JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold via Gunbroker to someone local! small world

I'm selling my Remington 700 Etronx 22-250. $1100 with 194 rounds of Etronx ammo.
This is a discontinued rifle and ammo. Whether you consider it rare or collectible, you should agree with me it is unique. The problem that electric primers solve is shortening the lock time making this rifle very accurate for off-hand shooting.

When Remington discontinued the Etronx, I decided to keep this as a project where I would replace the trigger, bolt, and stock with normal 22-250 parts. While I might still do that if this doesn't sell, I figured I should see if someone else wants it more than me.

I have fired 6 rounds through this rifle to get an estimate of accuracy potential. 2 rounds for scope sigh-in and 4 rounds for a first group. I was starting the break in cycle so I decided to halt shooting as soon as the group opened up which happened on round 6. Before that, the group was very decent indeed for a factory rifle. I didn't bring cleaning supplies so I took the rifle home for cleaning then other shooting projects kept bumping the Etronx project the back burner.

I know many of you will have questions on how this rifle works. I'm happy to respond to questions and for those with more initiative here's the link to the manual:
https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/Model700etronx.pdf

I'm including the test target from April 2001 and a copy of the magazine that sparked my interest.

There are a few of these rifles listed on Gun Broker as is the ammo.
My price is below the lowest price for both rifle and ammo.

E-tronx Box.jpg E-tronx Label.jpg E-tronx Magazine.jpg E-tronx Target.jpg

I will list this on a few other forums eventually. For now, it is only listed here.

Thanks for looking

REm 700 Etronx Serial Number.jpg

Last Edited:
This is a wacky item I'd enjoy having just for the oddity, though I don't know how often you'd ever get to shoot it.

Wow. I read the manual.
Didn't realize I had to long of a lock time using regular primers....
Different animal for sure.
GLWS

Wow. I read the manual.
Didn't realize I had to long of a lock time using regular primers....
Different animal for sure.
GLWS
The firing pin travel time of conventional ammo allows the point of aim time to move. I think this idea of using electric primers was better than rocket propelled bullets or 90 degree barrels for shooting around corners. It is weird putting a battery in your rifle though :)

If you reload, etronx primers are still available, albeit spendy...
They were expensive compared to percussion primers when the rifle first launched. The prices never came down. The ammo wasn't too expensive while you could buy the rifle but prices shot up when they discontinued it. I always wondered if the primer prices contributed to the lack of interest. Now if the ammo had laser tracking and would home in on a red dot like little hellfires, they would have had more interest :)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.