JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I have another question for reloading purposes what is the highest pressure you guys would recommend for reloading.22tcm I have a custom carbine chambered in it and I would like to load a bit hotter than factory ammo given that it's a .223 case cut and necked back down to the .224 bullet would it still be capable of handling up to the 55,000 psi the .223 Remington is capable of over the 40,000 psi that the factory armscor ammo is loaded? What is you guys thoughts on this?

Do you have magazine fitment issues with standard ar mags? Great info thank you very much
Sorry to lead you astray. I don't own a .25 Sharps, but the conversation led me to look up the .25 cal bullets.
I think I was already at the Sierra website, looking at something else, and thtat's why I mentioned those bullets.
Amazing how different the BC's are between those two, though.
As for your other question, I don't think shortening the case is going to affect its peak pressure. It might make it a little easier to hit that mark, but the pressure limit should still be the same.

Sorry to lead you astray. I don't own a .25 Sharps, but the conversation led me to look up the .25 cal bullets.
I think I was already at the Sierra website, looking at something else, and thtat's why I mentioned those bullets.
Amazing how different the BC's are between those two, though.
As for your other question, I don't think shortening the case is going to affect its peak pressure. It might make it a little easier to hit that mark, but the pressure limit should still be the same.
Lol it's all good I know the .25x45 sharps can't exceed like 2.40 OAL and that's why I said I wanted to keep it between the 87 and 100 grain range bc isn't terrible for the 87grainer at .3 BC but it's not meant to be a 1000 yard cartridge
... Sweet so I should be able to load a touch hotter on the .22tcm I will be watching for over pressure on my brass for sure though wanna keep it safe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top