JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something to think about...

If you have a good shop that's really been supporting the pro2A legislative efforts...send some business their way...make no mistake, your LGS is in the anti's cross hairs as well.

Boss

So I know that magazines you own before the law takes effect would be grandfathered. But what if you lived in a free state and bought new magazines after the law went onto effect here, and then you moved here with magazines legally purchased in the other States after the law took effect here. Would those be illegal because they were purchased after the law went into effect here, or would they be grandfathered also?

So I know that magazines you own before the law takes effect would be grandfathered. But what if you lived in a free state and bought new magazines after the law went onto effect here, and then you moved here with magazines legally purchased in the other States after the law took effect here. Would those be illegal because they were purchased after the law went into effect here, or would they be grandfathered also?
Not sure how that works. If it was me, I'd pack those away somewhere safe and just train with compliant mags. I plan on getting a bunch of those too so I dont wear out my 20-30 rounders. I'll save those for an emergency type situation

Unless there's date stamps on the mags. They can't track the age of the mags anyways.

Sent an e-mail to SAF to see if they have any objection to my writing a letter to Bobby "Sue" inquiring how to comply with the bill's requirements to prove "provenance", given that the magazines have no identifying serial number.
Why would you want to do that?
If they want to put a poison pill in their bill, let them.
I think Napoleon said "Never interrupt an enemy while he/she's making a mistake.."

Wheres that?
Bigdaddyunlimited
959E558D-7AC9-4C1A-8C5A-80582D963F9F.png

My question is why send any questions or emails to any office about how to comply with a bill that hasn't even been passed all the way through yet or signed by Governor Inslee. That's like shooting a person in thier own foot making it sound like you're all for the proposed bill passing. Don't worry about things that way until it actually happens. In the meantime but buy buy and stock up. That's not rocket science.

Like GWS said let them mess themselves up, don't give them anymore ammo to add into chit we already aren't wanting. It never ceases to amaze me things people do to mess up our own cause.

Last Edited:
My question is why send any questions or emails to any office about how to comply with a bill that hasn't even been passed all the way through yet or signed by Governor Inslee. That's like shooting a person in thier own foot making it sound like you're all for the proposed bill passing. Don't worry about things that way until it actually happens. In the meantime but buy buy and stock up. That's not rocket science.

Like GWS said let them mess themselves up, don't give them anymore ammo to add into chit we already aren't wanting. It never ceases to amaze me things people do to mess up our own cause.

Yeah, you ask how to comply once it's actually in effect or been signed in to go into effect at the start of another year or government session (ala July) Because that's when it's relevant.

To all the people who wanted to know why I would send a letter to AG Bobby Sue, I was considering the possibility of creating a paper trail proving that they knew the bill had impossible compliance provisions BEFORE they passed the thing. Anyway, I was counseled by SAF to not send the letter.

SAF is based out of Bellevue so hopefully they jump on this steaming pile of... not so great stuff sooner rather than later. I'm a GOA Patriot member and donate to SAF regularly, so I hope ya'll are doing the same.

Regardless, I just ordered a bunch of Glock and AR mags.

Response from Senator Shelly Short. District 7.

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about your opposition to the gun control bills of any kind that have been introduced in the legislature for the 2020 legislative session.
I am absolutely opposed to bills like, < HB 2240 2241 OR SB 6076, 6294, 6288, 6077, 6080 >; every year gun control advocates introduce legislation to restrict our Second Amendment Right to bear arms. Law abiding citizens are not the problem, nor will limiting law abiding citizens' access to firearms or to ammunition make our society a safer place.

While I will do all that I can to make sure that SB 5062, HB 1068, HB 2519 and the like never see the light of day! I need your help too! It would be great if you could participate by:

1) Come to Olympia and testifying when the bill is heard in committee (you can also participate by remote testimony in the Senate - please contact Tammy Weston at [email protected] for a list of locations available.)
2) Send written testimony to the appropriate Senate or House committee members via email or mail.

Thank you again for writing me with your concerns.

Shelly Short
Senate Republican Floor Leader
State Senator
7th Legislative District
Washington State Republican Caucus

First time I've ever heard a modern republican speak (or type) something that seems genuine and without any other sort of other agenda behind it. And I believe them. Admittedly a good few pubs here in Washington shouldn't be compared to those in other states or in Federal circles. But being a moderate, I've become jaded. I'm willing to vote or listen to anyone that seems totally genuine and isn't ready to just dump programs or cut major funding for the important things. And it just seems like the die hard dems these days can be just as bad as the pubs. In different ways. I mean damn, is it really so hard to get a some moderates into the governmental hierarchy? If anyone can point me to right reps to send emails to, I'ma feckin' do it.

If anyone can point me to right reps to send emails to, I'ma feckin' do it.

Start here:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads