JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The knees are jerking, however the NRA's statements are equally nuts.

"..instead of prosecuting criminals or fixing our broken mental health system."

We are now the number one jailer in the world with over 1% incarcerated.
And how many of these recent shooters making the knees jerk were criminals? I don't think any of them were, so how would that help?

As far as mental health, we can't even do something about the high suicide rate in our service people, and here we know who they are and have them captive for checking before they are discharged!
If the gov starts some sort of mental health screening it will find ten thousand potential shooters for every real one, and by the time they are done with their program we will have ten shooters just from sheer resentment.

It's in how you read it. It looks like they want to keep a 2013 bill from expiring in 10 years. But I wonder if they are trying to be sneeky and treat the 94-2004 federal ban as if it never ended. It's how you interpret it. I see the most simple way to take it. It just caught me as strange as they have no talk about a sunset to the 2013 bill except here. Heck in the end it may have a proposed 5 year or 20 year sunset. That's what made me think of a dual meaning in the way you can interperate this line. It says [ Eliminating the 10-year sunset that allowed the original federal ban to expire] . Im reading it like this. [Eliminate the sunset on the origonal federal ban]. See? Could it not be interpreted this way? I admit I could be wrong. But I'm more woried about if I'm right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top