JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This song (or interlude) Is what I call, the very soundtrack of the days we are living. I do believe that is John Walsh's voice at the beginning from America's Most Wanted. We are living in a time in history where, it could very well be the last chapter to the beginning of the end. We are living in precarious times. This is why I don't watch TV. You turn it on all you see are death and despair. Or biased reporting as a whole. This was from Scarface's The Diary album from over 23 years ago. Every time I hear this I get goosebumps on my back. It'll raise the hair on the back of your
neck.

<broken link removed>

no, it won't.

Prove it then. ↑[URL='https://www.northwestfirearms.com/goto/post?id=1442642#post-1442642']↑[URL='https://www.northwestfirearms.com/goto/post?id=1442642#post-1442642']↑[URL='https://www.northwestfirearms.com/goto/post?id=1442642#post-1442642']↑ [/URL][/URL][/URL]Instead of a failed and rude attempt to belittle my thoughts. That is something I do not take kindly. You do not want to be on my bad side. Instead using a lame ad hominem attack. That's a fallacy and a cowardly weak response, If I ever heard one. Why am I not surprised.....?

Now....where was I?

I get and agree with your sentiment, Tomoko, and I just can't relate to, or appreciate the music choice. I think though we all could choose a song or lyric that would express a similar frustration and angst with the world; it would probably be a different song for everyone, as music can be such a personal thing. I wouldn't take Doc's comment too seriously.;)

How are you feeling?

I get and agree with your sentiment, Tomoko, and I just can't relate to, or appreciate the music choice. I think though we all could choose a song or lyric that would express a similar frustration and angst with the world; it would probably be a different song for everyone, as music can be such a personal thing. I wouldn't take Doc's comment too seriously.;)

How are you feeling?

Indeed, each and everyone of us has our own "celestial" song, whether we know it or not that God gave. Can we just try to focus on my message at hand, please? Instead of making excuses for Doc's childish response. I wil take his comment seriously. This is a forum for adults. Not for people who act childish. Do not try and change the subject. I get very annoyed by this. It's behavior like this I am not very tolerant of, and rightly so.

8f1109c70ac5d8c8491b1651a876ca59c0c94f513b9bfc7b0f8ed3b938d3810e.jpg

When all the doom and gloom from the news or other media gets too much , one song I like to listen to is Brian Setzer's cover of Glenn Miller's In The Mood.
'Course the folks who heard it when Glenn Miller was around and playing it were living in extraordinary times ...
Andy

Looking over this thread a couple of times, I'm not sure of a few things:

First, I'm not sure what commentary, if any, you're looking for in your OP. Are you asking a question? Or just making a statement? I've read it a few times and I'm not clear on the intent. What kind of responses were you hoping for?

Second, I didn't read Doc's comment as meaning to insult you in some way, I saw him simply express an opinion, and did so with few words. That's pretty common on this forum - I see it all the time. You both obviously have a different view, but I don't see that he was attacking you - just my 2 cents on that matter.

But to the discussion in your OP. I'm not a huge music guy myself, but going back to my teens and twenties, I did have some songs that resonated with me and with my view of the world. Much of that came from hard rock and heavy metal, though some also came from more new age tracks that had similar tones to the one you posted. Occasionally those songs do come back to mind and take me back to a different time. The song you posted also reminds me of songs from my past like Crossfire, One and Cult of Personality, where clips or soundbites of news events (usually negative) were worked into the music - definitely a strong impact when blended with the right music.

As to the world today. Yes, it's messed up, that is abundantly clear. Is it the beginning of the end? I don't think anyone can say for certain that it is or it isn't. Bad news, even in increasing amounts, doesn't mean the world can't turn around. We've already survived two world wars, changed as a result of them, but still survived. History is filled with entire empires that have collapsed, while the rest of the world went on. And while I have no great optimism at this time for where we're headed, I have a feeling perhaps we're not at the end just yet. But then again, who of us can possible predict what the future may hold. I will note that my worldview includes the fact that I'm a Christian, so my view of the end is very much informed by that belief. But even with that, I don't know if this is it - yet.

Regardless of the current direction of this country and of the world in general, I do try to hold some level of hope that we will once again turn a corner and find a way to get better again. I honestly don't know if that will happen, but I prefer to hope, so long as I'm capable of it. And with the election BS that's going on in this country right now, hope seems harder and harder to hold onto.

This song (or interlude) Is what I call, the very soundtrack of the days we are living. I do believe that is John Walsh's voice at the beginning from America's Most Wanted. We are living in a time in history where, it could very well be the last chapter to the beginning of the end. We are living in precarious times. This is why I don't watch TV. You turn it on all you see are death and despair. Or biased reporting as a whole. This was from Scarface's The Diary album from over 23 years ago. Every time I hear this I get goosebumps on my back. It'll raise the hair on the back of your
neck.

<broken link removed>

Thanks for your thoughts.

On current course with humanity there will be a point of no return of the path stays the same.

Doesn't raise hair on my neck, though sometimes I take a look where and who said something to see if it's agenda driven (album sales).

The crux of it is that people actually do have goodwill inside them and given the chance and will resist what was spoken about.

Hmmm, "you do not want to be on my bad side" always seems like a threat to me. I know you are going through some health issues, and I can appreciate that. Being in a hospital sucks. But Doc was neither rude or belittling in his simple 3 word comment. Your posts and threads up to this point have been tactful and thoughtful. And its ok for other members here to disagree with you and post their thoughts just like you have.

And if I may take the white gloves off for just one second....I'm game to be on anyone's bad side. So get to feeling better. And realize that your opinion is just that. YOURS.

And if I may get even more on your bad side.....

Listen to: (on GOOD headphones)

"Goosebumps" got nothin on this.

WWI
The Flu pandemic
the depression
WWII
The McCarthy Hearings
Korea
The Cold War
The Cuban Missile Crisis
Vietnam and the anti war movement
The Clinton's
Eboli
Zeka
The Clintons
etc.

Every generation has their "this is the end of the world thing" and yet if you ignore the majority of it and just keep on it all works out until the next thing to end the world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top