsss in a AR platform . Years of doing variant Cal's with AR x45 , and I only have praise for 25 x 45 .
the sweet spot is using 75 grn to 87 grn. bullet weight in an AR for higher Vel.speeds .
Case work ( Neck-up ) from .224 to .25 , is one of the easiest out there . get a few cases dialed in with the Wilson Case Gauge for size check , and It is literally just 1-Stroke of the Press with .223 Brass neck-up , and your done .

LOLHAhahah .... ( 10-thing wrong with 25 sharps ) .. that ' Hit Piece ' of trash writing that still floats out there in the internet search . that I am convinced was 'encouraged' by AAC when it came in direct competition against their advertising marketing push for their 300BLK .

I just worked up another 250 Brass last week for the .25 x 45 for loading up some 75 vmax and 87 grain speer '
.25 x 45 .. KicksAsss in a AR platform . Years of doing variant Cal's with AR x45 , and I only have praise for 25 x 45 .
the sweet spot is using 75 grn to 87 grn. bullet weight in an AR for higher Vel.speeds .
Case work ( Neck-up ) from .224 to .25 , is one of the easiest out there . get a few cases dialed in with the Wilson Case Gauge for size check , and It is literally just 1-Stroke of the Press with .223 Brass neck-up , and your done .
Have you tried any 117gr loads?

No . I have stayed under the 90 grn. weight with .25's . I just trying to keep good Vel. speed with a shorter 16" barrel , plus with suppressor on it still a manageable length .
I like to stay right around 2700 vel.. with 87's , and I just normally shoot the 87 Speer TNT's for target paper and dogs .

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top