JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely get your 30-rounders, but 20-round AR mags are nice for bench shooting, like with a bipod, as they don't hang down so far and interfere with the bench.

I'll look around in the local shop and see what's what on prices there. I can get two thirty rounder C products defense mags for a little over thirty bucks including shipping from Atlantic firearms. But the only twenty rounds they carry are singles that are twenty bucks on their own. And I'm not really in a place to be spending a ton of money on mags for a gun that's still just a piece of poly in my case next to my Enfield and it's replacement barrel. But the state is starting to force me into spending money on AR parts over fixing my goddamn antique that could have rusty barrel threading. Which even in the best of conditions can still get worse over time.

Isn't it on them to prove you got them after the fact? As someone who's owned many AR's for years I think a jury would find it reasonable to assume I've had mine since before the ban.

Isn't it on them to prove you got them after the fact? As someone who's owned many AR's for years I think a jury would find it reasonable to assume I've had mine since before the ban.

That's just it. Unless your mags happen to have a manufacture date (Which would be a year at best), there isn't anything that can be enforced on a ban like this unless they go for enforcement of pinned mags like Cali did when they first implemented their ten round mag policies. So, technically, provided that a gun shop or sporting goods store in Oregon or Idaho suddenly require ID for magazine purchases and ask for a zip code, you could buy them that way even if sale in state is banned.

Last Edited:
But aren't all of the post ban 20 and 30 supposed to be dated? I know my GEN 2 Pmags are. Not sure about Okay or when Okay magazines were marketed by NHMTG.

I'll look around in the local shop and see what's what on prices there. I can get two thirty rounder C products defense mags for a little over thirty bucks including shipping from Atlantic firearms. But the only twenty rounds they carry are singles that are twenty bucks on their own. And I'm not really in a place to be spending a ton of money on mags for a gun that's still just a piece of poly in my case next to my Enfield and it's replacement barrel. But the state is starting to force me into spending money on AR parts over fixing my goddamn antique that could have rusty barrel threading. Which even in the best of conditions can still get worse over time.

Bruh, don't buy C products.

Get some pmag gen 2s for like $8, or some BCM, or okay industries for $10, or some lancer mags for $15.

They are a disposable item, so buy at least 10.

I don't quite have the income currently to just drop eighty bucks on mags for a gun that exists only in record.
Annnnd you wanna prioritize. For example, I have a few project guns that aren't even started but, best believe I'll be buying mags all year to make sure I have enough. I can finish the builds next year

Annnnd you wanna prioritize. For example, I have a few project guns that aren't even started but, best believe I'll be buying mags all year to make sure I have enough. I can finish the builds next year

Well, I'm currently on the road to try to get on disability, so my income is literally, live with my parents and cook. 40 bucks a month. I got an assload of cash over Christmas, but with the slow recoup on any of this money. I need to make my purchases prudently. And as I said I'm not going to be out every weekend shooting once I have either rifle up and running. Or even running comps. It's going to be load mag, insert mag, fire, remove and set aside, repeat, refill. But yeah a full ban without an emergency tag on it does mean it won't happen until the start of next year at earliest.

I'm also just skeeved out on what might happen to the availability of parts if we do gen AW ban passed. As I've noted previously, I've only got a stripped lower from Tennessee arms that I got last June before the initiative hit. So it's like... Buy an upper now and wait on my Enfield? Fix my enfield and save my money out the bubblegum and hope I get on some level of disability/work rehabilitation quick enough to get an upper and buttstock I want? For instance I'd love to have the AR-180 piston upper, but that's a pipe dream. At the moment without buying mags I could get the Wolf A1 upper. Copy of the Indonesian piston driven M-16 upper. But it'd tap me out.

Bruh, don't buy C products.

Get some pmag gen 2s for like $8, or some BCM, or okay industries for $10, or some lancer mags for $15.

They are a disposable item, so buy at least 10.

Aren't the BCM magazines D&H Industry brand? I know I got 30 round with my BCM rifle but it has long while now. The floor plate says BCM on it.

C Products make good mags as far as I know. I have about a dozen,,both aluminum and stainless, no problems and well built. Amunition Depot has them on sale for around $10. There was another online store selling them for $9, but I can't find them now.

You can look up mag prices on AmmoSeek.com for many online retailers.

edit: I just took one of my C Products mags apart and the follower is an exact match to the PMags. I replaced my old followers on my aluminum mags, including my four Okays, with MagPul's anti-tilt followers. Much better followers than the Okays or Coopers that I own. You be the chooser.

Last Edited:
C Products make good mags as far as I know. I have about a dozen,,both aluminum and stainless, no problems and well built. Amunition Depot has them on sale for around $10. There was another online store selling them for $9, but I can't find them now.

You can look up mag prices on AmmoSeek.com for many online retailers.

I've looked at some Pmags and found them for 8.99 on grabagun. I wanna buy two 30's and a twenty, but the twenty is more expensive than a thirty, and it's confusing as to why.

Pmags and Okay surefeeds are my go to. I think both have month and year stamp. I know Okay's do. $10.99 for 20's and $11.99 for 30's at botach

Pmags and Okay surefeeds are my go to. I think both have month and year stamp. I know Okay's do. $10.99 for 20's and $11.99 for 30's at botach

I tried to order from Biotach since the item I ordered was shown in stock. The it stated processing only to go from in stock to permanently out of stock. They eventually canceled my order. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.:confused:

I tried to order from Biotach since the item I ordered was shown in stock. The it stated processing only to go from in stock to permanently out of stock. They eventually canceled my order. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.:confused:
Recently? I've heard complaints but never heard about what. Ive ordered from them a lot without issue.

I edited my original post, but decided to make a new one.

I just took one of my C Products mags apart and the follower is an exact match to the PMags. I replaced my old followers on my aluminum mags, including my four Okays, with MagPul's anti-tilt followers. Much better followers than the Okays or Coopers that I own. You be the chooser.

Gun.deals shows Palmetto State Armory Pmags for $8.99

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top