JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is happening tomorrow morning January 23rd at 10am.

It's executive session hearing on this.

Carry over bill from 2019 legislative session to 2020 session.

This is coming up tomorrow January 23rd, at 10am . Live video hearing on high capacity magazine bans and most likely others as well for those who want to watch, to keep track of what our legislators are doing with these bills.

Live Video Link below:

Watching it, 6077 (mag limits) passed out of committee.

Paraphrased exchange:
Lynda Wilson: You mentioned before that we should try this magazine limit to see if it is effective. Can we build some evaluation of whether it is effective into the bill?
Patty Kuderer: No. We worked hard on this bill, it's perfect.

6294 (CPL training requirements) and 6288 (Washington Office of Firearm Violence Prevention) also passed out of committee.

The "no" votes were all given in a really sad voice :(

Donate to SAF. Litigation successfully halted California's magazine ban, so if the state passes this nonsense we all need to chip in and help litigate here too.

Yep the no good pukes passed both out of committee. Patty Kuderer said they worked hard on the bill with Bob Ferguson our fearless attorney general, and she didn't want to change the magazine ban, but if it didn't help they could " revisit" it later.

Like yea righttttt, like that's gonna happen with the anti gun liberals on the benches in Olympia.

Last Edited:
Every law needs a sunset clause. Proove it made a difference or stop oppressing people.
I've advocated that very thing for years. Hopefully the legiscritters would be too busy to mess around with stupid stuff, put the grandstanding "just to make a point" proposals where they belong, and do some actual work.

"I'd like to discus my new ban on leather shoes in public buildings... "

"Nope. It's stupid. We dont have time. NEXT!"

"How "bout murder?"

"Yep... still bad, all in favor... ? The ayes have it. NEXT!"

"I want to ban giving flavored vapes to buffalos... it's real crisis. "

"NOPE. Dumb. NEXT!"

There's a senator proposing a bill in Washington (I think) to make underage cell phone use criminal. He's doing it to make a point... I don't like it even if I agree with his point, which is illustrating absurdity by being absurd. Fine, but do it on your own dime.
Lest I appear partisan in my condemnation of legislative antics, this cat is a Republican.

Just call your magazines undocumented.

Notice a little bit of vagueness in how the law is to be enforced?

(a) The possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who legally possessed the large capacity magazine on the effective date of this section, or possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires possession of the large capacity magazine by operation of law upon the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the large capacity magazine, provided the person in possession of the large capacity magazine can establish such provenance.

If I didn't know any better I would say the legislators intentionally made this as vague as possible to put gun owners in the position of being in perpetual jeopardy by forcing them to "prove" they owned the magazines prior to the date of effectiveness, but not having a path to actually be in compliance. This will likely be a point raised by SAF that the law as written flips hundreds of years of court precedent on its head by requiring gun owners to prove themself "innocent" rather than the state having to prove them "guilty".

Last Edited:
So we need to do a mass exchange with bill of receipt the day before it goes into effect. All my mags (listed) to youbfor .01 and then you do it back for .01 all done. Either way, I'm glad I still have family out of state.

^^44Brent...yeah, cuz everyone saved all their accessories receipts over the past few decades...riiiigghhhtttt.

One would think, particularly if a person were a long time gun owner, and they didn't make any purchases after X date, it would be fairly impossible to prove that something you had in your possession you didn't own before X date.

They know this of course...this is all about getting WA on the 'will not ship to' list and stifling law abiding gun owners.

And when it fails, as we know it will, that'll be the argument that they need to do MORE!

Was researching a bit, there still several more steps, right? It has to go to committee in the other chamber and several other steps/readings, etc. correct?

But watching those things is test in frustration ..why even bother with acting like the Dims care and aren't going to ignore everything said, and just pass it that condescending 'and it passes' tone.

Keep writing/calling. Legislators and the media...

Use the links. Spread the word...

Boss

^^44Brent...yeah, cuz everyone saved all their accessories receipts over the past few decades...riiiigghhhtttt.

One would think, particularly if a person were a long time gun owner, and they didn't make any purchases after X date, it would be fairly impossible to prove that something you had in your possession you didn't own before X date.

They know this of course...this is all about getting WA on the 'will not ship to' list and stifling law abiding gun owners.

And when it fails, as we know it will, that'll be the argument that they need to do MORE!

Was researching a bit, there still several more steps, right? It has to go to committee in the other chamber and several other steps/readings, etc. correct?

But watching those things is test in frustration ..why even bother with acting like the Dims care and aren't going to ignore everything said, and just pass it that condescending 'and it passes' tone.

Keep writing/calling. Legislators and the media...

Use the links. Spread the word...

Boss

Well at least my Gen2 PMAGs have a date stamped on them, look at the small circle on them - has the year and month manufactured.

Not yet, but well on the way. Currently there is a grandfather clause, ie they're going to sell a arseload of mags here very soon in WA.

Boss

Well... I'm going to be buying a couple online then in the next few days. Decent prices but good quality. I don't even have a damned complete lower or even any upper parts but if I have to spend money now just so I'm not stuck with just 10 round mags in an AR, I'm willing to spend forty bucks or so for a pair. I'm not a big volume shooter so, having two mags is all I'll really need outside of lifespan. But, again, only ever to be loaded when at the range. So springs won't be worn much.

Well... I'm going to be buying a couple online then in the next few days. Decent prices but good quality. I don't even have a damned complete lower or even any upper parts but if I have to spend money now just so I'm not stuck with just 10 round mags in an AR, I'm willing to spend forty bucks or so for a pair. I'm not a big volume shooter so, having two mags is all I'll really need outside of lifespan. But, again, only ever to be loaded when at the range. So springs won't be worn much.

Definitely get your 30-rounders, but 20-round AR mags are nice for bench shooting, like with a bipod, as they don't hang down so far and interfere with the bench.

Sent an e-mail to SAF to see if they have any objection to my writing a letter to Bobby "Sue" inquiring how to comply with the bill's requirements to prove "provenance", given that the magazines have no identifying serial number.

What needs to be asked, as they claim X number of states have standard capacity mag restrictions: And what was the result? CA has had mag restrictions for a long time, and they seem to have plenty of shootings.

Put another way, how many of these restrictions did nothing more than infringe on law abiding citizens...or some cases....actually CREATE more 'criminals' while simultaneously doing NOTHING to stop actual violent criminals?

We know the answers and what the agenda is...

Keep writing/making your voices heard!

Boss

original-fb931f7c90a8281bd4099ee860ec3735.png

This entire Mag thing is simply to stop companies from shipping to Washington.

That is all that is going to be enforced, or can be really. Date stamps, all of this other stuff, none of it matters.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews